Unlimited access >

Barisone Safe Sport Update

In hindsight, I am beginning to think that there were more than just one phantom SM accounts for her to use, to move and manipulate the ongoing discussions in various ways, including accounts that posted truthful or inflammatory tidbits that were contrary to the pro-LK narrative, to whatever end.

15 Likes

If they thought the horses were in danger before, then why did RG concede to let the staff care for them after the shooting?

9 Likes

Because I was questioned repeatedly about what other things I thought MB was going through? I used to just say aging issues then I was accused of attacking his virility. This time I explained the cognitive part and was still accused of attacking his virility.

My original purpose in that list was trying to understand why a successful trainer/rider/business man could be so bothered by a problematic boarder. As long as he has been in business, they should have legal forms and releases and know how to kick someone out. Most of the barns I’ve been in do have those things and have been able to do so. I’m tired of typing it. I guess you and others aren’t tired of reading it because it comes up enough times.

1 Like

Maybe because otherwise RG would have had to actually lift a finger to take care of them.

4 Likes

Wait - she is currently posting on YT about paying MB’s employees? Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?

3 Likes

Sometime within the last two weeks.

4 Likes

Indeed. She is posting all sorts of stuff that contradicts established facts, though I have no idea which videos she is posting her comments under.

4 Likes

Thank you for this. I’m going through what I can read, and will listen to podcasts. It definitely is helping me see things a little clearer.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

I have to give that family a huge amount of credit for turning their own difficult situation into an opportunity to educate others on the whole safe sport process. Major props to them.

6 Likes

That’s why I don’t understand the “MB needed LK’s money” thing. $5k is a pittance in terms of running a farm.

13 Likes

No kidding. I’m in awe of the strength.

4 Likes

I keep trying to improve. It’s a SM manners exercise. The use of snark is contagious and addicting. Can I make my point politely? I can try.

2 Likes

Where I am, a good farrier is like a god. You do a lot to stay in good with them. If either of the duo could have paid, I am fairly certain the horses would have been shoed.

Here is what I find interesting: the family works very hard not to put cash in lk’s hands, much like you would do with a using addict.

16 Likes

You really are a piece of work. That “problematic boarder” had initiated a relentless campaign of mudslinging against MB in an attempt to force him to ditch MHG and restore Herself (the problematic boarder) as #1 at Hawthorne Hill. And when it became apparent that he wasn’t going to acquiesce, she escalated from insinuations to actual threats and other actions - including inferences to certain governmental agencies that MHG’s minor children were at risk there.

Sheesh. “Problematic boarder - on steroids.” (Or other stronger drugs.)

25 Likes

Somewhere it was said RC promised the father and RG that she would personally take care of them. That was before they knew it was her gun but I believe she was sincere.

IM did not say the cameras were “not up and running yet”.

Just problematic. No big deals.

2 Likes

Didn’t LK say that MHG coveted one or more of her horses? Why wouldn’t you take care of a horse if you planned to steal it from LK?

16 Likes

I did notice that when I watched a video of some testimony last week, it looked like they had edited out the actual sidebars. I wonder if it cut some of those sessions in half on the replay!

4 Likes

Yikes. I fear for anyone in her orbit. She has no filter, no self-control.

8 Likes