Barisone News

You get the statement of the complaint not the name of a filer. It usually isn’t hard to figure out who it is unless it’s a totally random stranger though.

4 Likes

I would hope any lawyer, high priced or bargain basement, would not have used some of the insults and name-calling he posted.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic on that score.

15 Likes

Interesting, thanks.

2 Likes

Depends on what kind of lawyer, as in field of law. Anyone can be rude and uncouth.

2 Likes

Apparently so.

The lawyers I know tend to be very careful about their words. Especially anything in writing.

5 Likes

Sure. Or url. Thanks for your trouble.

This x1000.

Not addressing anyone personally is appreciated. It would cut the length of this thread, and the number of posts every day, by probably 50% at least. Of useless post reading.

There’s this thing in adulting called ‘ignoring’ someone, not taking the bait, who is only causing disruption, achieving no genuine purpose than to sidetrack into personal slights and name-calling all around. Whoever that is.

(There is also an actual ‘ignore’ function in one’s personal settings.)

10 Likes

Can you explain, KM? You have accused LK, a named person of a crime (harassment), without identifying yourself. This seems to violate the forum rules, as I read them. I would also appreciate clarification from the mods.

3 Likes

The amount of times you have tagged the moderator it is no doubt that they will comment as soon as they are on the forum again. Mentioning it over and over again will not make them log on more quickly.

20 Likes

I think the third shift has arrived!

19 Likes

Valid point. I did not even realize it was a different poster. I guess I should change my post to say that someone has tagged the moderators enough times…

5 Likes

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your demand.

19 Likes

I think you are fine @trubandloki! It’s all good! Enjoy your Saturday night!

2 Likes

According to what you posted, the libel itself is not a crime. Related activities such as 1. Violating a restraining order, 2. Being in contempt of court, or 3. Extortion, harassment or stalking can be crimes. Has she accused you of any of those?

The libel itself opens you up to civil sanctions rather than criminal sanctions. So, no, libel is not a crime.

2 Likes

The number of times I have tagged the moderator is exactly zero.

JQ has tagged the moderators several times, and I’m merely saying (without tagging anyone) that I would also be interested in clarification.

2 Likes

I did correct myself.

6 Likes

It wasn’t a demand. It was an honest request that you explain your reasoning behind “Nice try. But no.”

2 Likes

Consult an attorney if you wish to know. Use google.

10 Likes

Wow! In my state the referent is redacted for everyone including the court! No one except the department ever knows who the referent is unless they out themselves. I just figured all states were the same. Also here, if a parent is named as the accused perpetrator, regardless of the outcome, they never see the CPS report, by law.

1 Like

??? Why would I consult an attorney or google it? It’s an issue of the interpretation of COTH rules, not a legal issue.

4 Likes