Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

As a former insurance professional, I just had to laugh at this. Insurance companies don’t give 2 $hits about their “reputation.” They will, however, bend over backward to not settle because they LOVE the money and do not like to part with it. At some point, settling becomes cheaper than litigating however. Because this is a relatively small suit (in the grand scheme of insurance companies) I’m guessing they will settle if they can’t get their requests for dismissal to work.

40 Likes

Agree about the pirouettes, but not piaffe and passage. Because the “airs above the ground” go back to military use of war horses, pirouettes would have been pretty useless. But piaffe was the equivalent of a marching column “marking time,” and passage was “marching.”

2 Likes

11 Likes

This ^

9 Likes

And a cool quarter million is just about the amount they’d settle with……

It makes the chump feel like they “got something” but it’s a nothing amount to them.

If one remembers, Silver said they had offered LK an amount during mediation but she wouldn’t take it. My guess is that she called them up and agreed to take it at the same time she begged Barisone to drop his claims with prejudice.

19 Likes

Really? If the insurance company denies a claim, there’s always the possibility they’ll get sued. If the insurance company settles rather than defend its denial of coverage, why wouldn’t all parties denied coverage sue for any easy settlement?

2 Likes

You’re the one who agreed (1000%) with the poster who absolutely incorrectly said the jury did not have the option of finding him NG wrt shooting LK.

An actual lawyer came on to point out that rather basic error.

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is why some posters always have to “be right” no matter what subject it is.

The grass is green
No, the grass is blue

Is the point to just argue with random people? So very strange indeed.

But I am just a horse of course.

24 Likes

There was a poll on this. The great majority of posters “predicted” he would be found Not Guilty.

NGRI is very different from Not Guilty. They differ as to the decision on actus reus.

I did not think he would be found NG. I thought he would be found either Guilty or NGRI, depending on the decision on insanity.

While the jury was deliberating, you posted you were hoping for a hung jury. Why would you hope for a hung jury if you thought he would be found Not Guilty? You wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Again, your lack of knowledge of experience in this field is undermining your attempt to be knowledgeable and credible.

Are you aware of No Fault law? That’s in regard to auto accidents. There are attorneys who today are paying their mortgages and other bills in the sole practice of no fault cases.

Let’s say you have auto insurance and live in Pennsylvania, a no fault state. You go the chiropractor and fill out the form asking if you’re there as a result of an auto accident? This means you don’t get banged for the cost, neither does your health insurance. It goes for the auto insurance company to pay.

But they don’t pay. They fight it. And even in my small court there were 120 cases on no fault day of doctors, chiropractors, etc suing Geico, Travelers, State Farm, Liberty etc to pay those medical bills. Literally thousands of pages of documents are filed. For case after case after case.

Eventually they mostly all settle.

We used to joke and call out the most petty no fault claim filed. As of the time I left it was $2.48.

12 Likes

22 Likes

Huh?

It was decided that there will be in Greystone for another six months. His commitment there will be reconsidered then. No one knows either he will be released in 6 months or in 6 years.

Well maybe @Ambitious_Kate looked into her crystal ball or maybe she read the tarot cards…

One may never know… .

:horse:

4 Likes

I do not have a crystal ball. I base my predictions on a rational assessment of the incentives faced by the participants.

Lots of people here base their “predictions” on wishful thinking.

Lots of people predicted MB would be found NG. Lots of people predicted that he would back home in Florida before Christmas. Wishful thinking.

1 Like

Ok whatever you say.

You are free to base “whatever” on “whatever” and so is everyone else. You sometimes fail to see that but it’s just my observation.

Just as long as you remember to not use that bad, bad, bad “K” word.
I’m talking about Karma btw.
That word gets some in a tizzy.

11 Likes

Thank you SoCoPony. Of course posters are entitled to make predictions based on wishful thinking.

As some are with Misinformation.

But hey as Bon Jovi sang “Hey, hey, hey, hey, Something to believe in”

7 Likes

He was not found guilty and was found NG on RG and NGRI. Those are both not guilties.

And it was me who said he’d be out by Christmas because in a normal environment he would have. Taylor was more punitive than logic told me he would be.

You continue to be wrong. Literally all the time.

31 Likes

Someone is sounding triggered….

16 Likes

That’s nothing new unfortunately.

5 Likes