Barisone Criminal Case Update

No called anyone. I read the threads when I have time, so catch up happens. Which takes time when some people seem to be in this thread 24 hrs a day.

5 Likes

No, recordings can be evidence, not hearsay, as long as they were legally created and obtained.

5 Likes

I too would be interested in vxf111’s thoughts on this subject. They did a very good job of explaining things in a way that non legal people can understand.

6 Likes

Thank you, makes sense.

2 Likes

Calling @vxf111 ! We have a 911 for a master class in legalese!

Strike “legalese” and insert “expertise”.

4 Likes

Yes, as a practitioner and an academic, they are uniquely skilled at making this information accessible and understandable, as a professor would.

I’m really interested in how those tapes could become admissible even though the one made on the day seems to no longer exist or never existed even though it was said to exist.

8 Likes

Just to be clear, it’s not legalese. It’s an area of law that needs explaining/discussion for those interested. Rules of evidence are fairly complex and can be difficult to sort through as the various rules all interact to produce different results given any specific fact pattern. Kind of like putting the facts into an equation and seeing what answer comes out.

6 Likes

My thoughts on that claim of recordings of the events of the shooting:

RG made that declaration, that it was all on tape (paraphrase) freely and unprompted.
It seems impossible to imagine he was making that up on the fly, in that moment, after that altercation, while his girlfriend/fiance lay dying.

So,…

5 Likes

How would the chain of evidence (or other correct legal term if that is not it) be if the tapes were retrieved and/or played prior to the police getting them?

3 Likes

:heart: agreed. Legalese was a poor choice of words. Please forgive me. I should have said expertise. She has a real talent of explaining in layman’s terms what the legal action means.

7 Likes

Good question. I hope someone experienced can answer. I’m only asking questions. I just think, procedurally, it’s the most interesting question right now and I hope we get to discuss it with help from folks who know this area of the law.

6 Likes

Like you, I think all of what DownYonder wrote applies to lalala, but I don’t think that’s who DY was referring to, LOL.

5 Likes

If we are nominating any male horse riders as gods, can I submit some very hot, hot, hot polo players from Argentina as candidates?
:smiley:

19 Likes

is that not more a burden for the prosecution?
or if the evidence was not obtained by an agent for the state?
My expertise does not extend past watching the Kim Potter trial though.
(In which I wonder how badly they twisted her colleagues’ arms to testify on behalf of the prosecution)

2 Likes

Lol I read that as YD, as in theposterwhoshallnotbenamed…
The similar initials tripped my dyslexia I guess.

9 Likes

I saw the tag. This thread is LONG. I’ll circle back when I have a chance.

17 Likes

Thank you! We have many questions!

3 Likes

Does storing them on a cloud change that?

2 Likes

Thank you! Quite a few of the posts can be skipped to save time.

2 Likes

That would be a good question.