Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Oh look, yet another example of Lauren Kanarek being a jerk about something while not being fully honest.
She has a rather large mortgage on her home. Sure they paid cash for it and then took out a mortgage.

Making fun of someone for having a $100,000 mortgage that they have paid off is kind of funny for someone with a current $371,000 mortgage.

And Lauren Kanarek can not deny knowing about this mortgage because she signed for it too.

Oh, and here she is being deceitful again.

When you are criticizing someone about having a mortgage it is so weird that one would forget about their own mortgage.

30 Likes

Look at that date. Right around the end of the criminal trialā€¦.

16 Likes

Not too knowledgeable about the significant tax advantages that a mortgage allows.

14 Likes

Trust me they use to get away with itā€¦as long as they had an address to provideā€¦things have since changed.

4 Likes

This sounds like a phony story to me. To get major surgery, one would need not just an address, but the name, insurance cards, and ID of someone who had insurance. I donā€™t see why either ICE or ā€œthe personā€™s respective embassyā€ would have a compelling interest in an unpaid medical bill. ICE generally has more pressing problems.

The consequences of a US resident, citizen or not, of lending their identity to an uninsured person, US resident or not, would rest with the person who permitted their insurance to be used fraudulently.

Interesting story, though.

2 Likes

Actually ā€œObamaCareā€ was modeled from Mitt Romney health care program that he implemented while he was Governor of MA -

8 Likes

Apparently her ā€œCash is Kingā€ is only good for so long and then itā€™s ā€œMortgage the Assetā€

But I am just a horse of course.

13 Likes

Unfortunately, in Florida, you can own a home and still collect Medicaid.
As for Joey, I have all the IMā€™s between her and LK, and thrust me, LK is beyond evil in the things she said to Joey!!!
I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever encountered a more evil person in my life!

27 Likes

The daily disclaimer:

CH has already said sheā€™ll ā€œread between the linesā€ of what you say and none of us are credible. No point in engaging in discourse with her.

13 Likes

The amount of that mortgage makes that ā€œcool quarter millionā€ (before attorney fees) look less impressive, doesnā€™t it?

16 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. It was paid for. A mortgage taken out just before the end of the criminal trial. Supposedly no legal fees for the civil trial.

So what did she, miss ā€œunlimited resourcesā€, need the money for? And did she settle for just enough to pay her mortgage off. Is that why her settlement shopping spree stopped with the piano and the chandelier?

12 Likes

If one has enough in liquid assets to purchase a house in cash, it is often advantageous to do so. In a highly competitive real estate market, sellers prefer cash offers- they close faster with less admin having to do with the bank.

Once youā€™ve struck the best deal on the house, perhaps with an all cash offer, itā€™s an important decision as to whether one wants to hold their assets in the form of real estate equity or otherwise.

You might well want to take out a mortgage, which creates leverage on the returns to your investment in the house, and invest the proceeds of the mortgage in the stock market. That would give you higher risk, but also higher expected return than leaving the $371,000 in equity in the house.

In terms of the Florida homestead provision, itā€™s probably the value of the house, not the equity in the house that is protected.

Buying the house in cash then withdrawing much of the equity to invest in another asset was very likely the most financially advantageous way of purchasing a house.

1 Like

I considered it a harassing question, and chose not to get sucked in to further nonsense on this topic.

18 Likes

Oh please! As if Iā€™d have a reason to lie about this?! :rofl: :joy: I was in the Healthcare industry for 30 years and know firsthandā€¦so I suggest you stick to being currently horseless and leave the rest to me.
And nowhere did I mention lending anyoneā€™s identity to anyone elseā€¦READ before you type!!

24 Likes

But itā€™s fun proving her/him wrong :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Exactly. I have read between the lines of KarenKā€™s story on foreigners obtaining major surgery in the US simply on the basis of providing a US address, and find it not credible.

I have never said ā€œnone of youā€ are credible.

The current rants are very revealing. GJ has everything that LK will never have and it hits homeā€¦ A loving family, a strong social life, a band, a profession, a driveā€™s license and a real life partner. I know GJ can get a little out there, but when someone keeps turning the knife it can really hurt. And didnā€™t LK & RG live in a ratty modular home in some funky NC town?

LK is losing it, and honestly, one of these days sheā€™s going to go after the wrong person. I seriously doubt sheā€™ll be around in a few years.

37 Likes

Yep Bus #9, Heading to Karmaville.

:horse:

9 Likes

They at least testified to living in an RV while in FL 2018.

Normally there isnā€™t anything wrong with thatā€¦but hypocrisy and allā€¦.

26 Likes

Thatā€™s my point. Providing oneā€™s own name and a phony address would not suffice to get major surgery. One would need the name and address and proof of identity of someone with insurance and commit insurance fraud to get the surgery.

Anyone who knowingly lent their identity for the insurance would also be guilty of fraud.

I agree thereā€™s no reason to lie about that. An unforced error.