Barisone Case on 48 Hours, 10:00 PM Eastern, Saturday, 9/17

I know you already know the answer to this!!

5 Likes

Or weā€™ll find out that ā€œIā€™m going to kill her/him, the kids, the dog/cat, that stud colt, the barn rats, etc!ā€ really means Iā€™m going to get someone else to give someone a gun so he can kill the person/animal I want dead.

4 Likes

Was out doing barn chores and listening to the Flying Burrito Brothers. This refrain sounds close to the mark:

ā€œSheā€™s no angel, no angel her wings are not real
Sheā€™ll ruin your life itā€™s your heart she can steal
Sheā€™ll tell you tales to bring tears to your eyes
But donā€™t you believe them for theyā€™re only lies.ā€

12 Likes

My take away, thisā€¦

ā€¦ and Iā€™m just floored at the grace of MB, as well as those around him. No animosity, no vitriol. Wishing people well. Doing kind works in jail for others less fortunate. Comporting himself as the leader and mentor he is in the AK community.

31 Likes

And the fact that 48 Hours chose not to use any of those recordings, that says so much, at least to me.

20 Likes

Do you really want to start a discussion on weaponizing SS? Be very careful.

25 Likes

Iā€™d LOVE to have that conversation!!

6 Likes

And you are absolutely correct (at least as far as we know). This was actually a lengthy discussion yesterday with many hard questions asked, particularly with 48 Hours all but confirming Lauren Kanarek had weaponized SS with a false report, taking time and resources from other cases. Not a good look.

It is also known that equestrians who saw 48 Hours and saw the SS complaint, immediately began asking questions of decision makers yesterday. Eventually USEF/SS will need to explain to members why they have done nothing for many years while complaints continue to come in regarding this woman. Hiding behind the ā€œvictimā€ label works only so long when so many other real victims are piling up because of this predator.

This is all I have to say about this today.

Michael Barisone was revised to interim suspension immediately after the verdict. Facts matter.

31 Likes

Complaints about LK from several members about the MB issue, or about other issues?

1 Like

MHG was talking about reporting to USEF, not SS. So MHG was not trying to weaponize SS. :roll_eyes: LK on the other hand was throwing anything she could think of at a wall to see if it would stickā€¦

16 Likes

Complaints were submitted to USEF/SS regarding Lauren long before she targeted Michael and Mary Haskins Gray.

20 Likes

Exactly! MHG/MB submitted their own proof with their complaint.

8 Likes

I disagree that 48 hours reported that LK had weaponized SS with a false report. I know thatā€™s your narrative.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. Would these complaints be about actions towards the horses or other people if you care to share?

Of course you do. No one expects anything different from you. It was 48 Hours that showed the report with the ā€œyesā€ box checked. It didnā€™t take a giant leap for viewers to draw their own conclusions. But you continue being predictable, mkay?

19 Likes

I am not privy to the details of othersā€™ complaints.

5 Likes

Watch! Iā€™ll bet that when he is released and has stabilized his life again, he will become an advocate for prison reform/improvement.

15 Likes

I think StƩLouse (Stay Loose) has a particularly apt song for this thread.

1 Like

Yes, I am aware of the box checked. The question was whether the reporter had allegations or concerns about child abuse or child sexual abuse.

The testimony at the trial was that CPS came out to investigate child neglect by MHG, not child sexual abuse by MB. If SS decides LK filed a ā€œfalse reportā€ or attempted to weaponize the agency, itā€™s their job to sanction her. After 3 years they have not sanctioned her.

Tragically, MB jumped to the wrong conclusion and assumed the worst. At the same time, he rather made LKā€™s point that everyone on that farm was in danger, including any minors.

2 Likes

Did he REALLY jump to the wrong conclusion? CPS was on property investigating MHG children regarding abuse. He KNOWS he (nor MHG nor anyone else) was abusing the children. Therefore he knew it was a false report and part of the war against him. To destroy him. To FTB.

Prosecutor stated there was no evidence of child abuse. Full stop

27 Likes