Unlimited access >

2001 Best of the BB Awards...

Thank you Miniwelsh…Mrs. Ray has that coupoun for for the Acrylics next week! I mean really just because tle can’t have the Big Juan she’s all up in the business ruffling her self up and down the staircase. Just relax that nappy booty attack and sit down on that 34 bus to the “heights” with your hot chips and brown bagging purple passion plastic pants wearing chinese shoes polishing, self!

Yeah, I was there… Tucker almost got trampled by the cows!

Ahem. Anyway, I revise my list (reluctantly) to include Colin. I think that covers it.

I come here to find that only one person likes me! (well, maybe Ms. Rid too, but I think her vote for me was a hidden insult )

Oh well. Too bad. I still have opinions. (but gawwwwshhh no one here likes me? NO TAKERS? Going once…)

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The Juniors Clique thread was amazing, of course.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - The 9/11 ones.

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Uh, juniors clique. What a trooper. But the ones that probably needed to die were, of course, the hell-met topics.

4. Thread that you wish had never died - Juniors Clique again!

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Musical Jumper saga

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Hmmmm… possibly VTrider. Colin I’m sure has other motives as well.

7. Best username - Special*K was a good one (or however she spelled it), makes me wish I had a K name. I also like how everyone can shorten ETBW’s real user name.

8. Most annoying username - FEATHERED BUBBLE HEAD!

9. Most inspirational poster - Gee… hmmm…

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - no answer

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Kachoo! I just make sure I’m not drinking anything first, lest I sticky my keyboard (sticky my keyboard? proper English much?)

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo (have you seen her brother?!)

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Spaz, JumperEq, Steve, etc. etc. etc. from the juniors clique, also I’d like to meet the moderators and get their autographs. And of course, ETBW and the Winglet.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I’m already a member of the good ones, silly.

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Kachoo, Chanda, ETBW’s Maddie.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - I’m always in a good mood ( ) but Kachoo does a pretty good job of it if I’m having an “off” day.

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Spaz, JumperEq, Steve, Ponyperson… ummm, I wuv ClipClop of course, the rest of my fellow juniors, and in the adult section Louise and Weatherford and ETBW… etc!

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11… or hel-you-know-whats. Or the juniors clique. Again.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - My lips are sealed, thank you.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Hmmm… nothing! Though I would like to change my title from BB Guide to BB Goddess. Think you can arrange that, Erin?

21. What you like best about the BB - The response time, LOL! I also love the camaraderie and the freedom of speech.

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I don’t think anything could do that, my habits are firmly etched into my darling little brain.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    Ehhhh… I wouldn’t do it again.

~Erin
PROUD member of the approved QUEENS clique- with a safety crown! (whatever trims your tree!)

Blast from the past! Are you positive it was Vanity 6 who did that song or could it be … Apollonia 6?

MUUHHAAAAAHAAAAAA!

Now, to get back on topic here: alas, I must agree with the traditional h/jers here: eventers are crazed adrenaline junkies with no common sense when it comes to fashion due to being knocked silly upside the head a thousand ways from Sunday when they bounce off those big solid wood suicidal trakheners on reject jumpers as noted above by Colin. Have pity on them

(I’m just kidding! TLE, you are even cooler in my book now that you’ve endured the good natured joking on this thread).

Okay, 11 pages of BB awards. 650some posts since August 15, four months, 650 posts, come on someone, throw me a bone, at least one post had to be entertaining.

marion

My treasures do not chink or glitter…They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." -Bedouin Proverb

Darn, I thought I was doing so good this year too Oh well, at least MsRidiculous and ErinB make me feel special

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Jr. Clique by FAR…muahaha. Though all my picture ones where pretty good too
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9/11 and Jo’s “Prayers Needed” one. That’s the only one I actually cried reading.
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Them fighting Juniors! Wait…that’s me, isn’t it?
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - Junior Clique comes to mind.
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - actually, I had a nightmare last night about the advertising and horses one. I was going to a show to watch and the people I was going with were all dressed up in white breeches, white shirts, black coats, hair loose, and complete with gloves and whips. The scary thing is, one of those persons was Nickelodian…there was also a midget somehow involved, but we won’t go into that.
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - I’m thinking me…LOL no just kidding (REALLY!) Blue52 and Bennet&Bailey probably…
  7. Best username - Hmmm…I guess Lord Helpus, though it took awhile for me to figure out
  8. Most annoying username - Stupid Child probably
  9. Most inspirational poster - I tend to skip over the “inspirational” posts…sorry.
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ErinB of course, who else would I room with?
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - ErinB and Nickelodians (just because I know what she is talking about)
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo! Spruce Meadows? That is sooo awesome!
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - ErinB of course!! (One day my dear…one day). And Whit, Ponyperson, Steve, Feathered Bubble Head, and all the other perfect juniors
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - You mean theirs life outside the Junior Clique?15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Depends on if the train would stop or not…
  15. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - ErinB, Kachoo, and anyone funny really.
  16. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Well ErinB (I sound like a broken record LOL), but I also know Jo, MsRidiculous, and Nickelodian better.
  17. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11
  18. Poster who you want to “vote off the island” -Does the vote have to be unanymous?
  19. Thing you would change most about the BB - A printer-friendly version!
  20. What you like best about the BB - The people
  21. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Well since this BB IS my life, yes.
  22. In general - how was 2001 for you? Good until high school…high school sucks.

