Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Hamilton?

Kennedy

He was Scarlett’s 2nd husband
Her first husband was Charles Hamilton
Rhett was her third husband.

:horse:

7 Likes

No, Hamilton was her first husband. Melanie Hamilton’s brother, which was how Scarlett ended up related to the wife of Ashley Wilkes.

But can I remember the stuff on my grocery list if I don’t check it before I leave the store? Very rarely. Lol.

12 Likes

That’s it. Thanks.

1 Like

Melanie: Now we’re really and truly sisters

At Scarlett’s wedding to Melanie brother Charles

2 Likes

Yes, poor sweet Melanie. She had NO idea.

4 Likes

Yeah, no kidding
 now I have to look that up

Scarlett: I
I never really loved Ashley.
Rhett Butler: You certainly gave a good imitation of it, up till this morning. No Scarlett, I tried everything.

3 Likes

There are so many things in both the book and the movie that are really extremely objectionable in hindsight. But as products of the times, they were both quite entertaining.

Plus Bonnie’s poor pony! It wasn’t his fault!!

Omg. And I just looked up the pony’s name, which I had forgotten was Mr. Butler. That makes the whole thing even more sick and wrong! That never dawned on me until just this moment.

4 Likes

Also, shouldn’t it be “baited” breath, not bated. What does bated mean, if anything? I could be wrong of course.

2 Likes

No, it’s bated, a form of abated.

Is it Bated Breath or Baited Breath? The correct form of the English expression is bated breath . The dictionary defines this idiom as a nervous or excited state anticipating what will happen.

14 Likes

It’s “bated” as in a shortened form of “abated”, sort of holdng one’s breath in anticipation.

10 Likes

Frank Kennedy. Another Irish name.

What’s wrong with calling the pony Mr
Butler? That was their last name.

Yes she did. She just would never mention it, because she was too polite, and believed in kill them with kindness. She chose to see scarletts love for Ashley as devotion to her and Ashley, but she knew.

3 Likes

Rhett Butler (wrongly!) blamed the pony for his daughter’s death, so he went out and shot the pony. As if he was shooting himself, Mr. Butler, since his indulgence for his daughter’s whims could be considered the real cause of the accident.

Extra tragic since Scarlett’s father had also passed away as a result of a riding accident.

7 Likes

I don’t think she knew at the beginning, on that wedding day, when she made the remark about them being sisters.

Especially since the two weddings happened in a huge rush so the men could get married before they went off to war.

Check out LK’s FB page for the most monumentally tone deaf post ever.

4 Likes

You really need to narrow it down a little. :wink:

9 Likes

I’ve never visited LK’s FB page, and I never will. Can you please screen shot and post here?

6 Likes