Barisone- New Thread

What an odd thing for a judge to say. The jury shouldn’t be speculating on alternatives. The prosecution should have presented/proven his case beyond a reasonable doubt. Since he didn’t, the jury’s decision should be straightforward. No reason to go making up other scenarios.

6 Likes

Assuming you meant guilty? Sorry if someone has pointed this out already.

1 Like

You know what I meant

No I think it’s been established that MB could have been released from jail after 2 years.

3 Likes

You left out
They do NOT pay their bills

8 Likes

I was thinking that Rob may have caused the pipe burst damage himself either on purpose or because they were both twerking
They were the last ones in the upstairs apartment before it got closed for the winter

3 Likes

Just a general comment. I think if someone were on a jury that found a defendant guilty, then after the trial heard inadmissible evidence that rendered the guilty verdict unjust, it would be really hard to live with.

23 Likes

Huh. Nothing against Arnold & Porter. They have a perfectly fine reputation and I’m sure they have good lawyers. But AmLaw ranks the in the 40s (2021 = 46), Vault had them as high as 31, Above the Law gives the an insider ranking of B- and an industry reputation of A-.

Again, no slight to them as they are definitely a big name and have some much higher ranking specific practice areas, but it looks like ‘top 5 global blue chip law firm’ was just one more LK lie.

It must be exhausting. Imagine living a life in which you can never simply tell the truth and be at peace with it.

14 Likes

I think the issue is that it is fashionable in society right now to use very binary thinking when engaging in any number of discussions. It’s considered righteous, virtuous, principled, and means someone is sticking to their guns (figuratively speaking) and taking an important stand.

I would never have been able to formulate these words myself @Virginia_Horse_Mom but they and @smoofox’s that you replied to, are a distillation of the mess this is in my brain! The ‘binary’ position “yeah but she was shot” as though the event occurred in a vacuum, along with someone perceiving that they would be vindicated by a guilty verdict, is an unbearable thought.

9 Likes

The bit that confuses me is the posters who insist she is ‘vile’ or a horrible person, etc. but still post on and on in these threads countering the people who see reasonable doubt.

If I think someone is truly vile, I won’t support them in any way whatsoever. I’d just sit back and see what happened.

10 Likes

Yes - definitely. There would only be an appeal in the event of a guilty verdict.

I’m pretty concerned this trial won’t end well for MB right now. We will have to see closing statements though, I guess.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised- or mistrial.

What kind of tuition did you charge for the Law School of Knights_Mom?

10 Likes

2 vacuum bags.

32 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are very generous. I’m assuming a discount for extreme need (of legal education)?

5 Likes

The good thing about that strategy is he may have lost all credibility when he called LK bright creative…if the jury just reads her social media alone they will see that this prosecution witness is full of shite.

9 Likes

So, you think any 9f the big names who testified for Michael WONT go straight to Paradigm and have a serious talk with him? I’ll wager they already have. They all work in the same town.

4 Likes

I would guess that those big names in Olympic sports will make sure LK doesn’t have a place to rest her weary head in any horse circles after this. My guess is they will help Paradigm get rid of her, and mKe sure she’s run out of town on rail.

10 Likes

They would not go to Paradigm and have a talk with them, it’s not what horse pro’s do. If asked they would give their opinion. It’s not in anyone’s interest to get involved who does not work there.

22 Likes

What will “Bob” do when this trial is over? What YouTube topic will they jump to next? Suffocate Bob with insignificance!

1 Like