Unlimited access >

2022 Kentucky Three Day Event

Wowow. That was fun to watch. Such an angular horse.

2 Likes

Steady Eddie is being uncharacteristically unsteady.

4 Likes

Wow nice start!

1 Like

What a lovely test for SB and Corouet!

4 Likes

The British horses look insanely fit. Wow. I’m so impressed by all of them.

4 Likes

Lucinda looking rocker chic

2 Likes

omg talking about Colbert and Michael Barisone lol

2 Likes

Don’t tell CH or H-H!!!

2 Likes

Yes Buck!!!

1 Like

That was a lovely test from Buck!

3 Likes

Thrilled for Buck!

3 Likes

His dressage has come such a long way. So thrilled it’s really paying off!

2 Likes

Solid chance of rain tonight, moreso than tomorrow. We’ll see what happens!

Can anyone give me a quick summary of Steady Eddie & Mike Pendleton’s test? Mike grew up riding locally and I turned on the stream just in time for the rider after him :woman_facepalming:. Will try to find a replay when it is available, but I’m curious now. Thanks!

Who were the commentators today? Last year they had a lot of breeding info but I didn’t hear anything today, I always find that very interesting.

Yes, that throat latch was catching my eye but what really looked crazy to me was how super tight Will Faudree’s was on Pfun.

Another thing I noticed were that several riders chose to ride in a simple cavesson noseband without a drop. Kind of refreshing.

I think they were examining rider’s boots for hot wires / electric spurs. Hard to imagine these horses needing MORE go! haha

3 Likes

MJ’s test was terrific. I know I will get burned for this, but it was “straight dressage” worthy of that score. I do think these judges are being more “plain dressage” scoring which is why they are getting dinged as being harsh.

Tsetserleg’s test was beautiful, but the .5s got the score for MJ. Chipmunk was just the little wow more on so many movements and it adds up. I will say I don’t like the mouth on Chipmunk and think his flash is tight, but I have a horse with an active tongue (he licks to the right when he is thinking) and I know how hard that is to do anything about. My GP dressage trainer is basically like “well other than tie the tongue you just deal with the scores on a judge that hates that, and we’d never tie the tongue or crank the flash so there you are.”

I have never seen Buck do such a great test. Kudos to him and Carlevo. He got every half point that horse had in him. Masterful riding and that horse is ready to be great now.

I feel sorry for Pippa, she had a bad day on great horses.

I missed a few mid afternoon so I can’t comment on those.

10 Likes

Mike did a great job and Steady Eddie is a champ. My dressage trainer happened to be standing with me chatting during it…her comment was “there’s a TB who wants to be going XC!” He was a bit wired and Mike rode the horse he was on…luckily tomorrow he can head out on XC and that horse will be in his element.

I heard a fair bit about breeding, not on every horse, but a good many. Liz Halliday Sharp and …ack what’s his name…John Kyle.

1 Like

John Kyle was the main announcer. For “color” they had Valerie Pride for the first set, Liz Halliday-Sharp for the second set, and Lynn Symansky for the third.

5 Likes