Unlimited access >

2001 Best of the BB Awards...

OH, and in response to the poll:
My favorite posters as in fun to read & enlightening are:
ETBW, lisamarie, FW, Moesha Heidi & Hobson
and I get good practical eventing information from tle
and I enjoy Velvet on the Dressage board
This board is a great place. People have fun and generously share information.
BTW, Moesha is a very good rider. I saw him on Wings and very much admired his equitation!

Betsy in Goosewood

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know about the MJ threads, but who was PV? Did I miss something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
PV = Paul Valliere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh it’s already been BROUGHTEN!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no no VTRider, its “Oh it’s already been BRUNG!” hehe I HAVE to see that movie its SO me
Hehe I luv ya too Ry & see it’ll be you & me baby and Stella & Parker! How cute! Parker wants to me you, its important for the guy to meet the girl’s father haha

~Princess~

“No you can’t have it back silly rabbit!”

• Blaque

VTrider - Yep!

Use the Force.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tle:
Yeah… what Robby said!!

Oh, and you DON’T want to go into tackyland, dear. Can we say “colors that look like mixed up baby barf?”. Puleeze!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it is ON!!!

Hey tle, why do you need letters to help you around a ring? Can’t you just remember in your Training Level Test 1 where to make your 20-meter circles?

I happened upon the picture of Herr Hobson and, well, needless to say, was quite smitten by the sight of his uber-thighs.

Hans is getting a mountain bike for Christmas.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
    The Haiku threads (was that this year?)

2. Thread that has impacted you the most -
    Ones where people posted unknowingly false or dangerous information/advice!!

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die -
    Anything 28 pages long…

4. Thread that you wish had never died -
    Um…haiku maybe

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares -
    bloody juniors ranting and whining about helmets!!!

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights -
    This would be an entire ‘clique’ although I refuse to say which ahem obvious one!

7. Best username -
    Liked WackyRider, MoodyHorse, Jain/Jayne/Gin/Gynne…oh WAIT… you mean someone else’s

8. Most annoying username -
    Anything not instantly recognizable or that does not say something to you eg: letters/initals/numbers or huge long half-acromonious names

9. Most inspirational poster -
    Merry! For being so nice (sorry Merry that is the only word I can think of!..supportive… I guess)

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -
    See #6!!

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading -
    Kachoo- we live int he same city and it’s fun to see someone else’s view at a different level.

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life -
    Merry. Or Moesha!! Or, see #6!

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person -
    Portia. Anyone else, including those in my own city!

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    nah… maybe just nice to know…those in my own city!!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
    My own… sorry to sound conceited… but after a long time I may have finally found ‘my own’ horse.Although I think everyone’s horse here is just perfect and darling!!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
    Merry.

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB-
    I wish…I could maybe just meet a few in my own city… gee was the same question asked several times, or do I have a theme here?

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year -
    I dropped out on 9/11, but I’d say the Canadian Takeover in an attempt to cheer and bolster our American counterparts!

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -
    I don’t think that would be polite to say!! Yes there are one or two… liars and frauds and wannabes

20. Thing you would change most about the BB -
    Put up a HUGE flashing permanant banner reading “for Entertainment Purposes Only”

21. What you like best about the BB -
    Being able to ‘share’.

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?
    It’s so entertaining that I spend more time sitting on my arse typing on a BB!!

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    Action-Packed, baby: recovered sufficiently from BAD car accident to ride, started teaching professionally, started new relationship with new stable, and got my credentials, got a new horse, sold about 3 of my own plus about 50 of a friend’s, coached professionally at shows for the first time, major shake up of life routine, found out new horse might be pregnant- found out she wasn’t, sold and bought (each) about 3 saddles, bought whole new horsey wardrobe for me and horsey, had a LOT of fun with Hubby and had lots of time to really enjoy myself and my own life, and realized I really like the way I live my life.
    Not so ‘general’ huh

Yes, I can attest to that. Moesha is definately a male, VT…Yep, that’s for sure…100%…all the way…no question…no brainer…he’s a guy!

