Barisone- New Thread

As an aside, reading this about “Tarshus” I can’t help but read Emmerson Lake and Palmer’s “Tarkus” and now that epic piece is in my head.

2 Likes

I remember this, it was quite an exchange

5 Likes

I always thought it was because MB didn’t use the insurance money to pay RG. when he did’t use the money to pay RG, they accused him of insurance fraud. As in, if we can’t have the money, you can’t either.

11 Likes

I have never seen either of these two women in person but, I would not describe them as resembling each other at all. One is a good looking fit woman.

20 Likes

They are so very different in type and presentation. That said, English riding trends white, and blonde women very common in the sport.

1 Like

I agree with this. I would never have described them as looking alike at all.

MHG looked very fit and athletic, much more natural hair and minimal makeup if any, very smart and responsive, poised and polite to both sides.

She seemed much more like Jaime Dancer and Allison Brock who looked like formidable athletes to me - quite strong and serious and no nonsense. Those three women had a presence and I could tell they were legit athletes.

17 Likes

I can envision one of those scenes where the 48 hours guy is running across the street with a microphone and tapping on JK’s mercedes window, “Excuse me, excuse me, we wanted to ask you just a few questions - did you you and your daughter conspire together to ruin Michael Barisone, as she testified in court?..well, he drove off”

9 Likes

Yes I really liked seeing that straight up straight forward horse woman manner holding up under pressure. Nothing about LK said horse woman.

17 Likes

General comment.

Could we please not fall into the trap of comparing women based strictly on their appearance in response to one ridiculous pot stirring post?

That seems unnecessary. Thanks.

15 Likes

Fair point that we should not be baited by that pot stirrer. But, general response, I meant not to compare them, but just to note that they didn’t look the same to me at all. And I carefully avoided any comment on LK’s appearance.

Way back when this all started, I once remarked that I thought RG and MB looked a lot alike. Someone who has seen both men IRL told me I was totally wrong, one is tall, one is short, one has this build, one has that, etc. Just pointing out to me that they really don’t look anything alike. I didn’t see anything wrong with that.

9 Likes

No, you have that backwards. RG would owe MB treble damages because he is unlicensed.

16 Likes

MB doesn’t owe RG anything, and MB would have received 3x the amount in damages from RG if it went to court. I think its one reason why LK didn’t want RG to put anything in writing about what he did, because that would have been all the paperwork MB would need to take him to court, especially after documenting the damamges to the house that weren’t repaired. LK wanted to bilk that out of MB, or use it as a weapon to undermine MB’s reputation. But if he had put it in writig MB would been awarded the damages because RG was unlicensed in NJ.

14 Likes

Something I agree with you on. MB caused his own problems because he trusted LK and her clan to be stand up people. He worked with LK and allowed RG to work off board.

RG admitted on the stand that he did no more work than he thought he had to do to pay the board of the horse(s).

13 Likes

Some relevant details about “home improvement contractors” working in NJ, registration, licensing, potential penalties, and mechanics lien process.

Reading through this, I wonder if RGs home improvement LLC was registered with the Division of Consumer Affairs and/or Department of Community Affairs?

I also wonder if the work he was supposedly doing for MB, would be considered “financed repairs” with a payment schedule that was over 90 days? It’s a stretch, as there is apparently a barter agreement involved, and a verbal contract.

New Jersey refers to general contractors as home improvement contractors or home building contractors. The state doesn’t require these contractors to carry a license, with one exception that we’ll go over in a bit.

Home improvement contractors have to register their businesses with the state’s Division of Consumer Affairs, just like any other business in New Jersey. Home building contractors need to register their businesses with the Department of Community Affairs.

But, if a home improvement or home building contractor deals in financed repairs with payment schedules more than 90 days, they will also have to apply for a license from the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance.

Penalties for unlicensed and unregistered work

Registration is pretty universal in New Jersey, so it makes sense that the state would have some strict penalties for working while unregistered.

The penalty for working without registering is a civil penalty of up to $10,000 for the first offense and $20,000 for each subsequent offense. If those fines weren’t steep enough, there can also be criminal charges and additional fees.

New Jersey subcontractors and suppliers need to send preliminary notices on every private project within 60 days of last furnishing to protect their mechanics lien rights. On public jobs, that window shrinks to 20 days from first furnishing .

Should payment still be an issue, contractors, subs, and suppliers have no more than 90 days from last furnishing to file a mechanics lien to recover their payment.

Source of info:

2 Likes

And don’t forget

6 Likes

And remember it was either HutHo or CurrentlyHorseless who said MB was negligent in not obtaining permits and I countered that the contractor pulls the permits?

9 Likes

There a SM post by LK that hinted at “insurance fraud.” So yes, they absolutely knew.

3 Likes

Robert Goodwin’s LLC was registered in NC. He was not a licensed contractor in NC or NJ. To do work in NJ he needed to be licensed in NJ.

8 Likes

And have insurance and do all the stuff in that checklist I posted above.

6 Likes

For people who are swimming in attorneys… elite, global, blue chip attorneys…

14 Likes