Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Good girl, now let’s get you back in the round pen and work on a few of your other quirk’s shall we?

:horse:

13 Likes

By being informed by his lawyers, his genuine supporters, and his doctors what the outcome of the trial was.

Are his lawyers (and LO) being honest with him and telling him the hard truth that he shot LK?

2 Likes

Do you have the long lost video from the security camera that the Ks removed from the house to prove that’s what happened? If so, please share it with the rest of us.

37 Likes

I betcha anything she saw it in one of those special Dear Leaders meetings via zoom.

What I want to know if it was before.or after they all went over the police report together.

9 Likes

I think MB is very well aware of the outcome of the criminal trail. That doesn’t mean he remembers or should take anyone’s word that he shot LK. He acknowledges he has been told he shot LK, go back and watch the 48 Hours episode. However, he still has no memory of it.

No forensics.

No forensics.

Nor forensics. :musical_score:

49 Likes

It would have maybe gone such a long way towards his acceptance if there was some sort of GSR, DNA or fingerprints….

Or even a video he could watch…or a recording he could listen to…

No, he just has the word of people who were laughing about making him homeless, damaging his property, forging his signature for some nefarious purpose, and searching for his ex-gf’s kids where-abouts and exploding bullets……

42 Likes

This. Were I in his place and I was presented with proof positive, then you accept it.

But I’m not convinced he did it. Not because of my Fandom but because of lack of credible evidence.

But in the absence of proof I wouldn’t apologize for it either.

31 Likes

What you are failing to realize is that it does not matter if Barisone recovers his memory lost to amnesia. None of that is conducive to recovering from NPD, OCD, or whatever psychiatric issue he may have.

It would be a delusion to presume to know what happened when memory has failed.

Just because you have some sort of underlying deep seated personal issue with MB and would like him to see him “confess” and admit fault, does not mean it’s pertinent or even relevant to his recovery.

43 Likes

Or we can look at this way.

Are the K’s and laundry boy being honest about what really happened?

Shame all those recordings are hidden away somewhere, somewhere. Oh illegal recording where art thou?

Oh snap there lays the rub.

30 Likes

I have caught up on the sealioning and responses. Really, it’s just exhausting to wade through. Anyways…

One thing that strikes me is that MB had, at the time of the hearing, perhaps 4 hours of individual therapy at Greystone (and Ann Klein).

Thinking back to my darkest days over 2 decades ago with my eating disorder (when I was not deemed a danger to anyone but myself and was an outpatient), I probably had that many hours (if not more) of individual therapy in the course of two weeks… plus several more group therapy sessions that consisted of more meaningful activities than coloring, all led by a licensed professional.

If a decidedly non-violent, outpatient troubled person can get more targeted therapy in 2 weeks than an involuntarily committed person whose entire freedom depends on receiving said therapy has gotten over the course of more than one year, we should all be concerned.

The goal of these mental health “professionals” at these institutions should be rehabilitation, if rehabilitation is possible. That means intense therapy, individualized therapy, and actually doing what tax dollars are ostensibly funding them to do. They should be tasked with clearing beds as quickly and responsibly as possible to address the backlog and need. That involves actual patient care, rendered consistently. That they are instead effectively warehousing patients is horrifying.

As for “re-litigating” the events of August 7… I am positive that during the course of my talk therapy, I have “re-litigated” many events. And I am positive that doing so has helped me come to terms with them, and what, if any, role I played in them. And/or helped me to process them. And that’s without the amnesia component. Talk therapy involves a lot of… talking, go figure!

At the end of the day, as I understand it… the question is not whether Michael Barisone accepts what happened, but whether he represents a danger to himself or others.

Does it really matter if he accepts that the events transpired as Schellhorn and the Kanareks say they did? I certainly don’t accept that, and I don’t think that makes me a danger to society. Maybe he did shoot her as described, but due to a lack of forensics, a lack of credibility on the part of the victim, and the plausibility of other scenarios it is difficult to say “yes that is what happened.” His inability to do so does not make him insane, and does not make him a danger to himself or others.

I hope that ultimately he is able to get the therapy he needs, has access to professionals who are not so clueless or biased as to think facts are “grandiose” or “delusions”, and can find a path towards his eventual freedom.

58 Likes

I believe that Schellhorn & Co are weaponizing this part of MBs recovering laying a trap by insisting he’s not releasable until he admits it. Then if he admits it, they’ll come up with some other component. It is THEY who are living in the past, not MB. They refuse to acknowledge what is NOW in terms of his recovery while they weaponize anything MB says or does in any punitive way they can. Schellhorn isn’t representing the state at this point. He’s representing the shootee. The State is not supposed punitive actions.

And everyone who was there saw it including Jaffers.

42 Likes

I suppose my whole point is that they aren’t necessarily correlated. The issue at hand, under the law, should be exclusively whether he represents a danger to society. I am not a mental health professional, but I fail to see how those two things cannot be separated. He can both not accept the state’s version of events and be not dangerous, IMHO.

29 Likes

You don’t say…

5pKK

5 Likes

Well said. I would not accept the gaslighting being put forth by Kanareks, Schellhorn…

27 Likes

I doubt that he is allowed electronics and especially social media. He isn’t even allowed pencils to do more lovely drawings! Think about that. Almost 4 years now with little or no access to everyday items or activities.

13 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but really wanted to say that I appreciate the vulnerability, honesty and thoughtfulness in your post.

30 Likes

Thank you! That’s so kind!!!

5 Likes

This morning I read an article about how backed up places are for people who can’t stand trial due to needing mental health assessments. It made me think of Barisone, and how the people who won’t let him go are contributing to the back log. The WSJ seems really invested so maybe that’s a route to take.

29 Likes

The criterion for release of a NGRI committee is not “not dangerous”. It’s that the mental defect is cured.

2 Likes

Did you read that Statute you posted? NJSA 2C 4-8?

27 Likes