Barisone assessment

Please don’t do it again. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Who cares what he testified to. All evidence points to the fact they were believed to be lying on the stand. A liar can say anything, it doesn’t make the statements true or believable. And swearing to tell the truth doesn’t usually mean anything to a liar either.

19 Likes

And their testimony differed from one sworn testimony to another on different dates.

13 Likes

Especially when it contradicts the police statement given, and, well, a bunch of written versions out in the ether that prove the liar is lying in at least one version.

15 Likes

In some cases, before and after the morning recess.

14 Likes

Indeed.

6 Likes

When you can’t remember your script, er, testimony, just blurt out something about the shooter shooting at us.

12 Likes

He has no criminal liability.

There are civil restrictions because of public safety issues due to committing a violent act and being known as a danger to himself and others. He may eventually be released to various amounts of supervised care or even unsupervised care should he be recognized as no longer being a danger to himself or others. He will probably never be allowed to own a firearm of any sort.

However, it is also the verdict that provides protection for his victim until he is deemed no longer a threat and allows him to rebuild his life with no criminal penalties.

I believe it was a good verdict and a fair one. I hope he gets the right care and can work his way back to working in the horse industry in whatever capacity he feels most productive.

I hope LK continues riding and enjoying her horses. I hope they settle and there is not a civil trial. If there is, I hope it is not televised.

1 Like

17 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

RG may well be the man of the hour, hero of the day. He kept himself safe, he kept his gf from additional injury and death, he showed appropriate restraint when subduing a shooter. He may have kept MHG and her dad safe along with others.

1 Like

It is my understanding that Marines are trained in first aid in bootcamp and later on as well in treating gunshot wounds. While he couldn’t subdue someone and offer first aid I would think he would recognize a serious GS wound.
I suppose with a tense situation going on he could have told her to put the dog away but I would think that would endanger her more by moving.

4 Likes

Look, if you want to die on a hill defending these type of people, sobeit. Just keep in mind a lot of this is your opinion or view and not proven fact.

20 Likes

You’ve been reading your own comments likely. I just paid attention to how she likes to quote and started googling. It was simple.

1 Like

2 Likes

Holy stretch Armstrong Batman.

These people can do or say nothing wrong in your eyes, eh?

21 Likes

Also mean.

8 Likes

Just pointing out there are different ways to look at some of this.

3 Likes

Which I can respect, it’s just sometimes you state it as if it were fact. Or incorrectly relay what was said at the trial. I can’t tell if you’re being willfully obtuse at times or just genuinely misunderstanding details. I get wanting to offer different view points, but some are quite unrealistic or easily contradicted. I also cannot believe how much “faith” you have in people like LK & Co. Maybe I’ve seen too much sh*t in my life, Idk.

13 Likes

Yeah. Not an inspiring court appearance. I kept wanting to give him an old fashioned motivational speech about his demeanor (which I’ve now learned from SafeSport that old fashioned motivational speeches are no longer acceptable).

1 Like