2023 Maryland 5* at Fair Hill

Well deserved tears of joy from Mia Farley after her double clear with Phelps.

16 Likes

what happened with the brush fence to stop everyone?

I’m guessing there are a few swear words being muttered by that ground crew. Those branches do NOT want to cooperate!

3 Likes

looks like they eventually said “good enough”

Jacob and Fabian plowed right through it. Horse got a little wiggly on the way in, maybe thought about running out to the right. Jacob really sat down and was flapping and growling at him. Horse went but jumped it low and sort of chested into the brush.

5 Likes

They just announced that there was another horse fall, but I missed who. Noted that so far they looked fine.

Same horse and rider who had the trouble at the brush - Jacob Fletcher and Fabian.

Thanks. That’s too bad.

Certainly looked like a stop in forward motion at the rollercoaster for Caroline Powell
 would be surprised if that’s not a 20, but idk

Sounds like they removed the 20 according to the broadcast. I thought the slow mo looked like that right hind stepped back but :woman_shrugging:t2:

Nah. I’ve been doing farm work all afternoon. Lesson to be learned here. It shouldn’t take someone having to call me to negotiate how to view an event. Especially since I’m a retired technology executive.

You really need to go to the burghley folks and learn what they do. They have it all down.

17 Likes

Is this the same horse Woods has been trying to put a handle on for years?

When do you throw in the towel on a horse with talent but no handle? Or when do the officials say “based on the history, one jump that makes us cringe and we’re pulling you off”?

I wonder what happened to Arielle. The timer had them 3 min over before her issue. Pulled up for a tired horse?

1 Like

No it’s a different horse.

1 Like

It’s an awfully long hold to pull up a tired horse đŸ«Ł

2 Likes

No

1 Like

It seemed I could see a large group of people gather in a galloping lane.

There was a quick shot with a few people sprinting towards them.

Dang, well that sucks extra for him to have two that way. Could it be a riding style thing?

What are you talking about? Woods isn’t showing in the 5*?

1 Like