2024 Olympics - Eventing

Dressage ride times are live! https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/results/equestrian/eventing/drss000100--?fbclid=IwY2xjawEQfn9leHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHe1uf8MBaO4DxrZeergdqBABvTJmhI56WIP7S-HHewN6iUViFi_0kDDHNg_aem_prTGHk4gukqWAX5TcITIJQ

5 Likes

ah thanks! I was just going to go in search of this info. Looking at how the countries are listed, it looked like we would be way down to order. but now it looks like we will be early on. I guess I WILL get up for the beginning. I will certainly want to see Julie go.

I’m debating if I want to get up a 4:30 am on Sunday to watch XC. Normally I try to let myself sleep in on weekends, but it’s XC!!!

2 Likes

I wonder if Off the Record didn’t ship well?

1 Like

How is everyone watching? For Tokoyo I think I watched the replays on Peacock but I’m not certain they will re-air the whole thing this time. I don’t want to get up at 3:30am but honestly I would lol

Both horses are fine, Timmy couldn’t be switched back in after declaring Dab (stupid rule IMHO).

The abscess is resolved already and he is sound, but the timing was just the absolute worst. So gutted for Will and his team, it’s just heartbreaking.

13 Likes

I had initally looked at the posting that looked like we were way down the list, 17th or so, so I thought I might sleep in for the dressage. Who wants to get up at 2:30 am to watch prancing ponies? I mean, come on eventing dressage? But then, when the ride times were posted, I saw that we were way up the list, and I will want see Julie go anyway. I certainly want to see all the Americans go. I know Liz can get a good dressage score, and she should be able to get a clean xc as well. For cross country, I will be getting up but I think that is 3:30 am, so an extra hour will be greatly appreciated…

I haven’t looked closely at the repeat times, but since the equestrian will be streamed, there is NO reason you can’t watch it later.

1 Like

https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(C)A_EQUOEVENTEAM----------DRSS000100--.pdf

I wonder if there is an option for Will to at least keep them over there for one of the Nations Cups or Burghley or something.

7 Likes

I would think so. The same for Connor. Flying two horses over, surely there are European plans for the summer.

2 Likes

what the heck WHY. That’s sooo stupid and disappointing omg

Even more sad that he’s sound now. I can’t believe that :sob:

1 Like

Boyd said he was aiming Commando at Burghley so it’s likely they will have stay!

2 Likes

Hell of a Nations Cup team if they have Boyd, Sydney, and one of Will’s mounts to put on the roster…

5 Likes

to my way of thinking, Burghley is the biggest course in the world. I hope he isn’t going there. (but I have turned into a chicken.) Boyd seems to know what he is doing without my advice. But the timeline is closer than say Pau.

this is another walk thru the xc. It does have some angle shots so you can see them better, like that weird ditch for example.
https://eventingnation.com/a-test-for-every-end-goal-walk-the-paris-2024-cross-country-course/

3 Likes

Can we talk for a moment about Ronald Zabala Goetschel riding 21 year old Wundermaske? I thought at first that had to be a clone, I can’t believe that horse is still going!

ETA here’s a COTH article about him

Also, Jessica Phoenix has to ride dressage after Michael Jung and Chris Burton. That might be a tough slot…

19 Likes

I know! And I am on the west coast which basically means pulling all nighters if I want to watch the action live. I am getting kind of old for that kind of thing, but there is nothing like watching live.

2 Likes

Luckily there is a break haha.

At least Jessie isn’t affected by pressure, she’ll be out there grinning ear to ear.

3 Likes

21 is the new 17!!

3 Likes