Barisone Criminal Case Update

Why would you hope people get sued for their opinion/feelings on a discussion forum? I don’t condone the behavior as I have stated before, but pushing for legal action for things like this sets a dangerous precedent where everyone is then afraid to speak at all about anything.

20 Likes

4 Likes

Apparently we all do. I have no idea what KM thinks she’s doing by “reposting “ everything we say. Does it serve a purpose? Does she think we’re intimidated?
And didn’t she go to bed a hour ago….hugless!

4 Likes

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

:rofl::rofl: Ok, I actually laughed at that

4 Likes

From what I could see, LK wasn’t even a regular poster here until after she was shot by MB, and then discovered people were having a field day making up stuff while she was in the hospital. She’s decided to fight back against a group of immature, vicious and hateful women. I can’t imagine what it’s been like for her. Not only did she have to battle her way back to as healthy as possible (she’ll never be the same with half a lung missing), she’s had to battle with all the lies being told here in this forum. When will enough be enough for this little group of women who just keep it going? There are some who actually believe she shot herself in some kind of frame up on MB. That might have been a year or more ago when that fantasy was going around for a few hundred posts. Seriously?

7 Likes

I said if LK has legal standing to sue people who have misspoken about her on this forum, I hope she takes advantage of that right. I stand by that statement whether you like it or not.

If you mistake that statement to believing that I think people should not be able to freely state their opinions or feelings on an Internet forum, then I think you should educate yourself with regards to free speech, defamation, and libel. No one should have to put up with defamation and libel, so if LK has been subject to that here I hope she pursues it in court, otherwise it will continue indefinitely, and will happen to others in the future. Fair is fair, whichever way that might fall.

6 Likes

Plenty educated on those topics, thank you. :blush:

4 Likes

Supposedly the purpose is to preserve the post so that the poster cannot edit or delete it.

However, this is actually pointless as the system
allows the person capturing the post to go in and edit it to their hearts desire!

And yes, she thinks it is slightly intimidating.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Or she is simply doing it because you all find it annoying.

11 Likes

Ahh……well here’s something KM apparently never learned during her stellar legal career.
When you tell the truth you don’t have to keep editing your story.
Happily, more and more of us are understanding what’s really going on here.

5 Likes

Why would you ask me your original question if you understand what libel is?

I am so tired of people posting nonsense and then as soon as someone points out it is nonsense, acting like they knew all along it was nonsense and that you’re in the wrong for pointing out that it’s nonsense because, DUH, EVERYBODY KNOWS IT’S NONSENSE.

6 Likes

Yes. It’s an answer to the question: “What can I do to annoy with virtually zero effort on my part?”

5 Likes

I’m not sure this is an accurate statement since some posters have been directly tied to LK through their posting from the beginning.

15 Likes

Because I was curious. I’m allowed to be curious. Lots of things are said in online environments and a lot of it is not nice. If people started taking legal action every time someone mouthed off online, our legal system would be flooded and billions would be wasted on legal fees. So, I was curious why someone would promote that as a cultural shift. :thinking:

12 Likes

You are allowed to be curious. You are allowed to be wrong and ignorant. You are also allowed to be completely wrong and ignorant when it comes to topics like defamation and libel on the internet. Congratulations, you win!

5 Likes

This isn’t the normal “mouthing off” here and there that you see occasionally on any social media. This is 2 1/2 years of constant viciousness from a small group against a shooting victim. This is not normal.

3 Likes

And imagine what kind of world we’d live in if every time someone mouthed off online they were shot.
Posters here actually believe that getting shot is the natural consequence of a perceived offensive social media post. They reference LK’s social media posts regularly.
I’m glad you’ve called out those people….although perhaps unintentionally.
If you don’t believe people should be sued for social media posts than you certainly can’t believe they should be shot.
Think about that and separate yourself from the haters. I’m not saying you’re one of them. Just see them for what they are.

8 Likes