Unlimited access >

2001 Best of the BB Awards...

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - all of them

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - none really

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - helmets!

4. Thread that you wish had never died - umm…

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - sheath cleaning, and helmets!

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - VTrider

7. Best username - horsewishes!

8. Most annoying username - Obilivious Jumper, (I DON’T hate you!) and Stupid Child

9. Most inspirational poster - everyone

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - LOL

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - everyones!

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - k, who wants to buy me a horse, and pay for all my riding, board, and show costs?

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - eveyrbody!

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - JRS

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - ‘n’ Butter!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - everybody who posts happy things

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - all of you!

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - this thread! lol

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - all those pissy people

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - can’t this load faster?

21. What you like best about the BB - attaching pics is so easy!

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? NOPE!

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? it was OK…

if wishes were horses, than beggers would ride

Oh yes she did…and remember - eventers wear granny briefs - thongs would actually cause them to have one sleek line

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

score!!

Eventers wear granny briefs with the big ole elastic gusset waistband hiked up real high so they can tuck their dork “help-me-I’ve-fallen-x-country-and-I-can’t-get-up” body protector vests into 'em.

1. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -
    anyone and everyone who insists with a closed mind that everyone who wears an unapproved helmet is stupid and ignorant. Choice is fine, opinion is fine, belitttlement (is that a word?) and attempts at dictatorship are not.

haha rumors follow! that would be everyone sept for me and catherine!

Proud Member of the UnapprovedPrincess Clique.
Whos Counting More then Words* JazzCat* Winter Waltz* Whata Hoot* Hollywood* Farnley Be Mine*

we’ve scared them off. I do hope they come back Medium in hand after Christmas.

Janet - they don’t call us hunter princesses G String Divas for nothing

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

VtRider, I totally agree, please these Eventing types think there all that and a bag of chips! But they are really a Side order of Slaw from the Roy Rogers fixing bar!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - I can’t single one out
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most -probably the sept. 11 ones
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Question for Merry
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - all of mine and Canter’s and Heidi’s Turkey Topics - that was such a riot!
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - MJ’s threads
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - I think I’d get in trouble if I really answered that
  7. Best username - Ponyperson - always thought it was cute, there are others too, but they escape me at the moment
  8. Most annoying username - BiGaNdLiTtLe names
  9. Most inspirational poster - Linda Allen
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Moesha, Heidi
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Robby Johnson, Heidi, Wings,
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - hmmm, actually I think I’d come back as ETBW’s husband - the idea of having someone like her to cook for me is truly enticing!
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - oh boy, there are so many!! Robby, DMK, Jeb, Heidi, Canter, Colin, VTrider, Hobson, LOUISE, Weatherford, SoEasy, Sea Urchin, Wings, Kennet Square, Magnolia, and Velvet for the shear shock factor
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - California (for the weather of course
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - DMK’s Robbie (she made me say that )
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Everythingbutwings, Heidi,
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - without a doubt Robby Johnson, Heidi, Wings, LOUISE, SoEasy, DMK, Colin, Jeb
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year -
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - JumperRider, Maria Ayla
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - more smilies, less animosity
  21. What you like best about the BB - the fact that it makes me laugh out loud at work, and gives me leave to use my secretly wicked and naughty sense of humour
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? not in particular, but I’ve certianly learned a few things, but more importantly many threads have been very thought provoking - a good thing in my books
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? It had its ups and downs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by Jair on Dec. 10, 2001 at 06:18 PM.]

[This message was edited by Jair on Dec. 10, 2001 at 06:24 PM.]

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
    The COTH Horse Show Threads

2. Thread that has impacted you the most -
    Any of the 9-11 threads

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die -
    Ryan’s Bridle post…die, please die.

4. Thread that you wish had never died -
    There are quite a few…um…cant narrow it down.

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares -
    Helmets!

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights -
    Probably me. I start out with a reason to post, but I forget it when I type.

7. Best username -
    Can’t Think of A Name / Fred

8. Most annoying username -
    ‘n’ Butter (but I get it now. Too cute)

9. Most inspirational poster -
    There are quite a few of you out there.

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -
    I think we all need a vacation there sometime

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading -
    Chanda…love those pics!

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life -
    Hum, I’d have to think about that for a while.

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person -
    Pas Petite Detail!

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    Baby Green Support Group

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
    Pas Petite Detail, Chanda, Kachoo and of course all the rest of you.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
    ERIN B!

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB -
    Pas Petite Detail

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year -
    COTH Horse SHow

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -
    Anyone who picks on Ryan

20. Thing you would change most about the BB -
    Nope, I luv it the way it is!

21. What you like best about the BB -
    The fact that people actually read your posts and TRY to help. Thanks guys.

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?
    Not really, but it has sure inspired me!

