Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

Be great to hear from IM or @seeker on that one, too.
I also noticed no conversation around anyone’s addictions or whether Lauren showed up for lessons. And no comparison of the 5k to what market price might be.

12 Likes

Thank you for the correction!

Michael Barisone is the greater human being in this story. Full stop.

28 Likes

So 48 Hrs neglected the part of MB being concerned upon learning of their extensive past criminal records in multiple states, felony conviction, heroine and suboxone use. As well as LKs exclusion from daddy’s home.

27 Likes

What a class act MB, I only want everyone involved in this to realize their dreams. (Not an exact quote)

18 Likes

Nothing about LKs continuing behavior on social media or MBs counter suit.

8 Likes

Wow, I have lost a ton of respect for this show. Not because I think it is unbalanced… but because it barely scratched the surface and was so slow to get going… and was frankly confusing. Lots of missed opportunities. Aside from learning that Lala’s SS filing was more nefarious than she claimed, I don’t know that I learned anything else.

ETA: LOL, frankly, not cranky.

20 Likes

RIght? And they wonder why cable television is on its way out. Not writing for the level or reporting, they are writing for advertising space. Really one of the worst productions.

2 Likes

I wonder now what the general public thinks.

5 Likes

No hard hitting questions about her heroin use. Nothing. Just nice interviews. The end.

10 Likes

I suffered through that 911 call and the ballistic dog to figure it out.
Heymer does arrive and does curse, but the Stop moving comments come before a threat to break his arm, and that’s before Heymer arrives with a statement Heymer testified was identifying his arrival on scene. (Which I can’t recall, “where’s the shooter?” Maybe?)
I think Heymer says “ill fing kill you”

2 Likes

Well, I bet she refused to answer any of those questions. Can’t have princess poopsie looking bad in front of the cameras, no, no, no.

10 Likes

I know they have limited time but I had hoped they would include MB getting turned away at the police station and mention that GSR test not done.

14 Likes

:heart: I take full responsibility!

9 Likes

I don’t recall them being on the original 9-1-1 call.

Agreed. Big nothing burger other than hearing directly from MB that she was asked to leave many many many many times, and the SS report checked off as YES for sexual abuse of a minor. WTF. That was right on the heels of the GM permanent suspension too. I can imagine what that did to someone with PTSD.

14 Likes

I refuse to bow down to you!

5 Likes

So many details left out but I thought it was well done for only 40 minutes or so. Yes, Michael and the people behind him are a class act. You can tell who the villain is.

22 Likes

ICU for three weeks. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Obviously the episode barely scratched the surface of this whole train wreck, but one of the little things that struck me was how for someone who claims to be an up-and-coming dressage superstar, LK does not seem very at ease and natural around horses. You could make a case that she was nervous because of the cameras and behaving differently from usual, but she didn’t come across as someone that eats, sleeps, and breathes horses like she claims.

21 Likes

But then she won’t know that you don’t mean her any harm!

9 Likes