Barisone Safe Sport Update

I don’t remember the exact timeline, but I can easily see MHG giving him an ultimatum after they found the Suboxone boxes in the trash. I don’t think very many parents would be too happy about the fact that junkies - recovering or not - were living on the same property with their kids.

19 Likes

Or, after they got that super thick preliminary report on the background checks. As a parent, the stuff I’ve seen would have wanted them gone (if my kid were still a kid) and we haven’t seen the bulk of what was in that report.

12 Likes

I’ve learned that some people are just vile and toxic and you have to come on extremely strong with them.

6 Likes

And will forever. It seems like so much of this started from a good place for MB, based on testimony in court. They told him they couldn’t afford rent in NJ. So, a deal was worked out that included RG working off some costs. If only it had all fallen apart right there.

9 Likes

Yes. It’s all just unreal.

4 Likes

I bet that revelation, those boxes, suddenly made lots of puzzle pieces fall in place and show a clear picture of what MHG had intuition about beforehand.
Once that picture was clearer, how bad this could go likely also came into sharp focus for her.

10 Likes

MB got played. Rent and training and board would have been easily affordable if LK had 1 horse and lived within her means.

But no, LK has to be like Vegas. Fake on the outside.

Many if not most dressage amateurs have one horse. LK could have too. Even 2 horses may have been feasible were one retired at a retirement place.

16 Likes

You know…I believe part one of LK’s 6 part manifesto was about people issuing ultimatums……

6 Likes

What horse sales? She couldn’t even afford the horses she had and she was irresponsibiy buying more. Maybe she thought MB would finance her riding career too?

SHE HAD HORSED HERSELF BROKE.

12 Likes

Unless she could talk whomever puts money into her magical bank account to start adding more money so she can have more horses.

6 Likes

Unless she could talk whomever puts money into her magical bank account to start adding more money so she can have more horses.

I do not understand an adult who considers it normal to get an allowance from their parents and that is (apparently) their only source of income. That mindset and way of life is completely alien to me.

9 Likes

Most reasonable adults are able to understand that relentlessly tormenting an emotionally fragile man might yield unintended consequences. That she had no clue or concern that she was driving a man to the brink of insanity indicates that she is either stupid or has no ability to reason like a normal adult or has no empathy. And those are not mutually exclusive.

13 Likes

I thought there was a Wizard of Oz who bestowed $$$ because they were compelled to do so

4 Likes

That smacks of effort and work. Findommes don’t rely on luck, for example.

3 Likes

This rule was made by SS when a banned Gymnastic coach decided to set up his own training center to get around the ban. If you want to belong to the national federation of your sport, US Gymnastics or USEF, you cannot train with, or otherwise aid and abet banned people to get around their ban.

National federations are required by law to follow SS rulings. They have no choice. People could sue USEF over SS policy but they would be unsuccessful. USEF is following the law.
If members don’t like the policy they have to sue SS which I believe has already been done, unsuccessfully.

5 Likes

Yeah, she testified about hearing people giving ultimatums. People, including MB, MHG, Mary DeFranco and others.

3 Likes

Do you remember what date that was?

It is not at all unheard of among amateurs who go to horse shows.

However, the amateur needs to adjust their plans for whatever the allowance amount is. For some people, that might be 10 horses showing 40 weeks a year. For other people, it might be one horse showing twice a year. Or two horses who don’t show at all, but still board at a nice facility and get ridden. Or three retired horses who live out in a field.

3 Likes

It really is hard to comprehend why these people absolutely, 1000000% refuse to comprehend these reasons!!

8 Likes

I simply don’t get it when the amateur is in their 30’s or 40’s and their parents pay their way through life. It doesn’t appear that Lauren did anything to help defray the costs. Sending Rob forth to work off her bills and lifestyle isn’t Lauren breaking a sweat. Or a nail.

It certainly doesn’t look like healthy adult behavior to me at any rate.

8 Likes