Barisone News

No. That should never be assumed accurate or obvious.

4 Likes

I’d assume, if I wasn’t trained not to, that the uninjured, un-bloodied person was the shooter.
However, no officer should assume.

8 Likes

Heymer testified he was working about 1.5 miles away when an active shooter call came in for 411 West Mill Rd. That’s it. While in route the call was escalated to full out get there now status. He arrived basically blind as to what he was walking into. He was asked to describe the scene from his arrival, and he did. He never mentioned any names or number of people had been provided by dispatch.

8 Likes

OK. The officer shows up and asks “Who’s the shooter?” RG says ‘This guy’, indicating Barisone. Did Barisone contradict RG in any way, for
example saying, “No, it wasn’t me, he’s the shooter”? Do you think it is unreasonable for the cop to go with RGs identification of the shooter if the other person (other than the victim) fails to contradict RGs statement?

1 Like

Yes. Absolutely. Completely unreasonable, unsmart, and contrary to police practices.

For all he knows the unresponsive person is deaf.

26 Likes

It has been stated repeatedly Barisone was incoherent.

10 Likes

He was also asked if he recognized anyone or the voice from the previous incidents and he said no. He also said the two males were “later identified”. He didn’t testify to asking anyone’s name, and he didn’t testify that anyone identified who they were. He also specifically testified that MB made no attempt to answer him or interact and was “just there” and incoherent so he certainly couldn’t independently confirm his identity.

8 Likes

Which, when arriving on scene to multiple potentially injured parties, is predictable
that someone may be just returning to consciousness, knocked out, dazed, concussed, 
 A myriad of predictable reasons someone might not respond

11 Likes

If the cop did not ask for the names of all three people within 2 minutes of being there, then I agree that’s inexcusable.

3 Likes

Action like Heymer’s, or rather in-action, is how police are killed. Period.

14 Likes

And how cases end up falling apart

9 Likes

If you had been reading, you would know. It was in my notes. I said it again in my last post confirming eggbutt’s statements.

5 Likes

His testimony indicated he didn’t ask who anyone was.

4 Likes

He wasn’t completely unresponsive. He was talking, but never said “RG was the shooter”, or “It wasn’t me”. Apparently.

1 Like

The officer testified that he wasn’t responsive when he asked who the shooter was. Again, he testified he was incoherent and “blank” the entire time he was on scene. He was only “talking” blankly and not in response to anything the 2-3 times he said he had a good life after medics had arrived on scene and were treating him. The judge himself after all the cross/redirect asked the officer what he meant by “incoherent” and was told that he was “blank”, “just there”, and completely docile. Again, refer back to my notes

or do you think I’m lying in them?

7 Likes

Well, there’s now 4 of us here who watched the hearing and heard the same thing.

3 Likes

OK. That strikes me as really odd. If you’re responding to a 911 call in which the caller says she has been shot by a guy named Michael Barisone, the first thing I would do is find out which of the two men on the ground is Michael Barisone.

1 Like

Okay, let’s look at “assumptions”

You’ve never seen any of these people, you arrive on the scene before anyone else, you approach and find a woman bleeding on the ground, a man face down bloodied, and another man without apparent injury on top of the man on the ground. So, who do you think each person is? Or, do you follow your training and secure EVERYONE until additional help arrives to sort things out? Please don’t be naive. Several of us have posted what Heymer testified to. Perhaps LK can get the transcripts as she said last night and share them with everyone since we 4 didn’t apparently hear the testimony correctly. LK asked me last night if I had hearing issues because her family heard apparently different testimony. Go figure.

7 Likes

I am still confused by the random other person that is mentioned up thread that the officer saw walking away when they pulled in.

11 Likes

Remember in the way back beginning it was mentioned a neighbor had also called 911? That may have been that neighbor. I was surprised neither attorney followed up with a question, but perhaps it was irrelevant.

5 Likes