Barisone News

The only way I can make sense of this is to take what IM has said as true (even though I know it might not be), and try to fit the other bits into that framework.

I mostly believe what IM has stated. I don’t take it as “gospel”, but then I’m not religious and don’t take the actual gospel as gospel! Curious expression.

3 Likes

You seriously think the prosecution doesn’t talk to the most important victim/witness??? Of course they do. What a ridiculous suggestion.

4 Likes

I thought he said he didn’t practice law and never had.

2 Likes

I believe IM thinks what he posted is true because that is what he has been told by others, with the exception of his personal experience with MB.

9 Likes

Notice the word relevant. The prosecutor is under no obligation to share information with the witnesses.

4 Likes

but they usually do, especially if the victim is going to take the stand. Would be very strange not to in a case like this.

2 Likes

Same could be said about you.

3 Likes

Challenging a posters claim is not an attempt to vilify.

COTH is not a court of law. Its for purposes of discussion as long as the posts conform to the terms of service.

No one here has to defend or absolve MB of anything. It is alleged that he shot LK. He has not been convicted of anything.
It is up to the prosecution to prove it to a jury.

Anybody here can speculate as to the guilt or innocence of a defendant.

And anybody take offense if they choose to.

But taking other posters to task because you think they are being mean or insensitive is not helpful.
Correcting a poster for incorrect information is not an attack, nor is it bullying.
Neither is pointing about faulty logic or misinterpreting points of law .
It may in fact be condescending, or annoying but that is not against the rules.

Lastly, not believing an account of a witness is not victim blaming, or shaming.

Neither is speculating.

And none of this matters, as AFAIK , no one who has posted on these threads is sitting on the jury and so our opinions on the outcome do not matter except for being able to say
“I told you so.”
Which is not attractive at all, but again not against the COTH TOS.

34 Likes

Apparently you follow “crime stories”…how often in those stories have you heard the victims/witnesses complain the prosecutor tells them nothing?

3 Likes

The prosecution MAY share some info but more importantly they are trying to make sure that there will be no surprises if the victim is going to testify. Victim testimony can be tricky.

8 Likes

Except I am not the one posting a lengthy blow by blow of the entire situation! I have speculated and have never said this is what happened. Shall I share his post?

6 Likes

Excellent!

3 Likes

Exactly. The filing in the civil case indicated that NJ has a law giving rights to crime victims, and perhaps their families.

You’re right that the defense has no obligation to inform the victim of its strategy. But the civil case has EVERYTHING to do with the defense in the criminal case. The civil filing pretty much spelled out that the defense is going with an insanity defense, didn’t it? Isn’t that public knowledge at this point?

3 Likes

Is “Graduate of Hudson U” an insult I’m not familiar with? Please explain.

2 Likes

The civil case supported the allegations of MB’s diminished mental state. It does not reflect what the criminal defense strategy is planning as a guarantee.

3 Likes

LK is not a mere witness. According to the prosecutor, she is one of the victims.

2 Likes

And generally victims are treated as witnesses. But LK has stated on another forum she has a Global Top Five law firm under retainer (why?), so they may have obtained prosecutorial plans for her. They would not be privileged to defense strategy.

9 Likes

Hudson University is a fictional institution utilized in many a Law & Order episode and other shows set in NYC (mostly when the bodies hit the floor)
I git my forensics degree from Hudson U: I watched enough L&O to be dangerous.
At least I am aware I get my ‘knowledge’ from a fictional setting, and different jurisdictions have different laws.

9 Likes

The civil case made allegations of MBs diminished mental state, which will need to be supported in the criminal case.

2 Likes

I already agreed that she would not have access to the defense strategy.

2 Likes