Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

Outstanding!

4 Likes

Ah but you @Pocket_Rocket and @smoofox can fan girl from the side lines. As it would be I, the one eyed buck fart gelding, who will carry the Pirate from the port to the tavern with my head high prancing in full regalia.

:horse:

13 Likes

With bling’d-up matching eye patches, no doubt?

3 Likes

Indubitably

:horse:

6 Likes

The GoFundMe update is up.

7 Likes

17 Likes

I do not understand how Taylor is not held accountable for violating the Krol rules. This embarrassment of a judge is just being a dick to Michael and it is a shame something cannot be done about him. I feel so bad for Michael. He is trying to do the right thing and constantly gets screwed over by one judge with a vendetta against him.

34 Likes

Chalk up a few more points for the lawsuit against GS, and hopefully taylor.

This is very clearly punitive.

25 Likes

There’s been a LOT over the years to try to keep up with, so thanks for clarifying. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Knights_Mom… off to read that on a bigger screen.

4 Likes

Punitive because of a personality type?

Terribly sad that this is how the GFM update reads.

6 Likes

I mean, atleast the idea of passes is on the table. I think if Greystone doesn’t allow any passes in the next 6 months it will look bad and they’ll have some 'splainin to do.

17 Likes

Exactly. And Taylor knows it.

8 Likes

The other day the WSJ had an article about patients lingering in hospitals waiting for enough help to become even competent enough to stand trial. It cited about half a dozen states, NJ was not one of them, but I just kept thinking that beds in Greystone would probably be more useful to other patients. Although if there isn’t staff……

6 Likes

If they paid people better there would be staff.

24 Likes

As for the three doctors with a combined experience of ten years…there is a big difference between trying to play an expert and actually being an expert. Allowing a patient’s personality to interfere with appropriate judgment as well as pressure applied by lawyers to actually force treatment to also color judgment smacks of arrogance and defensiveness rather than professionalism.

43 Likes

Chat GPT is only good through 2020. After that, it has not been trained.

I never implied otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And better staff. As I have said elsewhere, I doubt Greystone is attracting the cream of the crop of mental health professionals.

9 Likes

A friend (who does not live in NJ) had a relative who financed medical school with state aid, requiring they would have to do a year or two working in a state mental health locked facility, or had to repay the tuition and other costs the state paid. That person found out how much more it would be for salary working in a private practice that would also pay their malpractice insurance, benefits, and hire all of the office staff. That person declined to work at the public facility, and made so much more that they repaid the state aid in a few months. That also meant they didn’t have to work with the criminally mentally ill, at a place that has a well known issue with attacks on staff.

I imagine Greystone has similar issues with salary, benefits, etc.

However, I find it unacceptable that a man who was found NG for the reasons he was, has been held in jail and untreated at state facilities longer than people convicted of violent felonies.

34 Likes

First, Greystone is facing the same shortages that are evident in other medical professions. Then, as Down Yonder said, they dont get the cream of the crop graduates. Pay clearly would be a factor, but also it would have to be a truly depressing place to work, and perhaps even frightening. Not sure how much premium that would require…
Not sure there are courses in the education process on how to work in an environment with criminals.

4 Likes