Barisone Safe Sport Update

OK. You haven’t read it, you’re not sure who it applies to, and you don’t know who issued it. Perfectly clear, thanks.

1 Like

It says to log onto FB

No. I expected the assistant trainers and the fiancée to stay to take care of MBs horses and close up the facility rather than leave it to the mother of a working student. I think LO is a saint for stepping up and taking care of a huge, horribly painful task.

1 Like

Ah, that one. I thought he was referring there to not having inside information from USEF/SS.

Not about the rest of the case.

3 Likes

Not that I read!

In NJ he pled guilty to a couple different drug charges, a DUI, at least one disorderly conduct thing, and a resisting arrest charge (I find this one ironic since we’ve heard MB had a resisting arrest charge, but he doesn’t). And pages of traffic violations.

12 Likes

Lots of things including but not limited to: criminal trespass, use/possession with intent of drug paraphernalia, reckless driving, all convictions

8 Likes

I wouldn’t. I would treat RG and whomever as criminals and I’d get my horses and family away from them ASAP.

RG is a big boy, he could figure it out. I would consider myself as owing them NOTHING.

9 Likes

Perhaps you’ve forgotten but they did state it.

You miss a lot. You should maybe try and pay more attention to things.

12 Likes

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

I think most of us have been or know a situation when horses get moved out within a matter of hours. And I am talking about multiple horses. Done it. That is definitely not an excuse and the fact that team KK keeps bringing it up on a horse forum …. Is kinda stupid…. Do you think we don’t know the industry or the business. You Kanareks are small potatoes…. Obviously…. Since you don’t know how to move horses or humans out of a bad situation…. Even after many people offered to help. Sad very very sad. None of this is difficult unless you want to Finish the Bastard.

22 Likes

My question, KM, is whether the assistant trainers and MHG as fiancée owed MB the support of taking care of his horses and closing the facility.

Of course they didn’t owe LK any help with her horses.

1 Like

This is not a accurate statement. A permanent ban as I understand it prevents a USEF member from having any contact with a banned former member regardless of whether they are interacting outside the jurisdiction of the USEF. In practical matters it prevents them from earning a living. That goes far beyond “being kicked out of a club.” It’s a legal problem and I suspect it will be the real reason MB is reinstated.

Between constitutional rights of freedom of association and the obvious problem of tortuous interference of a third party coming between the contract or business dealings of two other parties there is very good fodder here for a lawsuit.

I don’t know whether it wins or not, but SS/USEF have been relying on the fact that the vast majority of these cases deal with situations where the object of their policies won’t sue because they are not going to want any additional spotlight. Not so MB–no wonder its a “unique situation” for SS. He would have nothing to lose and likely has enough public support (and/or financial support) to pursue it.

The last the thing USEF or SS wants is any public focus on policies that might be a problem under some serious scrutiny or have to show transparency in their “due process.” I strongly suspect these conversations are all already happening behind the scenes, and he gets reinstated as soon as it’s feasible.

13 Likes

They did what they had to I’d imagine. Justin seems in good favor as he’s running the Florida place so I imagine all is well.

Must have been scary to abandon your place and leave it in the hands of criminals. Imagine having to flee like that!

17 Likes

I totally agree.

4 Likes

JH testified that he’s still working at MB’s farm in FL. So, why aren’t we assuming that he helped with that endeavor? Would MB really still want him around if he just ditched out on everything and moved on down to MB’s FL farm without helping with MB’s horses?

12 Likes

I tried … thought I did but I am part of the illegal elderly mob… Is that what we are called. . I don’t seem to remember ugly nonsensical things…. But am annoyed I can’t copy and past things from FB. Especially when there is something happy and beautiful to share of course dressage related.

6 Likes

LO IS a Saint. LK’s horses left toward the end of August. JH and another stayed until early Sept, packed up lots of stuff and went to the FL facility. When the property went on the market, LO offered to clean it out and have everything shipped south. It wasn’t like everyone disappeared August 8.

And again, LO is the kind of friend everyone should have in their life at least once.

31 Likes

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me, but obviously I can Google it. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine packing up a facility of that size.

2 Likes