Unlimited access >

Barisone Criminal Case Update

I’ve met MB exactly three times - in Raleigh, NC at various CDIs. He was always gregarious, loud, boisterous and seemed respected by his peers. I’m certainly not an MB groupie anymore than I’m a Robert Dover, Lars Petersen, or George Williams groupie.

I’ve always thought this horrible situation could have been avoided if not for stubbornness and desire to control…the stay and fight mentality. Such a shame.

13 Likes

What are you afraid of now?
Did he ever threaten you or your horse with physical violence,
Was your horse ever abused?

Was he ever verbally abusive?

Did he ever threaten you with violence or other forms of retaliation if you left?

If yes, why didn’t you go to the authorities?

We all have our own ideas about what constitutes abuse.

I am very sorry your experience was that bad, but so far you had not posted anything that meets a legal standard of criminal behavior.

Nor do you have to. This is not a court and I am not making any demands.

However, I do question your posting about someone in such nebulous terms .

Again, never met the man . Never had lessons or knew anybody in real life who has.

11 Likes

@CanteringCarrot

I agree 100% with every word you said.

4 Likes

Based on nothing as I never said that! My comment was the cliff notes version on what happened. She goes on Facebook telling what is happening and what a bad guy he is, she gets shot, she gets trashed online. I guess I should have put in everything that went on in between. But I never said “she got shot because she spoke out against him.”
He has referred to things she said on Facebook on his 911 calls and his lawyer has also in the suits he has filed, so certainly that didn’t help the situation. But not a direct cause and effect of the shooting.

3 Likes

I have the tone I have with IM due to nasty things they said to me. Like a mirror, I reflect back.

8 Likes

She threatened to take KM’s farm when KM had done nothing to her. Go back and read the first bunch of threads if you wonder who was out of line there. Deep down you know that LK was totally out of line and sometimes when you poke someone they come back at you.
KM might not be as polite as you would like them to be here, but they have done nothing to the level of threatening to ‘take your farm’.
LK sent threatening PM’s to lots of people. LK was clearly showing her bully side. The same side she has shown on her social media pages previously (unrelated to the shooting, before the shooting).

17 Likes

Of course he reported on her FB posts!! They were alarming, spoke of multiple personalities, etc.

6 Likes

I don’t want to speak for her but I am assuming that is how she felt, that she had the right to be there. Not my place to make judgement on how she felt or how she assessed the situation.

4 Likes

It is likely RC routinely kept her gun in her vehicle, especially when traveling a long distance alone. Many people do that, men and women. There is no need to create conspiracies from ordinary events jus t because they come prior to an extraordinary occurence.
I think this story of RC sleeping with a gun outside a stall has been shown as false.
At some point, RC and MB discussed her gun, she gave it to him, and from there, we have no factual information about the gun. I assume the prosecution is calling RC and perhaps others to es tablish a chain of custody for the gun until police recover it at the scene of the shooting.

6 Likes

Why would she have the “right” to be there. Did she own it?

16 Likes

i deleted

11 Likes

You mention you “tried to send warning to the victim”. Did you send it? Did she receive it?

1 Like

I was not asking you to speak for her (none of us can), make judgment on how she felt or how she assessed the situation. If you don’t want to answer my question or have an objective discussion, then fair enough.

She may of felt she had a right to be there and may have had a right to be there. However, if my safety, life, or animals are at risk, I don’t care if I have a right to be there, I’ll leave to save myself and them. That being said, I don’t know all of the details in the MB/LK saga. So, can’t say exactly what happened, or the thought processes there. Just speaking in general.

6 Likes

I just want to reiterate again:

I feel and I believe most of us feel bad for the lives impacted by an event that NEVER should have happened.

With a story as choppy and inconsistent as this it’s important to look closely at how things tie together and that’s what we are discussing.

We all want justice to prevail.

If the intention was to kill then a proper sentence must be made. No matter what the truth turns out to be, there must be just relief and punishment if need be.

8 Likes

You don’t have to say anything further and I wish you peace.

9 Likes

I deleted

10 Likes

Possibly some rights as a tennant?

4 Likes

Perhaps she stayed as she either felt she had the right to stay until terms of their leaving were worked out as the original agreement now had to be changed or a some other reason. I don’t know. You would have to ask her. But she probably quite done with that question(why didn’t you leave?) and as much as it bothers some people they probably are not going to be satisfied with any answer.

4 Likes

Could be a simple as hindsight is 20/20 :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes if someone has occupied a space for 30 days they have rights. To get them out you begin with a 30 day vacate notice.

My take on what’s being said is that LK felt the right to stay indefinitely. And I think that because if a landlord tells a tenant to go (as I cited in my own case in an earlier post) then you have a conversation.

LL: You need to vacate. This is your 30 day notice

Tenant: Ok it’s a shame we couldn’t work things out but I’ll start looking for a place. It may take time to find a place. I’ll leave as soon as I can.

There. Done.

We know LK had access to homes, money and I read of at least a dozen, maybe 2 dozen offers for stabling. So why the drama? THAT’S what I can’t wrap my head around.

23 Likes