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
Junior Clique!

I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.

Come on now… it was ALL in fun… my posts, sbk’s, Robby’s. I believe VTRider started it… then of course disappear! Wassup with that!?

But ya gotta admit… trash talking (for real) and a princess attitude DO go together. I can think of honest to goodness princesses that are just like that… seriously. And yes, it does hamper them in “life”.

Nah… no one here (at least on this end of the keyboard) took anything seriously.

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

CRY ME A RIVER

Proud Member of the ~UnapprovedPrincess Clique~
AND! the ::DuMbBeLL Clique::
Look out for Whos Counting!

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year

I’m torn between the COTH Charity horse show and the You’re so Vain threads. Those songs (especially HITS Show California) still give me a giggle, and this year has been desperately in need of giggles.

1. Thread that has impacted you the most

It’s not even a question, the 9/11 threads, although I suspect there is more than one BB’er that wishes I had never set foot on those threads

1. Thread that just wouldn’t die

ODG, those funny black things that sit on people’s heads. But for you old timers, isn’t this a so much better choice than last year’s obvious winner in this catagory?

1. Thread that you wish had never died

You’re so Vain… but it hasn’t yet!! I know there are more creative BB’ers out there!

1. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares

MJ… wasn’t that what you like least about the internet?

1. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights.

Hmmm, withover 5000 posts, and second runner up to Wingsy in number of posts, I really can’t cast aspersions on anyone else’s motives, now can I?

1. Best username

She changed it, but I loved Off Course!!! Best current name is of course, Lord Helpus. I spent weeks seeing if I could find a worthy “copycat” name. Failed, obviously…

1. Most annoying username

As an old fart, I reserve the right to let ThIsStUfFDrIvEmEuPaWaLl

1. Most inspirational poster

Louise and Duffy (OK, Duffy is sweet, but Louise just writes the nicest stuff that even an old cynic like me has to appreciate).

1. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium

I’m sure the Chief Cat Herder deserves a visit, but our insurance only pays for one, so Moesha and his multiple personalities gets our vote

1. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading

Kachoo!! We are going to be buying her books one day, aren’t we? Also, I really like reading Dianna and Chrissy’s posts on the horse care forum. I always get something out of those posts.

1. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life

Alan Greenspan

1. Poster who you most want to meet in person

Sorry, this can’t be just one, right? The NY clique, 'specially AHC, SoEasy, Louise, Erin, Portia, Gofer (and Gofer’s baby!), Lily, Becca, Merry & Beezer (this has to be done as a pair, right?), Jair, Heidi, Canter, Finzean, JB, and many more I am blanking out on (blame it on a long day at a horse show, followed up by wine).

1. Clique that you most want to be a member of

I think I have honorary status in the VA clique, but I haven’t felt that warm fuzzy invitation from the Canadians yet…

1. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for

Chef’s Jade!! I’d even sacrifice my long held TB principles for this one. But other than that, I still think Robbie is pretty darn special (and so does he )

1. Poster that always puts you in a good mood

There are a few, but Kachoo and VT always manage to put a grin on my face, even when I am down. And ErinB is developing quite a sense of humor… (honey chile, you should be worried when DMK thinks you have a good sense of humor - this is not a sign of mental stability!)

1. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB.

VT, Louise, SoEasy, Duffy, Hattie, Havaklu, Becca, Jair, AHC, Jeb, Portia, all the VA clique (yes, you, R&R), and so many more… You all have been great friends during a rather rough year.

1. Most memorable event from the BB this year

September 11th… We were at work and could not find a TV, and the internet news services were overloaded. Between this BB and some very heartfelt conversations with AHC, our office knew what was happening almost real time

1. Poster who you want to "vote off the island

Oh it would be terribly rude to do so, but like most, I’m sure I could find a few to hit the boat early…

1. Thing you would change most about the BB

I like that truth serum idea…

1. What you like best about the BB

As out of control as it gets sometimes, you can’t get this open an exchage of ideas in a face to face discussion. I also like the instant research that goes into some of the questions.

1. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?

That’s a tough one… I’ve changed the way I ride (presumably for the better), the way I take care of my horses, all due to various excellent suggestions on this BB, but my life hasn’t changed… unless you count a lot more hours online?

1. In general - how was 2001 for you?

Like Lily, I can’t wait for 2002 to boot 2001 in the ass. I started out this year and ended it by putting down two of my dear horses, and had September 11, to put the sorrows of my life into perspective. We all deserve better than that. What a sad not to end this on… Whatever else has happened this year, I know that I have lots of dear friends that are there for me. That is something special, isn’t it?

[This message was edited by DMK on Dec. 07, 2001 at 09:37 PM.]

MargaretF runs Magpies now. She is the official Jesse’s girl and jello shooter champion. Miss Plether 200 has been unseated.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

ErinB-- My dear, don’t take my nomination as an insult, as there lies no doubt in my mind that your name will be in lights for the rest of your life.

