Barisone- New Thread

My understanding is that MB’s position is that he was threatened into such agreements by JK. And with the impeachment of LK on the stand, we got a glimpse into how that was done…

3 Likes

One of the joys of being back to work in person is getting to hear the details of my coworker’s home projects, and you don’t believe me about the details he inflicts on anyone who will listen.

I found it quite believable that getting permits for something as simple as an EV charger would almost double the installation expense. I’ll stay a renter for a while.

What part of my report do you consider “wrong”? That he was told he could pull the permit himself, as the homeowner?

1 Like

You are working VERY hard to assign whatever blame you can to MB. It must be tiring.

“The sea is endless when you are in a rowboat.”

15 Likes

Generally, the rule of thumb on closing is the opposing counsel CAN object, but rarely do. In my area, it’s considered pretty rude. You have to really cross a line of introducing facts not in evidence. And generally, even if the objection is sustained, the prosecution can certainly hammer that defense attorney misstated evidence in his rebuttal. I personally have never seen any consequences beyond losing credibility with the jury, which you really don’t want to do right before they go into deliberations.

This trial? Who knows.

Before closing the judge should remind the jury that anything the lawyer says is not evidence. But closing is where you get to tell your story to the jury, so there’s a lot of leeway other than not bringing in facts not in evidence. A good attorney is really a good story teller in that moment.

8 Likes

(d) Application for a permit shall be made by the owner, or his or her agent, a licensed engineer, architect, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration, or other contractor employed in connection with the proposed work. If the application is by a person other than the owner, it shall be accompanied by an affidavit of the owner or the authorized person making the application, that the proposed work is authorized by the owner, and that the applicant is authorized to make such application. All issued permits shall remain the property of the owner, even if the application was made by a contractor or authorized agent. https://casetext.com/regulation/new-jersey-administrative-code/title-5-community-affairs/chapter-23-uniform-construction-code/subchapter-2-administration-and-enforcement-process/section-523-215-construction-permits-application

2 Likes

As for LK & RG, they are 2 vile individuals…I have no feelings for them other than that.

5 Likes

Right. Sorry. RG would owe MB 3X unless he was considered a house employee and not a contractor.

I think MB is responsible for the sloppy verbal agreements that covered his dealings with LK and RG. How do you imagine JK, or anyone, could “threaten” MB into any arrangement?

4 Likes

I read it at the time, but it’s interesting to see it again now. Here’s a brief snippet from it:

“They know there is a person suffering multiple gunshot wounds, bullet wounds,” she said in an interview, her voice raspy where the ventilator had damaged her vocal cords. “To say those things, is something no one could ever imagine.”

Similar to taunting someone who had lost a child, perhaps.

She also said in the article that she “did not recall” contacting child protective services. That has a familiar ring to it.

19 Likes

Interesting, thanks.

1 Like

What are your thoughts about the additional charges brought up in the charge hearing? How might those either help or worsen things for the defendant? I interpreted it as they might be a way to still get a guilty verdict but maybe to a lower offense but I’m not a legal expert.

More proof that you didn’t watch the same trial as the rest of us.

12 Likes

I’m hoping Mr B is a better storyteller than Mr S. It’s going to be interesting to watch.

My dog has a vet appointment first thing in the morning so I’m going to have to play catch up on it, and I am impatient!! I want to see it now, lol.

1 Like

Look, I understand that what you are doing is obfuscating, but RG did not do any work in the house. The house was a disaster. No work-no pay.

12 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWHWRO45oc&feature=youtu.be

Lisa Lockwood on the personality disorders…

“I have a hunch he might get off”….

I’m saying that his ability to get LK and RG to leave quickly would have been much simpler if he had not engaged in sloppy verbal agreements for unpermitted renovations with RG as an unlicensed contractor.

3 Likes

Yeah, sure.

That was the magical solution.

14 Likes

Yes, because obviously they were being completely cooperative other than regarding that one issue.

(^Sarcasm.)

25 Likes

I’m sure I would be watching the trial on my phone in the waiting room at the vet’s office. Lol.

I hope everything goes well with your dog.

2 Likes

you started with ‘if RG wanted to get paid’
Then you moved the goalpost. shrug

5 Likes