Barisone assessment

Grammar police! Pull over!

“Criterion” is singular, “criteria” is plural.

Lauren in her post screen shotted above references “criterion and nuances.” This is incorrect. Both need to be plural, that is: “criteria and nuances” or both need to be singular: "criterion and nuance. If you in fact are explaining a single criterion and multiple nuances, those descriptors should be in separate clauses.

If you have a single criterion by which you judge credibility, this sentence should read “…who fits this criterion…” if you have multiple criteria, the sentence should read “who fits these criteria.”

How interesting that both LK and CH misuse the word in exactly the same way.

28 Likes

That’s not at all what I was doing. My post was about you refusing to accept an answer given to you dozens of times. Your harping on something that matters not at all is serving no purpose. You seem to think it’s relevant when it means nothing whatsoever.

12 Likes

Being an insider, on its own, doesn’t establish credibility to me.

Surely everyone gets to decide for themselves who they chose to view as credible.

IM was wrong a bunch of times so I tend to be selective as to what I repeat of his.

15 Likes

Even though he claimed he knew EVERYTHING!!!1!1! :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

And they ignore the proof that has been posted where IM has not been correct, or has changed their post or…

5 Likes

I have never liked the grammar police as much as I do now.

17 Likes

Good eye!! Imagine if you had made such a grammatical error!

8 Likes

Re bolded. I read this as MHG texting to MB asking why they can’t just tell LK to leave (start the eviction process by issuing a demand to vacate) and acknowledging that no one has said the “must leave”. She’s pointing out to MB that no one has asked them to leave as of Aug 3!

What did the notice sent by Tarshis by email
say? We are demanding that you vacate by Sept 5?

Or we request you vacate by Aug 7?

If you don’t find him credible, that’s your call.

1 Like

Side comment -
I’m amazed at the about of text messages between people who are literally near each other. Was Hawthorne Hill so big people had to rely on text messages to communicate?

3 Likes

Yes, was it the shortest flounce in history? :thinking:

9 Likes

If the only evidence LK is going to have for the civil trial is semantics games about whether she needs a filed eviction before she understands she’s been asked to leave then I would suggest that her case is hopelessly sunk before it ever began.

18 Likes

I think text messages are a way to communicate when you have a thought about something but do not want to take the time to find that person, or to interrupt that person while they doing something else. You send the thought as a text message.

5 Likes

The poor horse is dead. Let it go.

8 Likes

My gut told me it was part 1 of a 10 part flounce.

8 Likes

When you have nothing, you go with that nothing…over and over and over again.

12 Likes

You are mistaken as JK was well into negotiations and a place had already been tentatively lined up before LK put the Kakashi on that.

14 Likes

I know the correct term is criteria for plural, and often (gasp), edit my posts when I see grammatical errors. But no point in editing now! Mea culpa.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I imagine LK would also desperately cling to the same semantics CH clings to. The same level of disillusion is palpable.

15 Likes