Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

I used to go grocery shopping in Vienna. Magruder’s mushrooms were legendary.

5 Likes

I just got a speeding ticket while eating a cronut in Waldo Florida. The snack was great and I now can answer the question “Where’s Waldo “

14 Likes

Oh boy, a local Whole Foods has Isigny Ste Mere butter in stock today. I know they sometimes carry it but I’ve never found it there on any of my infrequent visits. Adding a WF stop to today’s errands.

12 Likes

959K views today. Surely there is a true crime writer perusing the comments.

Also, Trader Joes “Gone Bananas” - frozen banana bites dipped in dark chocolate.

9 Likes

Especially if you blink

But it’s pronounced Kay_ro

2 Likes

I used to make these for my kids and their friends (20ish years ago). Every summer we rented a cottage on a lake for a couple of weeks and these were a favourite cottage food. Really easy to make and somewhat healthy.

6 Likes

You’re exactly right. Always annoyed me with that pronunciation.

2 Likes

I was quickly corrected when it was part of my sales territory

2 Likes

My ex had an uncle who had a summer house up there so we used to go up. There was a river where we all would jump off cliffs to swim right off the road.

2 Likes

Kinda like Versailles…in France vs. Kentucky.

6 Likes

The first time I drove my DD to Vernon, NY for the summer, we were driving down the interstate when I saw the sign for Mexico, NY, I thought I’d make a joke, and said to her “We’re farther south than I thought! We’re almost to Mexico!” She just gave me a look. Turns out she thought I was serious. Told my DH. I’m still rather annoyed many years later she thought I was that stupid.

:laughing::rofl:

4 Likes

Lima, Ohio versus Lima, Peru.

5 Likes

That would be awesome! I don’t know if it’s the novelty (“Look! It’s a taco but it’s ice cream…!”) or the mix of flavors and textures. Is a ChocoTaco super premium ice cream? No. Is a ChocoTaco fun to say and eat? Heck yeah!

3 Likes

ChocoTacos always reminded me of a Nutty Buddy, but folded horizontally. And therefore the ChocoTacos were more convenient. And somehow more tasty.

I can’t find a Nutty Buddy anymore, either. :cry:

4 Likes

In Kentucky they don’t say Ver-sigh?

2 Likes

Nope. Ver-sails.

6 Likes

We have a Ver-sails in CT too. One of three small villages that make up the town of Sprague. We also have a Thames River - pronounced like it is spelled as it should be! :smile:

2 Likes

God help me if I ever go to some of these places. I’ve had enough French education, living in a bilingual country, and having some understanding of how things are pronounced in England, I’d likely be looked at like a total foreigner. :flushed:

10 Likes

Chili, NY wants a word with you. It’s Chai-lye.

7 Likes