Barisone Jury Deliberation

I had a horse get loose and I was busted when my husband noticed the prints 2 weeks later.

1 Like

& the horseshoe picked up the missing casing
Also the horse probably trampled MB & that’s how he got hurt / S

4 Likes

Funny she would purchase one of those glue factory horses.

13 Likes

Right??

Hey, but to fill the wait, anyone want to discuss their favorite courtroom film?
Mine is “Witness for the Prosecution” directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Marlene Die trich , Tyrone Power plus two great British actors Charles Laughton and Elsa Lancaster. Fabulous surprise twist ending.

2 Likes

Rosie was trying to protect MB from the horse, but got distracted? Hard to say.

As an aside, I just saw on the news that there has been an arrest in the case of the subway shooting in Brooklyn yesterday. So in a country with a population of 330 million people, they managed to track down and arrest that one guy in less than a day and a half. Suffice it to say, I’m guessing the Morris County Police Department was probably not involved in any way.

15 Likes

Wonder why LK didn’t mention the horse attack on the witness stand 

13 Likes

You mean BOB

1 Like

So, what happens if the jury hangs on one charge? But not others?

Can anyone explain possible outcomes?

1 Like

Runaway Jury
love me some Cusack :smirk: also Erin Brockovich

2 Likes

I liked Anatomy of a Murder with Jimmy Stewart, Lee Remick, and Ben Gazzara. There were some great character actors as well. Liked the book too. My Cousin Vinnie is another favorite.

1 Like

It’s been a million years since I saw that. Now I want to watch it again.

More recently, I have a weakness for The Lincoln Lawyer, but I love those books, and that movie stayed very close to the book.

And I will always love the much discussed My Cousin Vinnie.

2 Likes

The state can retry the unresolved case. The others are settled. If guilty, I would guess court would begin presentence investigation.

1 Like

Omg. Huge flashback for me.

Many years ago, we were based at a farm for some shows, and I was talking to one of the young guys who worked there as he was holding a horse. I think maybe everybody else was away at a show that day, and he and I were the only ones there right that minute, or something.

But the horse got away from him and ran all around the property. And the guy freaked out, because he was sure he would get fired over it. So after he caught the horse and put him in his stall, he and I went around and filled all the most obvious hoof prints with acorns to camouflage them. It was hilarious, especially in hindsight.

And to the best of my knowledge, it worked. He was still employed there by the time we left at the end of the show season. Lol.

10 Likes

That’s good news! Glad they arrested someone so quickly.

I like “A Time to Kill” and “To Kill A Mockingbird”

1 Like

I really loved both those movies and the books.

2 Likes

Yes, to both. So o dd now to see Robert Duvall at the end of Mockingbird. I think that was his first film role?

Another one I like is “The Verdict” with Paul Newman.

4 Likes

Prostitution (pimp), double homicide, assault & kidnapping

I really like “The Verdict” with Paul Newman and “Murder in the First” with Christian Slater and Kevin Bacon.

1 Like