Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

Just doing a little reading on it, it seems like it is very common for those who suffer from it to have had childhood trauma. It also says it is very difficult to treat, but that the dissociative times can come and go. It seems like he was in that state for a bit of time, at least throughout his therapy sessions. It seems as though he has a good team of Drs working with him at least.

4 Likes

With regards to prosecution‘a rebuttal witness… how much weight could a psychological professional carry if they haven’t examined MB personally?

What can they say, “sometimes people fake it?”

Hypothetically, could a psychiatrist or psychologist be called on by the prosecution and then decline to testify because they agree with the defense? Are these professionals paid by the defense/prosecution for their testimonies (I would think not, but I’m clearly ignorant here)?

I think he is institutionalized until the facility psychiatrists deem him to be not a threat to himself or others. I don’t think he gets to pick and choose but I think he can hire an outside mental health expert who may be able to intercede on his behalf. That can be a short time of a life time. I think an example is the guy that shot Reagan.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, it abates with time and removal from the person(s), place(s) and event(s) that led to the event that finally pushed them over the edge. A support team, including mental health professional(s) who specialize in trauma, can go a long way. But family, friends and outlets are important too.

3 Likes

They are usually paid by whomever calls them. They have to answer questions truthfully. Both sides get to question them. They can not refuse to answer something other than plead the 5th, which isnt a good move.

1 Like

I do. I also think I asked how in the world she knew what medication(s) he was taking and why. I recall she said they were for his narcissism and I brought up that the only medication with which I am familiar for a Axis II diagnosis is lamotrigine/Lamictal (for BPD and not everyone can take it).

So I figured she was rummaging through his medicine cabinet or other private areas.

8 Likes

The rebuttal witness should have had some opportunity to interview the defendant. And if that report comes back similar to the defense experts, the prosecution is just not going to use that witness, although the’d still have to give the report to the defense.

And yes, experts are paid by the side they’re working for, which is why Mr B made sure he had both of his experts testify that they have been an expert for the state or the defense in the past.

2 Likes

Question:
Has IM testified yet? Or will he possibly be a rebuttal witness?

2 Likes

No way to know as we do not know, nor can we speculate upon, IM’s real-life identity.

6 Likes

If the state’s expert came to the same diagnostic conclusions about diagnosis, but just didn’t agree that MB couldn’t remember, is there much value to them testifying to that?

I mean, MB has always had the right to not testify…and the basis of the defense is that he was delusional, not that he couldn’t remember…

3 Likes

EDIT TO ADD a what I was responding to. (Still trying to get used to the logistics here)

“If the state’s expert came to the same diagnostic conclusions about diagnosis, but just didn’t agree that MB couldn’t remember, is there much value to them testifying to that?

I mean, MB has always had the right to not testify…and the basis of the defense is that he was delusional, not that he couldn’t remember…”

Personally, I wouldn’t think so. However, someone else might think that if they can prove he’s faking one thing (the amnesia) he’s probably faking the rest, which they could argue in closing statements.

2 Likes

I used to be much more judgmental about such things until I started to use voice to text. Which is a fantastic feature, but not always completely accurate. Lol.

5 Likes

IM’s still reading just now

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if IM is an alter.

6 Likes

Yeah, but dice shaming!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegamer.com%2Fdungeons-dragons-dice-shaming-pics-real%2F&psig=AOvVaw0ZywQF8KWbBF0ii4LNbigW&ust=1649435396683000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAcQjRxqFwoTCKD6_O2vgvcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

2 Likes

Nope. Just listening to testimony and legal stuff posted here.

1 Like

!!!???

Arrrrgh - no, please do not get this thread shut down with that kind of speculation! Not even the same style of writing, anyway…

15 Likes

Hmm. Well, that might explain the frequent scratches. Instead of the other obvious possible reason, which could also be a factor.

1 Like

I just went to the thread and other than her normal diatribe against me she talked in circles until the mods asked that focus return to the topic.
I can now say my posts on that thread were a result of SS repeatedly refusing to act on 4 official complaints I had made against LK, with documentation, and my frustration at their reluctance to act on the reports. Once the shooting occurred I was told to “be patient” because optics were at play of going after a “victim”. What irony that her victims had been ignored by them.
Eventually I was told that my reports did not involve a minor and protecting minors was their newly defined focus. I believe a similar response was given to Girl Joey.

When I learned LK had involved SS I knew she would have had to throw something in her report regarding minor children. THAT was weaponizing SS. Imagine my surprise to hear during the trial that MB and MH had sent 720 pages documentation to SS in the days before the shooting. Will they act now or kick the files to USEF to handle LK?

One of LK and her father’s gripes about SS was their belief that one of the major donors to USEF was also a sponsor of Ali Brock’s Olympic endeavors, and since Ali was involved with SS and one of her sponsors was a big donor, there must be corruption!

23 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

Also, good call.

3 Likes