Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Yum. That will do. Thanks! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve cream is acceptable at any time of day. When I was in Italy, I happily participated in the ice cream for breakfast club. With gelato, of course.

8 Likes

It’s one of those things that can go either way. When it’s good, it’s very, very good. When it is bad, it is horrid. Lol.

6 Likes

I kind of feel the other way, at least as far as ice cream is concerned. Just the other day as I was eating Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, I was thinking I would love to have the mint ice cream without the chocolate chips. (And normally I love chocolate.)

4 Likes

In a pathetic attempt to try to stay relevant here, you all should know I once had a ChocoTaco in Perris (CA).

22 Likes

Mint chip is my second favorite, second only to peppermint stick. But when my father was dying, he ate nothing except pistachio ice cream. So, I will reiterate my undying belief that ice cream is acceptable any time of day.

16 Likes

Perris, California? Near Hemet? That’s the only “Paris” I’ve ever visited, too. :laughing:

But in my defense, I’ll offer up Nesselrode Bula from the long since deceased Wil Wright’s ice cream parlor on Pacific Coast Highway in Newport Beach, CA. Not ashamed to admit I could eat an entire pint of that stuff. With a plastic spoon, no less.

5 Likes

I’m really more of a sorbet type of girl. Mango and Raspberry are my faves.

7 Likes

I just drove through Egypt while chewing a Twizzler. That’s Egypt, NY. Not very impressive.

17 Likes

Agreed. Minimum requirement: the chocolate must be dark. I don’t ever have milk chocolate, really. But for a mint combo it must be dark for sure.

6 Likes

I’ve been to Cairo, New York. Didn’t have ice cream or Twizzlers there though.

7 Likes

I did have a taco in Mexico, NY one time.

7 Likes

@FitzE @erinmeri @SillyHorse
Thanks! Hate pictures of myself but will make an exception for ones with horses and ones with France. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I don’t think I had ever even heard of a ChocoTaco until there was suddenly a big hue and cry when it was taken off the market recently. And I’ve certainly never had one. And it sounds like maybe now I never will. Sad face.

1 Like

They were incredible. I can’t believe they were discontinued!

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of a ChocoTaco, but my gang used to love ChocoNana’s. That’s a banana on a popsicle stick, dipped in chocolate and then frozen. A high school acquaintance and his father developed the recipe and sold them at their small ice cream shop in my home town. We used to drive 60 miles one way every other Saturday night to go there and buy ChocoNana’s. Yum.

Edited to add an image. These are rolled in mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut, or toasted chopped pecans. Chopped peanuts would also be good.

14 Likes

Sadly for any attempts at “eating healthy” and staying low calorie, I have three ice cream stands (two of which make their own) and two bakeries in easy walking distance.
Going out for a walk can be hazardous!

12 Likes

ChocoTaco! They were delicious and stayed relatively crispy rather than getting soggy. The little layers of chocolate made a bit of a crunch. Supposedly they have plans to eventually bring them back to market.

9 Likes

I have been to, or at least driven through, Paris, Vienna, and Isle of Wight. Equally impressive, all in Virginia.

11 Likes

I’m fortunate to live just a couple of miles north of Rome.

Rome, Wisconsin.

11 Likes