Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

If he recognizes people have breaking points, why did he allow, facilitate, maybe encourage his daughter pushing MB (and the rest of the people on the farm*) towards that point?

*they had no idea if someone around MB might take matters into their own hands.

@Inigo-montoya

12 Likes

Because they have a history of bullying people into doing what they want so to them a breaking point is where the person gives in to their demands.

19 Likes

What? The 3D chess player didnā€™t for a moment imagine this outcome? Never imagined her plot wouldnā€™t work? Didnā€™t anticipate this possibility?

18 Likes

And now that someone snapped, they still havenā€™t learned.
Its crazy.

10 Likes

A lawyer - an officer of the court - calls THE JURY INSANE while MB states his plan to put his world back together. To persevere.

Gee I wonder why the public is overwhelmingly pro MB?!

19 Likes

Hold the phone here, I thought the Kanarekā€™s were celebrating and drinking champagne or something after the verdict, not feeling ā€œshocked and dismayed.ā€

37 Likes

You know that clip is going to be featured in the civil trial. Why he ever said anything about a trial his client was involved in that ended poorly for her is mystifying.

11 Likes

That certainly shows that they are two different types of people, arenā€™t they?

19 Likes

I am just going to leave this right here regarding one of the characters in this whole saga.

There is a certain - uh, affliction - that results in fluid retention and bloating and a tendency to fly off the handle every so often (i.e., go into ā€œragesā€ of various sorts).

Make of that what you will. :wink:

3 Likes

Man, Nagel, heā€™s something else.

7 Likes

But he has not done it only once, he has now done it twice!

He seems to have a slim grasp on honesty too, so I guess I would expect nothing else from him.

10 Likes

Guess it was a lie? Are you surprised?

13 Likes

Iā€™m betting it was his office. I certainly hope he didnā€™t invite anyone connected to this case to his home.

5 Likes

No, not surprised.

IM has always been full of it (heā€™s the one who said it).

11 Likes

Didnā€™t Jonathan Kanarek post here about their champagne drinking and party? I wonder if that is still here.

12 Likes

Not to some, some people here insist that Jonathan Kanarek is the one telling the truth. Sigh.

5 Likes

I think he kept coming across in his delivery like he was inspiration for the Tony Soprano character. I also found it interesting that he was the one controlling the narrative for his side (other than their trial lawyer, but at least the lawyer didnā€™t blatantly lie when asked questions about evidence that didnā€™t exist).

13 Likes

Yup. After the NGRI verdict, when people were criticizing Nagel for his comments about the jury during a CourtTV interview, ā€œInigo-Montoyaā€ popped on the forums to say that the attorney was headed over to the Kanareks house to have champagne with them, because somehow the NGRI verdict meant that the lawsuit would be a slam dunk for them.

It was ridiculous.

21 Likes

Some questionable (read: FAKE) user accounts are now showing up on the FB commentary this late morning, trying to nudge the needle back towards Lauren, by discrediting Michael and disregarding her actions. Keep an eye on the latest comments by using the Newest sorting.

17 Likes

What? Someone from the Kanarek family is lying? No? It could not be.

9 Likes