Barisone Safe Sport Update

The Hay Guy testified around 2:00 PM on April 4th, which I believe was Day 6 of the trial.

The building inspector lady was right after him, and she was also excellent.

6 Likes

And maybe the part where RG turned off the video camera minutes before MB showed up at the house?

7 Likes

Yes! 1:42 he got the clip sent to his phone. Turned off cameras around then. I’ll add it

3 Likes

Thanks for doing such a great job on the timeline!!

2 Likes

A couple of interesting discrepancies.

About the SS timeline.

And we now know he was notified by CPS.

5 Likes

Off topic. If there are needed prayers today, direct them to the families of the 18 children and 3 adults slaughtered in TX. My heart breaks that human life will never be valued above the right to own a gun in this nation.

26 Likes

Ha I knew it was close because I remarked on it at the time.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

And thanks everyone for adding things I missed!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

She’s posted similar stuff on YouTube - that he shot her because she reported him.

1 Like

On top of everything else, she could not even accurately state the number of horses she had on the property in New Jersey at the time. The fifth horse was not there yet. It was still in quarantine at a different location.

Probably the most accurate thing she’s ever said on social media is that she has become a cautionary tale about reporting to safe sport. But in the opposite way from what she was trying to convey.

8 Likes

But they are her life…

1 Like

Agree. If you look at the SS list of suspensions where MB shows up (obviously across many sports), it is somewhat shocking to see that the TOTAL is well over 1700. 1700+ people who mostly have presented some measurable risk to minors! Here is the description of cases SS takes vs other sports bodies:

Per the SafeSport Code, the types of alleged misconduct over which the Center exercises
jurisdiction (i.e., where the Center is the designated entity within the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic
Movements that will investigate the allegations) fall into two jurisdictional categories: Exclusive
jurisdiction and Discretionary jurisdiction (see Section IV of the Code).
Generally, the Center’s Exclusive jurisdiction covers all forms of sexual misconduct and/or child
abuse of a criminal nature, whereas the various forms of physical and/or emotional abuse fall
within the Center’s Discretionary jurisdiction. Some allegations—including low-severity forms of
bullying between athletes, coaches using harsh or inappropriate language, or other discretionary
matters—are more promptly and effectively handled by the club or gym (i.e., the LAOs), and
others can be escalated to the national level with the NGBs/USOPC.
The Center typically exercises jurisdiction over allegations in its Discretionary jurisdiction when
they either involve more egregious forms of misconduct (e.g., hazing or physical misconduct
resulting in severe injury or death) or when they present a potential conflict of interest for the
NGB/USOPC (e.g., with a NGB’s staff or investigators, or when a matter involves Team USA
athletes or coaches, or other high-profile Participants)

2 Likes

I added Aug 5th as the day of her SS report.

2 Likes

How about RC being bitten by Rosie on the 6th?

3 Likes

I thought I had that?

Here’s a link to the testimony of the Hay Guy, Mr. Davidson, which starts around the 8:00 minute mark. I believe he said he works for the Robert Jenkins Nursery in Long Valley, New Jersey.

7 Likes

right behind Suboxone and SM

They sent her a strongly worded letter but I think that’s it. DH doesn’t ride or train or teach or show, and is not a USEF member, so there is really nothing they can do to stop her cyber bullying and defaming people, or stealing and rebranding their intellectual property, apparently.

5 Likes

you are the BEST!!! thank you!!!

3 Likes