Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

CBS had footage of Lauren riding, obtained from the competition videographer. It wasn’t anything that really “sells” the image of a “horse lover”, as it’s just footage of her puttering around and nothing remarkable.

10 Likes

:dart:

21 Likes

How did 48 Hours get a copy of the SS or the CPS report?

7 Likes

My guess the RG work exchange was a forbidden topic as he was unlicensed but the civil case coverage will bare all.

That civil case will be way worse than this.

20 Likes

No, you make an excellent point, distinguishing between the two.

2 Likes

Eh…wiggles hand

Remember he had employees, other clients, their horses and all of his property to worry about and keep safe. His leaving, even overnight, would have made it EASYfor things to “disappear”, horses to get fed banned substances, equipment getting sold, etc.

Harding going off the rails made me upset and sad because, as I noted, I really wanted someone from the wrong side of the economic tracks to pull an upset - CLEANLY. She torched her career and legacy.

6 Likes

I thought LK’s allegation to SS of child abuse by MB was a real eye-opener. That tidbit confirmed what many of us have suspected for quite a while and it was nice to see the proof right there on national TV. She absolutely knew that SS would contact NJ CPS to investigate, and it was just another step in her plan to destroy MB. And she obviously was not worried about any possible repercussions because she had never had to worry about them before (thanks to Daddy Dearest). But she “kicked the sleeping beast” too many times (to turn her own phrase around on her) and nearly paid for it with her life.

Sadly, neither she nor her father have learned a darned thing from all this and are continuing to try to “finish the bastard.”

Is narcissistic bullying a genetic trait? Or is it learned?

29 Likes

FOIA request?

4 Likes

FOIA? Maybe?

2 Likes

I think Impractical Horsewomen meant LK and RG leave

8 Likes

Thank you - I was trying to split that bleached blonde hair cleanly!

3 Likes

Did she know that MB was a victim himself, of abuse? Weaponizing that allegation, especially if she knew he had been a victim as a child… Is a whole other level to me.

8 Likes

In my state anything that involves child abuse doesn’t fall under FOIA. - incident reporting, investigations, etc.

2 Likes

Transcript of 48 Hours

5 Likes

Because doubters convinced her she didn’t belong there, perhaps.
Which is sad.
She needed a coach like MB.

2 Likes

Maybe his notes from law school? One would think he would have refreshed his memory enough regarding legal procedures to have drafted better filings… :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Apparently Michael freely discussed his childhood and feelings about his mother, so yes, I suspect she knew. As a predator, she is always alert to her victims’ weaknesses. With Joey, she extorted the devastating loss of her son for example.

25 Likes

Holy Moly. The comments on Facebook in response to the 48 Hours episode…

EVERYONE thinks Lollypop is a narcissist. Literally everyone.

Also… LO has posted another update on the GFM account. She says that 48 Hours had to hold back and not comment on many things, or risk being sued. Classic JK… threaten to sue anyone in sight.

Oh well. The Kanarek’s latest attempt to control a narrative and rehabilitate their daughter’s image seem to have failed. People overwhelmingly seem to see her as “a spoiled brat” and “narcissistic psychopath.” A few folks commenting on FB said they thought Michael MIGHT have been exaggerating some of his behavior in court, but they weren’t worried about it, because they thought the jury did the right thing and are glad he was found not guilty.

I really hope the GFM gets some more traction in the wake of this episode.

29 Likes

Why stay someplace where you’re at war, cold or hot? How CAN you be at war at a training facility? If you’re happy you stay, if not you go.

It’s weird JK doesn’t seem to realize this. MB didn’t owe LK anything.

13 Likes

I did not feel that it was slanted in ‘her’ favor. Although I have followed this case from day one - and know all that transpired and have friends who know Michael - it still made me emotional to see what that man had to endure. From all accounts , ‘she’ is a sociopath.

33 Likes