Barisone- New Thread

The appropriate thing to do in the eyes of the court is to vacate and then sue in a civil action.

Of course that would mean you couldn’t hold the property owner hostage but that’s the way it is.

A money disputes does not render tenancy right extension indefinitely.

But they knew in their minds they had to hold MB hostage because without RG being licensed he couldn’t collect on the shoddy work and treble damages kick in.

So they went the hostage route.

19 Likes

[quote=“Joanne, post:1344, topic:771345, full:true”]

Sorry. I got Schlesinger and Simring mixed up. First 8 minutes.

It’s really striking to listen to the various people who were all involved in this situation from 08/01 - 08/07. Although obviously we didn’t hear directly here from MB or JK.

My impression is that some people were still thinking clearly, and trying to move towards a constructive safe endpoint. Regardless of all the tension and personal feelings. Other people were not doing that. They had gotten stuck in the depths of an ugly dispute.

Even MHG, who apparently was also distraught and frightened, made calculated, rational, constructive decisions in early August. She sent her children to stay with their bio father because the situation at the farm was high risk. And she called her own father to come and stay in NJ, so she could have some immediate support from a stable, but uninvolved party. And it’s a good thing she did that… because look st what happened on 08/07 :cry: She definitely must have needed support in the immediate aftermath of that shooting.

17 Likes

uh, doesn’t that all sound an awful lot like the call to 911?

2 Likes

True. And Barisone could have apologized for the lack of a clear contract and offered him $15,000 as a gesture of respect and good will. That’s an off ramp MB decided not to take.

I bet paying RG $15,000 (even if he thought he owed him only $5,000) looks awfully cheap now.

3 Likes

$15Gs for shoddy work?

Let’s add extortion then.

45 Likes

They recorded their conversation about the recordings with this lawyer. We didn’t hear it, but we know the recording existed. Mr. B kept asking about their conversation with the illegal recordings.

Maybe the look of shock on ED’s face wasn’t because he didn’t already know about the recordings, but because Mr. B did….

19 Likes

Unpermitted renovations =/= shoddy work

Everyone was kicked out of the barn because it was not permitted as living quarters. Who made the decision to not bother with permits?

2 Likes

Well, since JK was in charge of LK’s checkbook, according to LK’s testimony under oath on the stand, JK was in a pretty good position to say he was not writing any more checks to MB, so the horses needed to move to the new location he had mapped out with MB’s lawyer.

Unless LK wanted to get a job flipping burgers and pay her own bills on her horses.

17 Likes

Let’s not fool ourselves for a minute this was about the money. It wasn’t.

This was about any excuse one could find to continue with dirty deeds to punish a trainer because he wouldn’t make a mediocre rider his prima ballerina.

The allegations of loose gun, danger to kid, SS, broken froze pipes, dryers from hell, black windowed SUVs, nighttime black veiled creeping, and so much more was nothing more than petty, histrionic payback by someone who couldn’t handle the truth.

37 Likes

but, does that really make a difference?
Why did LK stop RG from giving MB a bill for the work he had done?
They could have easily negotiated payment for whatever work RG did, after leaving…

16 Likes

The barn was off limits not because of permits but because the septic tank wasn’t big enough for living quarters, especially for that many people.

8 Likes

I might have to go back and watch that one again to see his reaction.

1 Like

Honestly, the pictures of the house were disgusting. It looked nothing was done since shortly after the pipes burst. RG himself said he only worked enough (in his estimation) to match what was owed for the month. Those numbers -I saw $50,000–were sheer grift; pay me this and I’ll go away.

30 Likes

I.e. Extortion.

29 Likes

Exactly

6 Likes

I kind of didn’t really understand the point of that. Obviously if they were sleeping on the mattresses on the porch instead of in the clubhouse, they were still going to be using the septic system inside. They were not going to go out in the trees.

7 Likes

Yes, the pictures matched what the insurance adjuster described as things that had been needed to be done to dry out the house and nothing more…

7 Likes

Had she stayed off social media and gone about her business as Mary Haskins and others did, the trial would have been different. Instead she continued her need for attention and attacking, threatening and destroying.

17 Likes

[quote=“hut-ho78, post:1388, topic:771345, full:true”]

Yes, I believe it was the defense witness that said MB told him he got the gun. I was surprised the state witness then said that was part of what MB didn’t remember. But then the state witness wouldn’t have heard Simring say MB told him he got it out of the safe. MB said it was locked up in the safe , he got it shortly before he went to confront the alleged victims.
Stated MB remembers getting the gun.

4 Likes