Barisone News

Why is it inexcusable that, at the scene of a shooting where one person is bleeding and not moving, the first responding officer doesn’t immediately ask for names? For god’s sake that’s ridiculous. He asked who was the shooter, got a response from one of the conscious individuals on the scene, and didn’t get a conflicting response from the other conscious person at the scene. Here’s a little known fact - sometimes people give names that AREN’T EVEN THEIRS at crime scenes. Why would an officer waste precious time asking for names?

8 Likes

Me too. I came in right as he was saying it so I didn’t catch any context. We know there are statements made about “ear witness” and a lawyer calling JK. Could just be a neighbor….but obviously the police officer thought it was odd. Was it because the police officer thought he was close enough to maybe be a potential witness? Maybe have heard how many shots or any potential yelling?

We only assumed the earwitness was on the phone with LK or her lawyer because LK made a big deal about not being able to connect the 911 instantly and that MB didn’t know about it and it was super secret (as in maybe privileged).

5 Likes

I do not find it irrelevant that the officer let some random person wander off.

7 Likes

No, I meant the attorneys at the hearing already may know the identity of the mystery man and they didn’t find it relevant for the hearing.

4 Likes

OH, that makes sense.
Valid point.
Maybe the officer did not let him wander off never to be seen again, it was just a topic not discussed.

5 Likes

The first thing I’d do is get handcuffs on everyone, and weapons out of their reach.

You do realize people lie, don’t you?

17 Likes

Yeah, where is he?

3 Likes

Bolded mine.

Which is why the initial responding officer appeared to ignore basic police training by not securing anyone capable of moving until it was all sorted out.

As others have pointed out - this is how cases that seem to be a clear open and shut fall apart - when the defense can plant the seed of doubt in the minds of jurors due to problematic police procedure and prosecutor mishandling of evidence.

12 Likes

Was this person ever identified or questioned?

1 Like

The officers testimony made it clear that MB was dazed and confused when he asked the question and generally non-responsive to everything. And he asked it twice.

7 Likes

Dunno. That’s all LK and IM making these claims of there being an ear witness and implying that they heard it all….

1 Like

Responsive meaning he answered a question with an answer to the question asked.
It does not seem to me MB was "responsive " if he was repeating and uttering statements unrelated to questions asked or the present situation.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how the CPS investigator interpreted MB’s demeanor when questioned by them vs his demeanor with police. Since his dissociative state was supposed to have begun with the CPS questions, how much of the physical injuries and the traumatic event of the shooting affected his condition. Since the CPS investigator found the allegations to be unfounded, he must have been able to communicate with them somewhat. Maybe the blackout occurred right after? I’m not familiar with that type of mental health disorder.

3 Likes

Hopefully this won’t be too confusing. I had a three family where a man lived on the 3rd floor, a couple with kids lived on the 2nd, and the son of the 3rd floor tenant lived on the 1st. The 1st floor tenant (black belt in karate for the record), got into an argument with the man in the 2nd floor.
2nd floor started throwing punches. 1st floor tackled him and pinned him by the shoulders, all the while 2nd floor is still punching him in the head. 2nd floor wife comes down, puts chock hold on 1st floor, who is still pinning 2nd floor. 2nd floor still punching, ends up punching his wife in the head, because her head is near 1st floor. 3rd floor comes, pulls wife off, pulls 1st floor off and gets 2nd floor up, who then sucker punches 1st floor.
Cops were called, no arrests made. 2nd floor sues 1st and 3rd floor, saying they punched wife, who ended up have visual problems from the blows. 2nd floor also had an eye witness, who backed 2nd floor’s story, even though she was inside, across the street, with several parked cars in the way. Judge looked at evidence, told 1st and 3rd floor that they should settle, as it would be cheaper than lawyer costs for a trial. He made it pretty clear he did not believe 2nd floor version of events.
One would ASSUME that 2nd would not have punched his own wife, but he did.

7 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

That might not seem as bad if he had treated them both equally and restrained both of them so he could provide medical assistance for the person who was hurt.

11 Likes

@3PonyFarm brought up something we who watched the hearing forgot to mention!!! At the end of the hearing when the judge was looking at dates and asking for status on psych reports, Bilinkas said MB remembers nothing from the time CPS arrived until later in the trauma center!

CPS would focus on MH anyway since she is the parent.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if we will ever hear any testimony from CPS.

5 Likes

I have a bit of an off topic question that has been bugging me. I hope y’all don’t mind. What dog breed or mix of breeds could be termed small and/or short and weigh 50-60 lbs?

The only one that comes to my mind is a Bassett Hound—short but not small and the ones I’ve known would probably mosey over to the cop car and pee on his tire before it did anything else.

4 Likes

Hounds and terriers or mixes of those. Terriers and hounds can be very territorial, aggressive, and prone to nipping.

8 Likes