Barisone News

When a class in a law school has a mock trial, isn’t that to give the students practice in a mock court setting? If a big bucks defense team holds a mock trial to test out arguments, wouldn’t people who resemble likely jurors be important? Law students are a very unrepresentative group, and would have a whole different perspective compared to “regular” people.

2 Likes

How common is it for attorneys to use a mock trial in a defense? Do they go through the whole process as if it were an actual trial or do they test parts of testimony?

2 Likes

Duh. That’s why no one was allowed to “wander the scene unsupervised.”

Cops testimony: Goodwin said “please don’t hurt my dog.” “I told him he could put the dog in the house.”
Bilinkas: “where were you standing in relation to Goodwin.”
Cop- “He was next to me, on my left.
Bilinkas: where was the door
Cop- to the right of me
Then, the next officer arrived on the scene and I asked him to get my medical kit.

Newsflash- no one took their eyes off RG and they wouldn’t have had to. Actually, it would’ve been impossible for RG to be out of sight at all. Deal with the fact you don’t know what you don’t know.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hmmm….IM was “confused” when he said RC wasn’t testifying for the prosecution. That kind of sounds like the bolded…. You know….that she’s not “cooperating”. Does that mean your frustrated that she hasn’t admitted to the police that the gun purportedly used in the shooting is hers?

So, why is it that you go out of your way to always scream arrested and charged but never mention a conviction? Surely they should have that by now.

8 Likes

You do. If the quote function is working and you use it, YOU just controlled the fact the quote will come up grey. [edit]

1 Like

It is sort of like coming up on a traffic accident
Do you a) pull the person from a burning car or b) secure the scene so nobody crashes into the accident and kills the responders.
The cop is lucky he is alive with all the choices he made.

10 Likes

I would think it isn’t done often, unless the defense has deep pockets (like the Kenosha Killer trial)
I know ‘Bull’ is a fictional depiction of the art behind picking juries, but I would suspect it is accurate (safe for creative license for plot-reasons). Before you are even invited for the jury selection they know everything ther eis to know about you and they pick your equivalent out of willing (and paid) aplicants for the mock. How far they go with the trial, who knows.
I think it is different than the mock trials from law school.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Grizzly sized dogs, victims are allowed to roam a crime scene, imagined “crates,” MB remembers nothing …… (except everything that he said, which proves he remembers everything & his lawyer is trying to omit from evidence) RG disappeared from the crime scene, the cops did not secure the scene- or search it, there were only 2 cops at the scene, the laundry room isn’t in the “house,” - RG went to hide inside the house,” - the house was only their apartment so RG had to walk down a hallway and up some stairs to put away the GRIZZLY BEAR, ……

Your one sentence is your first (but not ONLY) problem.

3 Likes

No, WE are lucky we’re alive because of all the choices the first cop on scene made. He literally saved lives that day.

4 Likes

There is mock trial, the class where students act as prosecution and defense counsel, and then there is “come sit in on a trial as though you are jury while we practice our arguments and you tell us what makes sense”

The first is a semester long class, the second a few days of getting out of class.
Is a jury of law students different than non-students? Probably, but anecdotally, I’d say law students are as unpredictable as any jury. I was told later that the student decision matched the real jury.

3 Likes

In my very limited experience, jurors are surprisingly open minded; they generally try very hard to understand and follow directions and to get to the correct decision based on the facts they are given. It’s fascinating to poll a jury after a lawsuit. I was lucky enough to get to review the jury polling after the McDonald’s coffee case. It was sure eye-opening. Most jurors started out very anti plaintiff. By the end, they couldn’t give her enough money, and the judge reduced the damages. They were livid and out for blood.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Surely. Bc, people who haven’t been tried yet are ALWAYS tried immediately. Oh wait. MB is still incarcerated…… two plus years later.

3 Likes

Didn’t it turn out that the actual facts of the case were very different from the initial reports?

I seem to recall that during the trial, it came out that the restaurant had a long history of making the same mistake with other people before the injury to the plaintiff, or something like that.

11 Likes

The initial reports were very basic,but not wrong. Lady got coffee at drive through, spilled it,got burned. All of that was true, but yes, the details were much more damning against McDs. They had burned many people and just didn’t care.

7 Likes

Okay. So RC is innocent. Got it.

4 Likes