Unlimited access >

Barisone assessment

QFP

I agree. And as much as CH has harped about MB buying LK out, I also believe LK was aiming for a cash for keys situation.

13 Likes

So the July 10th searches for MHG’s children were intended to harass her and her children? That sounds like it should be carefully considered by SS.

25 Likes

In the form of a law suit settlement is seems like since she was talking about subpoenas and perjury before the shooting.

Hmm…funny, CH is also the one that has consistently asserted LK is going after SGF’s insurance for a payout too….

11 Likes

I would like to see the New Jersey law about “evicting horses from a BARN.”

23 Likes

Saying dumb things vs being shot twice. Not quite getting the point here.

Had she said that with him laying in the hospital instead of her with her exact injuries instead of his, yes, chilling.

As it stands, she is like Rosie without teeth yap yap yap and he put her in the hospital with two rounds to the chest.

1 Like

[quote=“ohnoO, post:3512, topic:773116”]

Wasn’t the finger gesture after RG had words with the farrier?

7 Likes

Yup. MB could have tied the horses to a telephone pole (theoretically speaking). The horses did not have rights. But again, I think he was being a good guy and had the horses’ best interest at heart.

13 Likes

Oh…yeah…where have I seen this basic argument before?

That’s right, the step kid that had a plot to destroy his parents because they wouldn’t give him what he wanted. His plan backfired too.

9 Likes

That would be a huge liability not to mention huge backlash from the community.

1 Like

That can go both ways. His comments starting July 13 could be looked upon most the same. “Make her so miserable she will want to leave. I’m really good at it.” Saying he was going to make sure she couldn’t compete?

Sounds like a tit for tat that went out of control.

Even if he took them to an auction etc

1 Like

Who started the escalation though? It looks like he did on July 13?

damn him for wanting a nuisance boarder gone!
How dare he asking her to leave!

what on earth are you talking about?! He holds the lease on the property, he is the business that occupies the space.
what did he escalate?!
Oh, hey, you are not a good fit here, best you move on.
well, since then her escalation to infinity and beyond has been exposed. I am not sure the Maestro would take her on as client…

27 Likes

One that the evidence shows she started. She started looking up CPS first. She was the first to have moved. The timeline starts on the 10th, with her actions, that were by their nature the ultimate threat to a parent - their kids.

17 Likes

This has no context or significance for the events of the summer of 2019.

Yep. Specifically, it says:

“ I will just make it so miserable to be here that they will beg to go elsewhere watch me. This I am very very good at.”

Again, context being important, on July 12 (day before that test) LK posted a seemingly derogatory post about MHB on Facebook, one that even LK said, in court, could be perceived as threatening.

Yep.

Mr Schellhorn: I’m going to direct your attention to s 171 line 93-38. Is that a text message from Michael Barisone you on July 30th 2019?

MHG : it looks like me to Michael

Mr S: uh 93-38, I’m sorry the wrong one was highlighted…it’s line 93 38 38 can you read that uh text message that the defendant sent you on July 30th.

MHG: yes um I need every single person who has ever been screwed by Lauren, Rob, and the dad. Farriers, vets, trainers, every single one. I’m going to get her a lifetime ban as a competitor.

Mr S: and are the words every single person entirely in capitals?

MHG: yes.

Mr S: did he then go on online 93 42 approximately three text messages later to repeat every single person all in capitals?

MHG: Yes.

Again, context

July 25 - LK and RG buy recorders. In the next few days, MB’s private conversations show up on social media.
July 25 - long FB post about MHG, also, by LK’s admission in court, could be perceived as threatening
July 30 - LK posts about multiple personalities, and weapons hot, etc on FB. I don’t know, are threatening FB posts a reason to contact USEF and SS? (I’m seriously asking. I don’t know a thing about reporting to those organizations)

Singing his praises where? Because she was trashing the heck out MHG the day before on FB, per trial testimony. Additionally, the “broke” text doesn’t come until Aug 3rd, which, well, I already addressed everything leading up to that. Who broke whom, is my question.

That’s not really how the testimony went.

is that a text message from michael barissone to you

2:37:02

Mr S : …text in November of 2018 that says how do you think I keep all this going 40k a month? I can’t go to sleep I have to be aware every day.

MHG: That is correct.

Mr S: and then down approximately six or seven more lines on line 54.05 did he send you a text message on that same day indicating the per month expenses at the farm?

MHG: yes he did.

Mr S: and did he indicate the lease for the New Jersey farm was six thousand dollars a month, mortgage Florida three thousand, feed five thousand dollars, shavings three thousand dollars, farrier three thousand dollars, property taxes three thousand dollars, workers eight thousand dollars, insurance three thousand dollars, utilities two thousand dollars etc etc etc

MHG: yes sir

Where does that say he has a cash flow problem? He says he always has to be aware. Who wouldn’t when you’re talking those kind of dollars?

Mr S: the other text message that I wanted to direct your attention to was online 7270, are you aware of approximately when Michael Barisone’s divorce with Vera Kessels (sp?) became final?

MHG: I am pretty sure it was December of 2018.

Mr S: okay and so this is a text message from march 19 2019 is that correct from Michael Barisone?

MHG: yes

Mr S: and did he say I got clipped 965k hard to feel good?

Mr S: and was it your understanding or does that refresh your memory that he had paid approximately that amount of money as a result of the divorce?

I mean, would ANYONE feel good about writing a check (or, more likely, multiple checks over several years) for $965K? Still doesn’t indicate a cash flow problem to me.

22 Likes

Did she have that in writing? Did she agree to be on time, every time to ride as scheduled? Did she repeatedly waste his time to the point he relegated her to someone else? No instructor appreciates being made to stand around waiting for someone to come ride. In high caliber barns such as Hawthorne Hill, I suspect they have a routine that once the horse is tacked up if the rider doesn’t show up, a trainer must ride unless an agreement has been made that working students can assume that work. If she was frequently a no show, I imagine all the trainers became fed up.

She has stated before the only times she didn’t show up was when she’d been bitten by a brown recluse spider. To my knowledge this excuse has been used at least twice, so she must be pretty attractive to the shy recluse spiders!

15 Likes

It was during the discussion with the farrier, although RG tried to deny it, while spinning and turning red, in court.

9 Likes

How?

1 Like

My addition in bold.

7 Likes