Barisone- New Thread

As someone above said, I’m finding the prosecution’s summation weak. He’s losing me. And grasping at straws.

11 Likes

I am not sure where you got this information but it is not accurate. There are lots of states where you are required to get a permit to own a handgun.

4 Likes

I’ve lost his point already.

4 Likes

I’m thinking hoist by his own petard. I’m really making an effort to LISTEN but he’s really losing me.

7 Likes

O.M.G. Now he’s comparing LK and MHG’s riding ability? And claiming she had a riding “career?” And trying to make it a bad thing that multiple Olympians came in and vouched for MB?!?

14 Likes

OMG. No one on the jury is going to understand how laughable it is to be going on about LK’s riding career and her Olympic aspirations.

18 Likes

Well the prosecution case and this summation is a :poop::poop::poop: show.

4 Likes

It’s a different set up, and much more limited, than most states. It’s not just a register and get a gun. You have to jump through many more hoops and justifications for handguns.

How can this prosecutor say with a straight face that the evidence does not show that LK and RG lied about what happened that day?

Their testimony contradicts EACH OTHER. And… it contradicts their previous SWORN STATEMENTS.

15 Likes

Connecticut long wait period, plus if you have a dui or domestic violence call, you don’t get it

1 Like

If I was a juror and believed this it would make me question even more why the victim didn’t leave on her own and go to a different trainer where she could get the training she needed to reach her goals. Why stay?

9 Likes

If you’re referring to the Prosecutor (he as odd jaw movements), I’m thinking he may have Tourettes.

I wonder. Morris County has a pretty big equestrian community. Could there be someone on the jury with experience?

When I was on a jury for a minute in my county, there was a hunter rider too and we spent time in the jury room discussing horses.

Do you think simply being an equestrian would allow the prosecution to dismiss for cause?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can find mistakes in every single textbook and reference book. Authors and editors are human too.

1 Like

Was just thinking how this would go if she tried this in Palm Beach County

5 Likes

OMG . No more about the stupid scoring system of that one test.

Why does he keep saying shoot “two” people? Only one person got shot.

13 Likes

OMG, I did the same thing as an undergrad. Had to give a talk on Jung. When I got really desperate I started drawing diagrams on the chalkboard. Since it was totally bizarre it worked.

3 Likes

That’s a good question. Hopefully, MB’s defense hired a jury consultant for jury selection. Their expertise is invaluable.

5 Likes

Someone seems to be grasping! When will he talk about forensic evidence? Oh, that’s right, there isn’t any.

I don’t recall RC ever saying her gun unloaded!!

14 Likes