Barisone- New Thread

To some degree, I’m sure it has, but not the way Moustache didn’t mean any disrespect against Hasson. That was over the top. Simring can testify all over the country. He doesn’t need that courthouse. And I feel like if they had played the outrage card against him, he would just say see ya.

6 Likes

“Bob” definitely seems like LK. As of 2 hrs ago, “Bob” was tagging poor Joey on YouTube in more comments, mocking her about a shared “love interest” and making other mocking comments about some personal hobby of Joey’s…

How would a random YouTube account created 6 days ago that only follows this trial know to zero in on Joey in particular in comments, and commence with really personal weirdness and more bullying?

In all fairness though, Joey has been all over the comments on the trial as well for a few days, sharing some about her experiences with LK. But this one “Bob” account is the only person trolling Joey and getting hostile.

19 Likes

As I’ve said before, this is first time I watched a whole case from start to finish, so I have no basis for comparison between what is normal and what is completely over the top. Mr. Mustache seemed totally over the top to me, but for all I know, maybe that behavior is typical.

I mean, I hope not. But I don’t know.

2 Likes

Hmm, I didn’t realize that. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

That, plus, she’s always claimed superior legal knowledge by being ‘attorney adjacent’ given that not everyone in her family has gone the no job route. She even bragged how many of her male :roll_eyes: relatives are lawyers.

Always making sure to glom onto other people’s accomplishments and expertise.

11 Likes

Except she doesn’t law well.

7 Likes

I have a feeling if challenged Simring would have just looked over dead pan at the prosecutor and said well you liked it when you had me use it and testify to it in all those other cases so what’s your issue with it now?

15 Likes

Nope, never could get it right, even when experienced lawyers were breaking it down for her.

Shame she’s banned so we won’t get our ‘top 5 global blue chip law firm’ lecture on privilege. :rofl:

11 Likes

The problem with that would be the SafeSport ban.

7 Likes

The SS ban means no USEF/FEI shows, clinics or students. Can’t even visit a show.

He may be free but to get his life back he needs at the least no felony convictions.

12 Likes

Would he be able to train horses and sell them to clients without any SS repercussions for them?

2 Likes

I suppose he could train horses not owned by any USEF FEI member. I think he could sell them then to a member but am not sure

2 Likes

Except “secreted” (as the past tense of the verb “to secret”) is the accepted form in the US. I have to say that it is a verb rarely used here in my experience, so maybe that’s why some people thought the word looked odd.

4 Likes

I see an unfair burden placed on the defense. In criminal trials the defendant is supposed to get every consideration. It’s no where supposed to be a game of Gottcha.

Unfortunately the United States legal system is set up to favour the state, but hey if this trial convinces people of that and get’s them interested in reform I’m all for it.

This is long, but you could skim it and see some of the ways this is true
https://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4740&context=clr

5 Likes

I saw one comment (can’t remember the exact words & I can’t find it again), but it was a comment inviting jurors to go to COTH to read about the case. Bob said she was (and I can’t remember the exact word) tainting, corrupting, something like that. . . the jury. Bob was going to bring it to the attention of the judge. Anyone perusing the comments see the one mentioning COTH? I did see another comment by Bob asking someone if the bailiff and contacted that poster yet.

3 Likes

Oh I’m just a lil ole vacuumer so let me just toss out some random bits of paper to vacuum up

14 Likes

Corrupting youtube posters? That’s HYSTERICAL!!!

7 Likes

Apologies if this has already been raised, but I’m about 700 comments behind on this new thread. I see that the Maestro is now comparing himself with “Mike” - the only difference between them is that NP grabbed a pen instead of a gun. :angry:

4 Likes

Are we talking about the person who testified under oath on the witness stand last week that she lies on social media all the time?

And if so, who cares what she’s saying?

11 Likes

I don’t understand why you’re being hostile? The United States legal system is set up to favour the state in many ways. I’m not saying I agree with it, in fact I’m very against it.

3 Likes