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    Excellent :::tapps fingers like Monty Burns and roles eyes side to side:::

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey tle, why do you need letters to help you around a ring? Can’t you just remember in your Training Level Test 1 where to make your 20-meter circles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why of course I can, dear. Those letters are for the judges!

Now, I could come back and ask why you need to have a fence to keep you IN the ring and pitty that you were never taught to count higher than 8,… but I think I’ll be nice.

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

I got it on good authority

AND he likes horses!

my old BBname, off course!

Well, gee… it’s not that we’re dumb. It’s that with all the he/she’s in H/J, one would never know!! I mean, ya’ll are almost as bad as the DQs!!

[This message was edited by tle on Dec. 10, 2001 at 03:02 PM.]

Erin said:<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - ANY OF THEM! I haven’t met any BBers yet (well, except for Gofer and Heather, and Brigitte, who I have known for a LONG time), and I keep missing the Frying Pan and Mosby’s outings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you suffering memory loss? Have you been falling off without a helmet? Am I THAT forgettable (in bumble bee colors)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - tle!! I’m a fan!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a fan! I have a fan! (I feel like Steve Martin jumping up and down screaming about the new phone books arriving). Thanks MsR.

Magnolia… ok, you realize with that answer you’ve asked for even more stories!

The initial criticism of tle because she was unaware of actual gender is moot. Attitude is not gender specific regardless of curtesy titles.

Ah, but Jair, you forget… she has “reformed!” It’s a whole new Colin.

Actually Weatherford, my Travelocity Farewatcher dutifully informed me this morning that the fares are down again… to $258! Must… resist… holidays coming… no money… must… resist…

I am hoping to go in Sept. or Oct. though.

Your favorite thread of the year - Question for Merry and follow-ups, threads with old show photos from the dinosaur era, horse-less pictures and Let’s Meet IV, the USOC/NGB soap (or horse?) opera

Thread that has impacted you the most - so many of those relating to September 11th,
the COTH horse rescue, Coreene’s Christmas charity topic, PV ad

Thread that just wouldn’t die - Bush vs. Gore, various helmet topics, Christian equestrians

Thread that you wish had never died - Question for Merry

Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - PV ad, hands down!

Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - Several juniors come immediately to mind, but remain nameless to protect the guilty

Best user name - dogchushu, gives me a chuckle everytime I see it

Most annoying username - Obilivious Jumper, the misspelling irritates me everytime I see it. AnYoNeWhOsEuSeRnAmElOoKsLiKeThIs.

Most inspirational poster - Reginapony

Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - you know who you are&… Thanks for the entertainment!!

Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - bumpkin, Coreene (and Willem), Merry, Kachoo, Portia, Flash44, findeight, heidi, Linda Allen - and WAY too many others to name.

Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - too many to decide on just one

Poster who you most want to meet in person - Coreene (hopefully at Christmas), MO (hopefully sometime)

Clique that you most want to be a member of - the ones I’m already in (CA and PNW)

Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - bumpkin and Coreene

Poster that always puts you in a good mood - any of my CA Clique buddies

Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - bumpkin, Coreene, MO, wty, CWP primarily, and everyone else I have e-mailed back and forth with this past year. You’re ‘all good’ and I am so happy to know you…

Most memorable event from the BB this year - the sense of community we all felt in the days following September 11th. Travelling to Washington to see bumpkin again, meeting wty, and so many wonderful phone conversations with both bumpkin and Coreene throughout the year.

Poster who you want to “vote off the island” - several juniors from the sneaking by thread, those who misrepresent themselves

Thing you would change most about the BB - that many of the original posters on the bb would come back or post more frequently than they do. That there were more substantive topics, and less that illustrate the “hunter princess” stereotype in action.

What you like best about the BB - the many wonderful friends that I have made, and the way it keeps me in touch with the horse show world

Has any one thing/topic changed the way you live - I appreciate each day of my life, my family and my friends, even more since September 11th.

In general - how was 2001 for you? It had memorable highs and lows. I’m looking forward to 2002!

“Of course, that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.” - Dennis Miller

Your Right MargaretF, Subk It was all in fun? I hope you didn’t think that that was a honest reflection or attitude towards anynone or any discipline.

Katie gosh I thought you loved me I can’t believe you!

Catherine
~Unapproved Princess Clique~ Proud member of the DUMBELL CLIQUE
The perfect hunt horse should" 'Ave the 'ead of a duchess an the arse of a cook"
Bounce once if you believe in diagonals!
Calligula, a smart man! Appointed his horse as consul!
Look mommy!! He’s wearing bellbottoms!!(in reference to a clydesdale)