MsRid-- Perhaps I see your ridiculousness (is that a word??) in your hatred of the postal service. Or in the banishment of people for fun. Now don’t get me wrong, I love it!! But sometimes strikes me as what could be ridiculous.

Seven Down Four to go...it doesn't seem like that many, but geez an eternity to me.  What do you guys think of the name Traveling Light??

[Edited signature so the page isn't made so wide]

[This message was edited by Portia on Dec. 10, 2001 at 12:11 PM.]

Oh no She didn’t! Miss Safety Thong did not just go off like that!

Kellybird!! You’re on my list (even without the Hadfield bribery, although that certainly never hurts ). A Lack of Quality Evening Memory is just what happens when old people drink wine - you know, the brain cells are the first to go!

geeish–you leave the BB to go get the Kiddies and people think your serious…Robby I want you on my team–can I call you next time I need to insult someone?

What I don’t understand is why hunters bother to travel to different cities…they set up the exact same 8 fences regardless of the place. Wouldn’t it make more sense to move the fences and not the horses? (and if it’s a Classic its STILL the same eight fences, you just do more of the same.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Quote: "Originally posted by VTrider:

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
    Virtual Horse Show

2. Thread that has impacted you the most -
    9/11 threads

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die -
    all those helmet threads, the PV thread

4. Thread that you wish had never died -
    I dunno they all get old after a while lol

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares -
    the MJ thing

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights -
    Colin

7. Best username -
    Lord Helpus, Havaklu

8. Most annoying username -
    I second the person who said anything with a 2 after it

9. Most inspirational poster -
    Reginapony

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -
    Colin, VTRider, DMK

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading -
    Moesha, Colin, VTRider, and all the Alters

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life -
    Oi I dont know about that one! lol

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person -
    I’ve met the entire VA Clique and most of the people from GA, what more do I need?

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    I miss the VA clique but I still claim a half membership!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
    my ex horse Rumour, Lord Helpus’s horse is pretty, Jade is pretty, the list goes on

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
    VTRider, Colin, Moesha, Merry, Beezer, LaurieB

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB -
    CBoylen, R&R (well… I didnt really meet them here) Duffy, Moesha, Sea Urchin, VTRider, Colin

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year -
    the helmet discussions, Colin @ Middleburg

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -
    anyone and everyone who insists with a closed mind that everyone who wears an unapproved helmet is stupid and ignorant. Choice is fine, opinion is fine, belitttlement (is that a word?) and attempts at dictatorship are not.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB -
    MORE SMILEYS!!!

21. What you like best about the BB -
    _The fact that this place always makes me smile!

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?
    Yeah you could say thanks to this place I have one foot in the looney bin officially now.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    [b]made a lot of changes in my life- went from the big A shows as an adult to doing the Paint shows as a professional. But I feel good about every bit of it and this place has had a lot to do with that!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant take it anymore - its
back to the old name for me.

the Big Juan has been referred to as a Mexican groom! Wrapworks will never be the same.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:

1. Poster who you want to “vote off the island” - SOME EVENTERS AND SOME JUNIORS
    _<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, bring it, VTrider.

Robby, the eventer!

While I would never be as uncouth to assume any sort of membership without the mandatory swearing-in/hazing/initiation rites/“secret handshake” having taken place …

I do believe my single Miller Lite consumed in the company of the VA fun bunch at Magpie’s last night has unleashed my inner comedian. Just a wee bit.

And really … event riders HAVE to tuck their baby bib body protectors into their granny pants undies due to the fact that they wear cheap 1-way stretch blend w/pleather seat breeches with NO BELT LOOPS, as opposed to a proper pair of TSs.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Moesha’s BB Soap Opera (was that this year??)
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Anything to do with September 11th or the war
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - any helmet thread
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - N/A
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares Anything posted by Moesha
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - VTrider!!
  7. Best username - hitchingmygetalong
  8. Most annoying username - any name with the number 2 behind it
  9. Most inspirational poster - Coreene/DMK/Slugger the list goes on and on …
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Colin/Moesha
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Everyone’s
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Jair
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Everyone that I still haven’t met
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - California of course!!
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - LCR Scott
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Heidi/Beezer/Merry
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Too many to mention - it was great to finally meet Duffy this year!
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Canadian Takeover Part Deux
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - There are a few.
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Sorry Erin, it’s time for a background colour change!
  21. What you like best about the BB - The people who post here
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? It’s a BB - not real life!
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? It sucked

[This message was edited by Canter on Dec. 07, 2001 at 10:56 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Moesha …

girl, you know you’re just trying to start some mess.
VTRider is in that preliminary state of confusion regarding her “riding lifestyle” and she’s just overcompensating with her Hunter Princess-ness.

She’s gone outside the box on the cutting horses. It’s just a matter of time before she’s leaving the starting box on XC.

And people, you CAN pick really tasteful and conservative XC colors!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah… what Robby said!!

Oh, and you DON’T want to go into tackyland, dear. Can we say “colors that look like mixed up baby barf?”. Puleeze!

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!