Barisone- New Thread

I’m going to say Bobby has to be LK. And the retired attorney thing is just more SM creativity. It’s absolutely her voice at her nastiest. And moreover I actually doubt that JK or any of the lawyers or experts have been posting on SM under aliases. Because adult professionals have learned that there is nothing to be gained and much to be lost by going into squabbles online.

Within the closed environment of a chat room or thread there is a lot at stake for some participants in winning or losing arguments. There is also some room for crowd sourcing SM or other evidence. Some true crime chat groups have located suspects, for instance. It’s worth having researchers comb these.

But the opinion of the chat group is immaterial to the court proceedings. There is never a moment where it’s a useful move for a lawyer to go in under an alias and start defending their client or daughter.

Lawyers and psychologists will have Twitter feeds where they comment on current issues in their own name to raise their public profile.

24 Likes

I also feel that if MB had meant to just go kill them, he would have actually brought a better weapon and gotten the job done. It makes sense to me that he chose that weapon for defense.

10 Likes

From this website:

During a trial, developing trial strategies to help shape juror perceptions is one of the most important responsibilities of a jury consultant because it can lead to a favorable outcome. The consultant will:

• Provide insight into jurors’ body language and behavior at trial.

I think that comment was in reference to Ed David - the real estate attorney-

1 Like

What makes me sad about all this… after all these threads… after LK’s rants and rages… after all this time… is that a couple of posters are still making excuses for LK. Ignoring her own words and actions… glossing over extremely bad behavior… ignoring her whacked out testimony and lies - and RG’s…

Nope.

She must never be held accountable for her actions and gets a pass on everything, apparently. Cool beans. Full permission granted to continue to lie her ass off - poor, innocent manipulative victim that she is. Victim of a shooting, yes. Eye-lash batting innocent, no. “Finish the bastard”. I think that sums up her motives and ambitions. But that is just me.

The trial being played out… and watching LK and RG on the stand… was eye-opening - and very sad.

For all the BS that got tossed around constantly by a few posters about how so many of us were obviously MB fangirls :roll_eyes:, it seems that there actually are adoring LK fans - reminiscent of YankeeDuchess. :roll_eyes:

50 Likes

Yes…which in the face of people being proven that they have a vendetta and are lying on the stand…kind of gets to reasonable doubt.

The problem is they seem to be trying to prevent the jury from being able to find that is reasonable doubt.

14 Likes

100% agree.

4 Likes

What ever happened to good ol’ YD? The conversation in these threads has been so much more relevant without her.

7 Likes

Ask the jury that acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse.

20 Likes

Whoops. Thank you. I stand corrected.

1 Like

Completely agree.

I wonder if the defense team has someone lurking around? Would the victim posting around be of any consequence other than perhaps the Judge slapping the wrist? My guess is her style would tip off anyone familiar with her posting.

4 Likes

Absolutely right. And in this virtual reality game that she revels in, she is never to be held accountable, is never wrong and is Oh So Very Smart compared to the rest of us…

10 Likes

Could also consider that sometimes people pretend to be something they’re not, but have a lot of knowledge of. Say, parents’ careers…

6 Likes

Is this quote from the discussion about the plea deal? If so, that defense counsel did not serve his client well. If MB is found guilty, I think he would have “ineffective counsel” grounds for an appeal. Don’t discount the possibility that Bilinkis (or whatever his name is) didn’t want to pass up a high profile (sort of) trial. https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/appeals/grounds-for-appeal/ineffective-assistance-of-counsel/

1 Like

I’m wondering about the phones. Were they submitted as evidence? Was there MB and LK blood on the phone she beat him with?

Also, how did he break/dislocate his elbow? Did RG actively break it?

3 Likes

It’s against forum rules to guess your identity but come to think of it I haven’t seen the mind reading wizard The Great Carnac since I was a kid! Good to see you again!

3 Likes

I think the issue is that it is fashionable in society right now to use very binary thinking when engaging in any number of discussions. It’s considered righteous, virtuous, principled, and means someone is sticking to their guns (figuratively speaking) and taking an important stand.

And I get that. I can get that way when the issue of child abuse comes up (see the long SafeSport thread. I’ll own it :slight_smile: )

So I think some posters are looking at LK as a shooting victim in an incredibly binary way. And that drives the way they participate in these discussions.

But real life just isn’t binary! It’s shades of grey, and involves many layers.

I think it’s good to have these discussions, and try and stretch the way we see things. For instance… I now will admit there are risks that people will weaponize SafeSport reporting for really bad ends. I wish that wasn’t the case… but the LK case has made me see that this issue is real. Soooo… I will keep that in mind going forward when discussing that issue on other threads. Because discussions are more honest. and more productive, and less hostile, when people don’t get so rigid and binary in their thinking.

31 Likes

As much as I disagreed with the Rittenhouse verdict, the circumstances are completely different from Barisone.

2 Likes

There was a time before the OJ murder trial when court cases were reported in newspapers and on the evening news. I was in another country during that trial and the televisions in hotels and taverns were all tuned into the OJ trial. So weird. The huge ratings did not go unnoticed by tv execs.

1 Like

As far as the victim posting, I think that’s why the trial video live chat was shut down during the trial. No, you can’t really stop someone posting unless there’s an actual restraining order against them or as a bail condition.

I believe YD was banned.

2 Likes