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]

TLE, here it is… be prepared to sit down and read for a while:

So Sorry, Musical Jumper

Guess I should finally tackle this one… or at least parts of it.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Way too many to name… you people crack me up!
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - The 9/11 threads. As one of those who was stuck at work and had to at least pretend to be productive, the BB kept me updated on everything going on. Even more than that, I think, the post-9/11 discussions here were really enlightening. It was interesting to have everyone sharing their knowledge and fears.
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Ug… too many. Helmets are definitely the dead horse du jour. And the TH threads never seem to go away.
  4. Thread that you wish had never died -
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - This year? Hmm… MJ, I suppose. And there were a few things that happened off the boards that had me really worried too.
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights -
  7. Best username -
  8. Most annoying username -
  9. Most inspirational poster -
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Moi, of course.
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Honestly, there are SO MANY truly witty people here, there’s no way I could pick just one. I think the senses of humor here are just top-notch!
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Hmm. Weatherford. I need a trip to Ireland, dammit!
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - ANY OF THEM! I haven’t met any BBers yet (well, except for Gofer and Heather, and Brigitte, who I have known for a LONG time), and I keep missing the Frying Pan and Mosby’s outings.
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Almost all of them.
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Too many to name.
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Post 9/11
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - Heh heh… if I wanted them off the island, they’d already be gone. No, seriously, with the exception of a very, very few individuals who are long gone, I think the vast majority of people here have good intentions and have at least SOME redeeming qualities. The only people I truly can’t stand are those who purposefully lie and make themselves out to be something they’re not, or purposefully try to mislead people. I just think that’s really, really low.
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - I know some people feel excluded or left out, which I wish wasn’t the case. It can be hard to be heard out here sometimes, I guess.
  21. What you like best about the BB - The fact that people value intelligent, thoughtful, fair discussion, and the fact that there are SO many people willing to help or share their experiences.
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Eh… it went by way too fast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
Wingsy, or Heidi, or coreene, or Jair, or Kachoo, or Tin, or Beezer, or Merry, or hobson, or Bumpkin, or Kellybird, or … There’s too many to name.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw shucks, thanks Portia right back atcha!!! Never expected to see my name on here

<Day 2 of 3 months stall rest, 3 months of not neighing and 6 weeks until he can be hand walked >

And your point is??

Oh, Erin, if you fly on weekdays and come before April 1st, the RT fare from NY is about $298…

I find this quite hilarious. Well over half of these posts say “most annoying username:- ObiliviousJumper.” To clue those of you that don’t understand this ‘username’ in… I selected this name quite meticuliously. I feel that when I mess up on my courses in the classes I am just like ugh i dont know but i feel like so incredibly oblivious. like duh… so i find it not so nice that you guys are sitting here and like totally hating me b/c of my opinion. I kinda think thats shallow in some ways. I mean, I seriously don’t care who hates me but, isnt it nice to have people that dont hate you? oh yeah and for those of you wondering, I purposely spelled Oblivious wrong b/c that made an even better touch to the name. If it REALLLLY bugs you, i suppose i could just change it!

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:30 PM.]

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:34 PM.]

“Question for Canter” thread!
It was ONLY the best thread ever
And I do recall it beating the CA thread by a landslide.

“If you analyze why certain people end up together, it will make
you want to kill yourself.”

u are annoying!

Proud Member of the ~UnapprovedPrincess Clique~
AND! the ::DuMbBeLL Clique::
Look out for Whos Counting!

You see? Mimi likes me!

~Erin
Whatever hems your curtains.

I guess I like eventing better than hunters because it’s less formulaic. And much more individual and expressive. And very international. I mean, where else besides North America does the “show hunter” world exist?

It was most definitely Vanity 6. “If a Girl Answers, Don’t Hang Up.” They also did “Nasty Girl.”

“I guess I’m just used to sailors
I think they got water on the brain
I think they got more water upstairs
Than they got sugar on the candy cane”

Apollonia 6 did “Sex Shooter” and was around circa Prince’s “Purple Rain!”

C’mon people, where were you in 1984???

Robby

Psht they didnt like my Feathered Bubble Head either haha I like this one better

I dont mind the individual names BUT since its Bennet & Bailey, I always sit there going, “well is she Bennet? Or is she bailey??” haha only me!

~Princess~

“What does it take to be #1 cuz 2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers”
-Nelly

SoEasy did you notice you spelled “misspelled” wrong hehe you left out the 2nd S
Haha I find that so funny

~Princess~

“No you can’t have it back silly rabbit!”

• Blaque

There’s two things we can’t stand
One’s a jive talk man
The other’s a jive talk man with no money
Can ya dig it?
Click

Ooops, sorry, I thought it was a Vanity 6 sing-along…