Unlimited access >

2022 Foal Watch?

Thank you everyone. His floppy ears are straightening out, but poor little guy had projectile diarrhea this morning and we are waiting on bloodwork results. He has no fever and seems to be nursing well, but these things can go downhill in a hurry.

We have also thought of “Twice Enticed” too…he definitely needs a good name!

9 Likes

I’d go with Two Enticing. People will think you’re a grammatical idiot until they see his papers though. Hope he’s feeling better soon!

9 Likes

Haha I love twice enticed! Congrats, what an adorable foal!

3 Likes

Twice Enticed is a great name for him. Best of luck with getting things under control.

2 Likes

My mare is in foal to WH Topgun (Connemara). She’s at 10 months today. Still trying to make preparations for foaling so everything is ready.

4 Likes

I’d keep it simple and go with “Enticing” (Entice x Enticed) if the name is available. The name options are so many for this one. The thought of “Love Child” makes me laugh. Good luck!

Entwice or Entwiced or Entwicing.

4 Likes

Persuaded? Persuasion?

How’s he doing @EventerAJ?

@EventerAJ had ANOTHER super cute colt this morning, I noticed on Facebook!

3 Likes

Yes we had another one this morning! A dark-going-gray colt by Valiant Minister out of Her Special Way (Put It Back). We just bought “Special” from the January OBS sale so we don’t know much about her, and she is one of those whose milk changes FAST! She’s a great mom, though, and is a great type to be a sport horse broodmare. :smiley:

Entice’s colt is starting to unfold, and is looking absolutely stunning. You can really see his grandsire, Medaglia D’Oro, in him.

22 Likes

Congrats, @EventerAJ!! Lovely work by all of you, as usual. Those noses just beg to be kissed!

1 Like

Love these!

These foals are all so beautiful. Congratulations everyone.

2 Likes

I like Twice Enticed.

Twice As Enticing?

1 Like

I love that Entice colt - he’s stunning!
The naming possibilities are so intriguing - what about Enticement?

2 Likes

Foals are all doing well, and the next 2 mares are under close watch: Prayer Bell (Pulpit) in foal to Cloud Computing at 345 days, and Ultimate Class (During) in foal to Omaha Beach at 337 days. We just bought Prayer Bell in January, and she means a lot to me as I prepped her for the yearling sales back in 2010. I have heard she goes long, and that is proving to be true! Ultimate Class shocked us last year foaling in the field at 4pm (at 337!), so we are ready for her tricks this time. :wink:

Yourn’s filly by Gormley is not the friendliest creature on the planet, and despite her good looks she doesn’t get many photos. Thankfully she is VERY correct and needs minimal human intervention, spending maximum time outside.

Faerie Queen’s Midshipman colt is complete opposite: he LOVES people and is a delight to handle. His mother can be Storm Cat Quirky, but thankfully he is nothing like her. Truly a joy to have him, he is smart, kind, and wants to do whatever you ask of him. And he’s absolutely gorgeous. Brains, character, good looks and built beautifully?! I really want this one back when he’s done running!

Entice’s colt still has mild diarrhea and is reluctantly taking his metronidazole and BioSponge. He hasn’t had a fever, and continues to be alert and bouncy, so it seems he will be just fine. This one is so handsome, and flashy too. Also has a charming personality, with perhaps the prettiest head I’ve seen on a TB colt. When he walks, his ears still flop forward and its absolutely adorable.

Her Special Way’s colt has been a bit “sad” yesterday, and bloodwork came back with a low white cell count. He’s on pen & gent, and seemed perkier today. No fever, vitals are normal, he nurses well but is just “quiet” and less spunky than I would expect. Taking follow up bloodwork tomorrow. I see a lot of his mother in him, less of Valiant Minister (aside from the gray).

23 Likes

Thanks for the updates @EventerAJ. Your Midshipman colt is a stunner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely babies! I hope Entice’s colt and Her Special Way’s colt are both feeling 100% soon!

My mare started bagging up last week. I’m out of the country until Saturday so obsessively checking text messages, just in case. I’m home next week and then away for another week (Sunday-Sat) the following week. Still hoping she’ll be obliging enough to foal when I’m not away, but very excited for it whenever it happens! I know she is in great hands and it is SUCH a relief.

1 Like

#6 is a filly! Chrome fairy must have used up all her white paint…Ultimate Class foaled a pretty plain bay filly at 12:40am. At 10pm, I gave her less than 50/50 she’d go tonight…her milk was still cloudy lemonade, pH mid-6, 25 on the Brix scale…and then the foalert went off at 12:30.

She is a terrible stall weaver, so she has been out in the “maternity pen” near her friends. Foal came out fast, and she was back up eating her hay within 5 minutes…total pro, lol. Baby got a tarp ride dragged into the barn, and may end up with the stable name “Tarpon.” :laughing:

I have a schooling show today, first ride at 7:40am… who needs sleep???

20 Likes

If I ever breed my mare, she’s going to live with you @EventerAJ. How stressful but fun to have all sorts of babies coming so fast!

6 Likes