Unlimited access >

AQHA HUS stallion suggestions

Haha I may never know

Probably not, I won’t put it in writing. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t blame you. You never know who is lurking on here that can make your life miserable.

1 Like

You got that right! And horse people don’t tend to lean toward being sane :rofl:

1 Like

Unfortunately that is sad but true.

You’ll have to research every listed full QH tallion except the one she chose :wink:

How many characters in his name, including spaces?? Come on y’all :wink:

1 Like

Good luck with that baby!

Also, I had to do a double take on your initial post - I could have sworn you posted a picture of an OTTB mare that I used to lease! A spitting image!

LOL. I doubt that you leased this mare but you never know, she bounced around a lot from what I found out in the 18 months between when she retired from racing and when she ended up with me. She is a quirky mare but manageable if you don’t feed into her. Once she figures out that you aren’t upset by her antics she gives up. She is very smart but also sensitive. I really hope that this pairing tones her down some. I adore her but she really isn’t an ammy ride at all. Retired sound after 60 races and that alone made her a candidate to have at least 1 foal in my book…

Ha oh it’s definitely not her. She’s 25 now and living her best life as a pasture ornament, but your mare would have been a dead ringer for her 10-15 years ago.

1 Like

I think you are right on with TNT to tone down your mare. One of his foals is in training now with Jessica Simpson, may show up at a show soon.

I ended up buying a filly by The Next Detail. His get seem to be very, very nice movers and are good hunters. However, my mare is also brave and really smart, so maybe TND is not a tone-down-mare type of sire.

I’m hoping. I adore this mare but she is a bit much. Super talented and smart but all over the place as she is very emotional and sensitive. She is definitely not ammy friendly. I’ve heard great things about TNT’s foals about them being pretty easy and ammy friendly. I also love all the babies I’ve seen’ movement. I guess I will figure out what I’m getting next spring. There will be extra bonus points if it is a gray filly.

What’s the chance you’ll PM it? I want to know what to look away from when I’m looking at stallions. And not being able to travel and see them in person, it’s hard to find honest sources.

1 Like

I realize I’m late chiming in here, but I’m currently riding two greenies by a couple of well known hunter under saddle stallions. Both are 4 this year and stand over 16 hands.

One is a really fancy filly by Peace Out Man, who is both AQHA and APHA. She is a big, pretty mover (probably too much so for her owner, but that’s a different thread topic, LOL!). I think she’d pin in HUS at USEF shows. She’s the kind of horse you have to actively ride or she can be a little looky, yet she’s shown indoors a few times and kept her cool. She is a deep red with four high white stockings and a big blaze; no body spots.

The other is a gelding by Coats n Tails (AQHA). He is solid chestnut, not the fanciest thing to look at, but is leggy with a pretty face and a long, pretty neck. He’s quite TB in type. He’s got a big step, especially at the canter, and he’s built uphill and feels nicely balanced under saddle. He’s absolutely a big ol’ doofus, very sweet and just desperately wants someone to love him.

I have a “There’s No Telling” and she is absolutely stunning, wicked smart, but very hot. I’m assuming that came from the dam. She finished out at 17.1 and big bodied.

I also have a DGS Indygo son. He’s a hair under 18-hands, a “10” mover, but cannot jump.

I have a Pass The Asset son at 16.3 and a phenomenal over fences horse.

I have a mare in foal to Easy On The Eyez due in March. Cannot wait.

I’m breeding my There’s No Telling mare to One And Only Asset APHA. I am most excited about that cross.

It’s good to hear about someone who has a TNT baby. My mare can be hot and I’m okay with that but am hoping that TNT will level her out some but that might not be the case . My mare is only 16.1hh and this is her first foal so I’m not looking for much more height but I’m hoping for an over fences horse. I only have around 90 more days to wait. I would like to see your foal out of your TNT mare.

1 Like

Just wanted to come back and give everyone an update. Delia had a rather large gray filly on Tuesday morning. Both mare and foal are doing great! I am really happy with this cross. It seems that daddy gave the baby some of his bone which was the biggest thing that I was trying to improve on my mare besides temperament. It’s a little too soon to make the call on that yet. I’m going to try to get some nice conformation shots this weekend once she is fully unfolded but here are some cute day 1 shots. I have neve seen a foal so clearly express the gray gene as a newborn as this filly does.

9 Likes

Congratulations on a healthy , beautifully filly! Here is hoping she is the best of both of them!!

2 Likes

My The Next Detail filly is a great mover, soft to ride, very smart, very brave longeing over fences. Will finish at 16-1. Not an amateur packer, as rider needs to be as smart as she is, which is not easy. She has opened every gate latch on the property.

2 Likes

I just landed on this thread. Currently trying to breed my mare to Replicated for a dressage foal. My mare is 1/2 TB 1/2 APHA and was USDF APHA HOTY. Anyone know what he adds to his foals? https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/sheila+muse. This is her pedigree.

You might want to participate in the Audrey Grace Stallion service auction. (Used to be on the Pleasure Horse Forum). They have a list of very nice HS studs each year and they are available at reduced bid.

1 Like

I was just wondering how your filly was doing? Definitely curious what her personality turned out to be!

1 Like