Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

If it’s wrong, I am wrong, as well.

8 Likes

Omg. Somehow I have never seen that clip before in my life. It’s fantastic!

7 Likes

I was mocking him for a spelling error that revealed that he did not actually know what “painstaking” meant, yes.

On a more serious note, he is now claiming that the expenses are possibly below $75,000 to attempt to get the case transferred back to NJ.

I do not believe that there is genuine uncertainty as to whether the expenses, mostly billed by his own firm, are possibly less than $75,000 but also possibly $400,000 tor legal fees alone.

2 Likes

Hmm. Apparently, someone didn’t find that part on google. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Spelling errors happen. Case in point:

Also, he’s not saying what your interpretation is. He’s saying it’s premature to move the case before the amount is known. Also, it’s good you know that the amounts were billed mostly by his own firm and not, say, Ed Bilinkas. Or any of the other attorneys.

28 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

17 Likes

If we want to talk about the spelling error Olympics, we could pull up some filings from LK’s 3rd rate lawyers :rofl::rofl:

34 Likes

Like heck they were

4 Likes

Wow mocking people.
That’s just some mean girl stuff right there.

But I am just a horse of course

25 Likes

Pro tip.

It’s much faster and easier to catch up on the threads when you have the extremely repetitive people on your ignore list. FYI.

23 Likes

Why? When you were mum about the JK and Nagel filings, and all. Not biased, are you, my little kumquat? So sweet and fair to all.

28 Likes

All my life I have struggled with spelling and not once has anyone explained that my struggle is because I do not know the meaning of the words. Darn. All those inept teachers and such.

27 Likes

Well, now you’ve been skoolt! You didn’t know that a mispelt word reveals you dont know the meaning? Listen to CH. She knows all, sees all.

15 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

This is from someone who said they disapproved of all Bullying.

Apparently one only disapproves when anyone else does it and they themselves and a certain other current and former posters are an exception.

Get It? Got It?

:horse:

19 Likes

:rofl:

Busted!

Nothing like having your arse handed to you by @ekat. It’s always civil, concise, and complete with receipt.

40 Likes

“Those acts of material breach, individually and/or collectively, forced BARISONE
to retain attorneys and fund his own defense by payment to his legal team of hundreds of
thousands of dollars, rather than having that expense borne by the insurance companies which
were obligated to defend BARISONE at their expense.”
This is from the amended complaint.

Edited to add–fees requested for witnesses and punitive damages (does the latter get thrown into the pot to determine if jurisdictional theshold met?):

“As an actual, direct, and proximate result to the failure of the NAMEDINSURANCE COMPANIES to perform their duties and obligations to BARISONE, BARISONE
suffered injury and resulting damages, including but not limited to all of the attorneys’ fees,
litigation expenses, expert witness fees, investigation fees and expenses, court costs, and other expenditures, incurred by BARISONE to defend himself in the Criminal Matter, in the Kanarek Civil Suit, and/or in any and all other litigations arising from or connection with the Shooting.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff MICHAEL BARISONE demands judgment of liability,
separately against each of the NAMED INSURANCE COMPANIES, and awarding damages
against each of the NAMED INSURANCE COMPANIES, jointly and severally, including
punitive damages, as well as compensatory damages, as well as damages compensating
BARISONE for his attorneys’ fees, litigation expense and costs incurred in the prosecution of this civil action, and granting BARISONE such other relief as may be just and proper.”
(edited for more of my spelling errors! oops…)

2 Likes

Question-- is it customary for attorneys to type their own filings, or does clerical staff do so?

8 Likes

It depends on the attorney and the law firm, but a lot (if not most) lawyers do most of their own typing these days. If you can type reasonably well (even two fingered) it is just plain faster and easier than writing things out or dictating and waiting for someone else to type for you.

9 Likes

I think Mr. Deininger’s practice is very small so he does that stuff himself.

4 Likes