2023 Maryland 5* at Fair Hill

I was just told by someone here that Dutch Times was retired on course, and Arielle elected not to walk him home and so they’re possibly waiting on a horse ambulance.

3 Likes

I’m catching up from earlier, sorry.

Gotta love WFP. He’s like the Bill Belichick of eventing. There’s option 1 or 2. William says “nope option 3 works just fine” at the water.

5 Likes

Might be a strong opinion, but the announcers praising Oliver’s mare for continuing on after he sent her straight off the drop irritates me. That was a bold rider decision and could have gone a very different way. Honestly, I’m personally tired of the risks Oliver puts his horses in.

26 Likes

OMG, CMH TV has done it again. In the middle of Oliver Townend’s ride “this video can’t be viewed in your area”. I AM IN NORTH AMERICA!!! I hate CMH TV.

17 Likes

just close and reopen it. It times out

1 Like

Same!

Yeh I got that too :rage:

I think the point is that we’re not suddenly leaving North America so it shouldn’t be randomly kicking us off the livestream saying that. :joy:

12 Likes

Lives scores showing Ollie finishing with a bit of time, Zach retiring and Boyd with a fall

Boyd had a stumble and is off. Gutted bc that was such an amazing dressage round.

7 Likes

John Kyle is a great commentator but not always the most objective….

3 Likes

As much as I agree with the sentiments about CMH, I am grateful to be able to watch live with only a USEF fan membership.

8 Likes

I think Townend’s mare would be sore after that scramble at the bottom of the drop. That was hard to watch. Such a lovely mare.

WFP is such a cool guy.

6 Likes

John Kyle is a great commentator but not always the most objective….

That is actually Spencer Sturmey, an event rider from the UK who also does livestream commentary. He and Sinead have made a great team, and it was interesting to have Alice Plunkett, who is married to WFP in while Sinead was on break.

15 Likes

I am grateful as well. And thank you @paulkosuth for USEF making this happen and for you popping in for support.

12 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Spencer was the one who made that comment. I still find John Kyle’s man crush on Oliver a bit overplayed.

1 Like

What an incredible feeling it must be to end up the only double clear at your first 5*!

15 Likes

I hope to see him on the podium.

4 Likes

Mia Farley rode so beautifully and that horse is lovely to watch gallop.

Ollie’s ride was quite lovely. What a horse. I don’t think you can blame that slip on Ollie. I am not a fan, but he rode really well.

Always gorgeous riding from WFP.

8 Likes