Barisone- New Thread

I am injecting a bit of humor. Hope no one gets mad

30 Likes

WOW. That was not a stupid thing to say. At all. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Good one. Hopefully it’s Rosie!!

14 Likes

I read her “insurance fraud” comment to mean that she thought MB had purposely broken the pipe in the house for the insurance money, but I could be reading more into it than was there.

3 Likes

Nancy Jaffer has three columns up to cover the last three days of trial developments. It’s refreshing to read accounts that don’t set your teeth on edge with the horse references.

Also, she’s the only one I recall who correctly refers to MHG as MB’s ex-girlfriend. All the other news outlets can’t seem to be bothered to get that detail right.

Www.NancyJaffer.com

8 Likes

Yes. Particularly the completely contradictory details from LK and RG about her actions immediately after the shooting. They had 2 1/2 years to work on their story and that was the best they could do?

3 Likes

I wonder if this is why the prosecutor asked every witness who lived there if you could see from the farmhouse to the stables. They all said yes and I didn’t get the impression he liked that answer.

1 Like

My parents live quite close (=/- 45 min) in a tourist town all on it’s own. The summer season vs the rest of the year is markedly different. They don’t dislike the tourists - the money they bring into the region is absolutely vital to many of the residents though my parents are retired. But they are over the chaos by September. The term Fudgie on it’s own is not a insult, but there certainly are rude tourists every season, and an adjective before Fudgie is certainly something that occurs.

The year round population of Mackinac Island is so small that those residents understand that all the services that they have and enjoy are because of the tourists, so do understand the necessity of them. There are plenty of islands along the Michigan coast that they could choose to live on if they wanted a more isolated year-round existence.

2 Likes

I thought the witnesses said they could only see the top of the building or something like that.

5 Likes

Lure, Finish the Bastard, … There were several comments or words used that literally made me gasp.

13 Likes

All Shellhorn would have had to do is ask some posters here how easy it is to get her off the rails, maybe he’d have fared better with her testimony.

5 Likes

Especially the casual way LK acknowledged making the remark about finishing him. That was unreal.

14 Likes

They did say that and that’s where the camera was. I can’t think of any other reason he asked that question, but maybe I’m missing something.

If you can access the drawing again, it looked to me like you turn off the road into the driveway, then the house’s short driveway/big parking pad (whatever it could be called) is on your left. That would be the back of the house where the stoop and the concrete patio is. A house that age would have been built to face the road.

Yes, it’s my understanding that you can’t see the barn from the house because of the hill, but you could see the vehicles on the driveway to and from the barn, but they probably couldn’t see her because of the umbrella. Ha! “Smart and clever”.

1 Like

A friend of mine who lives near Saratoga said that all the local residents stock up on groceries and supplies the week before the race meet opens in the summer, and then don’t go back into town for the next six weeks. Lol.

I believe they do actually have a pretty active tourist scene in Saratoga for a lot of the year, but apparently it all pales in comparison to the actual racing season.

2 Likes

I swear at one point LK said she had two phones. Again. I very well may be wrong, but as I’ve said several times - the phone thread and the ear witness testimony about what he heard really bugged me and wish Bilinkas had been able to pull at that thread more.

1 Like

If he had asked here, he might have dropped the case like a hot potato.

7 Likes

Speaking of listening devices, didn’t LK tell us that she had overhead MB and others plotting her murder?
It’s weird that the Prosecutor didn’t trot that gem out for the jury?
Maybe it’s lame and/or not sound for the job?

On a tangent, I watched The Thing about Pam last night. It was interesting watching a show about a trial after this deep dive the last couple weeks.

Question for the legal Beagles…
Do both sides present Judge with a copy of their summation ahead of time?
Can each side object still, as the other presents it?

13 Likes

Could only see roof of house from barn is what I recall

1 Like

Wait the camera was on or near the roof, directed at the barn?