Barisone- New Thread

well considering that LK is almost a lawyer due to her affiliation with her lawyers in her family, you’d think she too would have been more diligent with the arrangements she was relying on to house herself, RG and her horses…

10 Likes

I thought that, too. But I could let it slide if he rounded up a few months.

Not a year and a few months.

Is that how accurately he dates his notes? :thinking:

15 Likes

Translation: SUBMITTING TO EXTORTION WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER.

21 Likes

It’s why everyone gives advice to hire licensed contractors, check references, make sure they are pulling permits, etc. Pay now or when the property is inspected during a sale. Good contractors are jewels.

Having people live in a barn with horses and not having it up to fire code is a potential disaster. It could be a favor in an odd way.

1 Like

And why was MB’s phone on that table? Something is up with that part of their story.

20 Likes

Don’t try and play it off as a favor. Won’t work.

Were it not for the acts to aid in extortion no one would have been displaced into the barn.

If no one was displaced into the barn then no violations would exist.

As to the dryer one person saying “hey the dryer is getting too hot” would have had a Home Depot delivery of a new dryer in a day or two.

17 Likes

You sound like a lot of fun. Good Lord. This is why I keep my circle small.

20 Likes

@hut-ho78 there is no evidence of this, testimony to this, or inspection findings of this.

21 Likes

I don’t get extortion.

It is a verbal contract which is legal but difficult to enforce in which neither party understood the terms of the other. MB hired RG to do work. MB had one deal in his mind. RG had another deal in his mind.

When the contractual relationship soured, MB refused to pay which may have been reasonable. RG could not pursue payment because he was unlicensed. Therefore, he turned in MB for unlicensed work and testified he advised MB he could pull a license. RG was working as either a farm laborer or an unlicensed contractor. Since he advised or testified he advised MB that MB could pull a license then RG was a farm laborer. In New Jersey, if he was working 40 hours a week then was owed minimum wage and could MB be responsible for workers comp? Bartering can incur tax implications for both parties as avoided income for both parties. The whole thing is a mess.

1 Like

I keep coming back to the fire marshal saying the barn had no issues. No one posted a Stop Work order like they did on the house. Nobody posted anything about unpermitted work, and Rob did work in the barn, but likely nothing that actually required a permit. Even Rob said it was mostly cosmetic. Just the really nice health dept lady said hold up! Septic tank can’t handle this much use.

The house was a different problem. Fire and flood remediation always require permits, inspections, and sign offs by the insurance company.

8 Likes

I have a question for the Coth legal eagles, if MB had had the altercation only with RB because LK was off getting her hair done, would all of those the omitted SM been allowed to go to MB’s state of mind, since LK would not have been a victim?

1 Like

Yeah specifically the septic rank wasn’t a problem yet. Health dept lady didn’t want it to become a problem by overuse.

(I’m a little sensitive to septic tank issues right now since I just spent a lot of money redoing my leach fields that failed after 45 years of use. I learned more about septic tanks than I ever wanted to know.)

14 Likes

:thinking:

I agree.

The house was irs own issue. I’m perplexed that if the finding of damage was in April why it wasn’t mitigated yet even if insurance was dragging its knuckles on payment.

I’ve done enough renovations using 0% interest options to start a job that had to be done ASAP.

4 Likes

I defer to attorneys on this.

2 Likes

That was an except from a posting I made giving examples of things that could be needed to change the barn to a barn with living quarters and common fire hazards. What was testified was the barn was never given occupancy for people. One person asked if it was only over the septic system. Possibly but occupancy covers a lot more than just a septic system.

1 Like

I don’t get it either. It would have been so much easier to get at least some of the work done while the house was unoccupied.

2 Likes

Or you can highlight a certain part, and “Quote” will appear above it. Just click on that and it will only quote the specific highlighted section.

It seems like MB was out of state for a while. Maybe that delayed the start of any contract work. LK said that her apartment was previously JH’s and made a big deal about it being a requirement for her to stay on site of her horses.

2 Likes

Trying.