Barisone- New Thread

Maybe even build a garage if they don’t already have one.

2 Likes

Sure. Okay.

2 Likes

If there is a garage-building boom I want a cut! :wink:

I value your posts, Rowdy. One does not need to be a criminal trial lawyer to post here.

6 Likes

Has anyone noticed in the picture of her pointing to the scar with her middle finger it is the wrong side of her chest? This appears to be the right side of her body.

I thought she was shot on the left side, especially after seeing the photos entered as evidence.

2 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Even if it is a regional insult and an old term, people move and bring their language and family histories with them.

When people know better they can choose to do better. Not using that particular word (sorry Bugs Bunny) is easy.

Plus macarons & macaroons are delicious desserts.

8 Likes

Well, there were several Olympians at the trial. However, she was not one of them.

11 Likes

I am not immune either. I still used gypped and “off the reservation” up until very recently, not understanding how very racist the origins of the terms are.

I have to correct my spouse occasionally for the term I render as “christian someone down on the price.” He’s heard all his life, and didn’t actually know any Jewish people until after he met me; so it just doesn’t occur to him that it’s offensive.

I have an ahem anonymous friend who told me she understood that saying as “chew someone down on the price” which makes more logical sense that the actual saying.

I did love Bugs saying “What a maroon!” before I understood the origins of the term.

6 Likes

He says he worked on the barn when they first came back in 2019. And if you reallllly wade through his testimony, the work on the barn is his sticking point for getting paid that $50k or whatever. Fixing the burst pipe problem was, according to him, in exchange for boarding the horses so he only did as much work as would cover that. But he seemed to believe the barn was for pay.

4 Likes

Plus you’re only a letter or two away from moron, which is a perfectly good insult.

2 Likes

Which is also odd because MB is left-handed.

I shoot handguns left-handed because I am left-eyed. With long guns I shoot right-handed & right-eyed.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly, DownYonder, which is why I was very careful in how I phrased my post.

I was 100% sure no one meant the term offensively, and in fact, its racist origins are pretty obscure.

6 Likes

Or so he says now.

And thanks for wading through his testimony, which I would not care to do again. Once was plenty for me.

5 Likes

It’s a fake aggregate news site that copies articles from elsewhere and directs traffic to their own space for ad revenue and other purposes. The contact address for the site is associated with many other such sites.

6 Likes

Selfie photos are always in reverse. I hate that.

5 Likes

It looked to me like she was taking the picture herself in the mirror, so I think the image would be reversed.

1 Like

I only did because it’s such a contrast to hers. I’m not even talking about the shooting itself. It’s the details in who was supposed to pay for what. And how aggravated he seemed when he said LK wouldn’t let him present his bill because it would mess up the plan. I also, tangentially wondered if that’s when he got demoted from fiancé to boyfriend.

Bottom line for me is that the two of them weren’t on the same page about anything, according to their testimony.

6 Likes

Remarkably similar to the article in the Daily Mail.

1 Like

Lol.

2 Likes