Unlimited access >

2022 Foal Watch?

Thank you for taking the time to update us with everything else you need to do, @EventerAJ! I just love watching the baby parade. Hope your show goes well and you can get some sleep tonite.

3 Likes

What a nice, respectable time for her to foal out for you. Good girl! She looks beautiful herself, no wonder her colt has a pretty head.

Twice Enticed has a nice ring to it. Could call him ā€œDittoā€ as a barn name. Orā€¦ Encore?

Good luck at your schooling show today, report back ā€“ who are you taking??

2 Likes

Has no one suggested Entwice for the colt? Heā€™s adorable! Lovely babies!

2 Likes

Entice is a gorgeous mare, I couldnā€™t help taking a pic tonight in the stall, she is so black and shiny she looks wet. While she produces very well made foals, they havenā€™t fared well at the track and this is her last commercial foalā€¦she visits Saketini this year to make something nice for sport. :slight_smile:

I took Saketini and my 10yo OTTB ā€œMonsterā€ to a schooling 3 phase event. Saketini loped around the P/T to finish 2nd, and Monster took 4th in his training division, just a few time penalties on XC (working on rideability!). I had a good time, but I hope to sleep in tomorrow! If Prayer Bell allows, of courseā€¦:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

You could call her Just Plain Class.

5 Likes

Or Just Classic/Classy

1 Like

What beautiful foals, my suggestion is Overly Enticed

1 Like

My goodness Entice is stunning :star_struck:

1 Like

Delayed updateā€¦Prayer Bell did not allow for sleep, and but my bedtime was already ruined by Ultimate Class. At 10pm Wednesday night, there was a puddle of blood in Classā€™s stall, and she had spent an unusual amount of the day lying down. Out of caution, we took her to UF hospital to get checked out. The blood appears to source from a vaginal laceration, and fingers crossed nothing more serious (I was concerned about a broad ligament tear or something). Class stayed at UF overnight for observation to be safe. I arrived home at 2am, to notice Prayer Bell a bit restless (sheā€™s usually a statue). No wax, milk cloudy lemonade color tested low 6 and 25 brix, so ā€œmaybe tonight, maybe not.ā€

Foalert went off at 3:15, and ā€œLadyā€ delivered a huge healthy filly at 3:30am. Up and nursed by 4:30, very smart filly who figures things out fast. Big and plain dark bay, like her pedigree would suggest. She looks like a baby brontosaurus!

7 down. 3 to go. 1 (Comica) sitting at 336 days, so #teamnosleep continues. Comica has a very small bag, but is a maiden so she makes her own rules.

15 Likes

baby bronto for sure! Thank you so much for the updates - I donā€™t know how you do it! Your mamas look so healthy and happy

@EventerAJ, youā€™re doing great! Every time I check in you have a new update for us. :slight_smile:

I hope Ultimate Class continues to improve for you.

2 Likes

Can I play?

My life is crazy right now so breeding has been on the back burner for a bit.

I found myself a nice, low key riding horse to fill an empty stall after I lost my retired broodmare earlier this year. New horse shipped to me a little over two weeks ago. Sheā€™s also an older, retired broodmare who was restarted under saddle and has been in training for several months.

Well, surprise. It looks like someone wasnā€™t quite ready for retirement. Come to find out sheā€™s day 352 after her last breeding they thought didnā€™t catch (or was exposed to something after that and is scary early). A little over a week ago she lost her tone around her tail. A few days ago she started bagging up. Her milk is still pretty thin and clear/yellow. She had some waxing-like droplets this afternoon, though, or maybe just some dried leakage. She was really quiet this afternoon but once I brought her in for dinner she was bright, ravenous, and mugging me for carrots.

Itā€™s been a whirlwind couple weeks I tell ya. Iā€™m not really set up for this at the moment. Quite frankly I was in denial until she bagged up and started expressing milk. Iā€™m going back and forth on sending her somewhere. Earlier today I thought there was a good chance she would foal tonight, but now Iā€™m not so sure.

18 Likes

E-GADS!! Iā€™d be a wreck! Good luck with the ā€œretiree.ā€ :smile: :crossed_fingers:

And prayers for all your girls yet to go, @EventerAJ!

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite a shocker. Who is the sire?

1 Like

She was bred to his guy (sheā€™s a standardbred, not my usual TB):

http://premieracresindiana.com/capt_midnight.asp

So probably him, unless this is a total oops that happened after her last breeding date.

1 Like

EXCUSE ME?? Jesse???

Omg!!! Keep us updated.

EDIT: Do you mean to say this little surprise is going to be extra linebred to the very special Artsplace???

Soā€¦ How about 3/27 for a birthdate?

1 Like

Heā€™s obviously in demand since his 2022 book is full. You may have quite the talented foal on your hands. :grin:

@Texarkana, thatā€™s excitingā€“at least for us. And hopefully for you too. I assume the ā€œretiredā€ mare is a Standardbred as well? You may need a new hobby. :slight_smile:

SB names are so funny- I really want to know how a horse ended up with the name ā€œThe Booger Lady.ā€ :smile:

1 Like

Haha, yes. While 3/27 would be awesome (and probably what will happen because itā€™s me), that would be day 369 from her last cover. Ooof. Unless this foal isnā€™t by that stallion after all.

@LaurieB Yes, she is standardbred. She was supposed to be my no drama riding horse. Hmmm.

@skydy Wouldnā€™t that be nice? I donā€™t know what will happen because this is a logistical mess. Right now I just hope we have a healthy mare and foal.

4 Likes