Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

Yeah, I can understand this. I do think she has a point. I just stated some extraneous thoughts on the matter.

1 Like

It’s what I saw in Connecticut, Florida, Virginia and Washington state as well as reading about people’s experiences here from the numerous threads on the matter.

1 Like

Report what, exactly? Someone disagreed with your opinions and that’s totally acceptable on these forums.

14 Likes

I felt the need to clarify for the people who are probably reading and screech about how we don’t understand because we never met her or know people who have met her and therefore that’s an excuse to get people whipped into a frenzy and be ugly.

3 Likes

You’re new here let it go.

2 Likes

But are they? :lol::lol:

5 Likes

Smoofox, thank you for your nice post!! I appreciate it and you are welcome to come and visit!!!

Just saying, this was Sparkys first post in this thread and it had nothing to do with the topic…

1 Like

Not likely but I can still play in fantasy world right?

1 Like

Is this you hinting I’m an alter? I thought we went over this in the last thread. 🙄

I AM new, and I don’t understand what she has to report. Did I miss a personal attack somewhere?

4 Likes

I have known for a long time about the USEF mileage rule, and have complained about it in real life.

What I was trying to say was that USEF should only be blamed for specific rules that make the sport more expensive, as opposed the general fact that showing is expensive.

Manni was blaming things like grounds fees that are almost as expensive as stabling, and indeed I am not aware that USEF sets grounds fees, nor that a weekend show must be two separate shows. I think those costs come from show management decisions not USEF rules.

Since you know all the USEF rules, perhaps you could let me know if USEF sets the grounds fee, or the stabling fee.

1 Like

I don’t compete in Connecticut, Florida, Virginia, or Washington state. The impact of USEF rules on the economics of dressage shows may well be different from their impact HJ shows, no?

The issue is not just what the rules are, but how the rules impact the cost of showing. I think that the economics of putting on dressage shows is quite a bit different from the economics of HJ shows, but what do I know?

@YankeeDuchess do a search here and you will find the answers to your questions regarding AAs and the price of showing. Let. It. Go. Or start a new thread in off course to get cross discipline answers.

7 Likes

What I meant to say is;
To the extent that the cost of showing is high because of a constraint imposed by USEF, such as, for example, the mileage rule (of which I am aware), then it is fair game to slag USEF.

On the other hand, to the extent that stabling fees or grounds fees are high just because of basic economics and not because of any USEF requirement, it seems not useful to me to slag USEF about those costs.

1 Like

Sent you a PM

1 Like

The question to you about whether USEF sets grounds fees and stabling fees was rhetorical, so I’m not inclined to search old threads for the answer!

Should I be careful to denote which of my questions are rhetorical? (That one. That’s a rhetorical question.)

Or it was a joke. I don’t really care one way or another, but I do love a running joke.

1 Like

If you ignore it does it go away?

7 Likes

Manni actually has the money and the very nice horses, that she brought to this country. She just does not like how we do things here in the US.

All these people saying everyone is having PM conversations. My last PM conversation was me asking someone about a recipe they posted about. The one before that was me asking someone specifics about a product they posted about. No one includes me on the PMs about LK having or not having an alias or anything about Manni. Should I be feeling left out?

Can we add them to the list of people who might be PB? :lol:

To some people (general people, no one specific) everything is a personal attack. Just smile and nod.

My best guess is their intent is to side track here… go with that whole ignore thing.

9 Likes

Not my first post on this thread Manni01. Whenever there’s an opportunity for a wisecrack, I try to fill the void.

And YD asked if you were being sarcastic. Since I didn’t want her laboring under the impression that what you wrote was a joke, I simply told her your perspective on wealthy amateur dressage riders, which you are quite open about. Actually, quite on topic.

9 Likes

Amateurs are absolutely allowed to receive prize money without impacting their amateur status.

GR1306
3. Permitted activities by Amateur. An Amateur is permitted to do the following:

d. Accept prize money as the owner of a horse in any class other than equitation or showmanship classes.Accept prize money in Dressage.

7 Likes